What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Pulled a random stick out of the sampler pack today. Something called Hesitant Pirate.

Nothing subtle about this one, just a straight-forward mild tobacco taste with the tiniest hint of nuttiness. This would be a really good cigar for beginners or for stocking up as a daily smoker. I can imagine smoking this one on the golf course or cutting the grass.

tcMXKLv.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Finishing up a Victor Sinclair Edicion Especial Churchhill. It's Cuban inspired with Dominican tobacco I believe. Very enjoyable. Notes of chocolate and vanilla with just a hint of pepper.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Been a while since I've actually "enjoyed" a stick. I was able to sit out back and smoke an entire Obsidian White Noise. Man was it good. I had just over an inch left when I finally put it down. Didn't have to relight it either. The only thing I don't like about it is the 2/3's length band. Kinda p.i.t.a. to get.off.

Good day y'all.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Went to Niki blains last week.
    Worst service I've had there. The barely 20 looking young lady absolutely mangled my cigar after taking more than 30 minutes to bring it to me.
    I got maybe 10 minute into the smoke and it unraveled beyond enjoyment. I asked her for a do over and she brought me a new cigar 15 minutes later.

I spoke up and asked her if I may punch and light it myself. It was an awkward exchange whilst my pals made fun of me. But at least I go to enjoy that cigar.

I'll continue to go there but I do my best to stay out of her section

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Today's random stick: the Joya del Jefe Centennial Reserve.

Not much good to say about this one. Pretty bitter throughout. I did occasionally get just the faintest hint of vanilla and cashew notes, but overall this is an el cheapo. It did burn OK but probably would not go out of my way to get one of these again.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Having a Cuban Romeo Y Julieta Desde 1875 with a Sun King Old Fashioned Extraction ale.

I rarely like Cuban cigars, no exception here. I told friends to stop bringing them back. Rather have my Nicaraguan...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I agree. Nicaraguan cigars Ard consistently better, IMO.

Funny thing, regular cigar smokers I've met do not seek out Cuban sticks often. Maybe they would like to try a highly rated stick now and then but no craving for a holy grail that is unobtainable.

Cubans are so often counterfeited that one cannot even be certain that what they get is the genuine article. A few years ago Feds busted a sophisticated counterfeit ring in Florida and confiscated thousands of sticks that were being rebanded and equipment to do it. I have read even in Cuba itself, if you do not buy from state run stores it may be fake. Does anyone really believe that a communist government can make a great product?

After Castro took over many tobacco purveyors fled to other countries, taking seeds and starting over. Think California wine 60 years ago. It took time to rebuild and make great product. Now California wines are world best and beat the holy grail French wines, same with cigars...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Will it warm up enough to go out today?

I'm heading out to the deck now. Reached into the mystery sampler humidor and pulled out ...

A generic looking stick with a green and yellow band that simply says "Cuban Delights Premium Cigars."

Something tells me it's neither. But we shall see.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I took a walk this evening to get out of the house and blow some stink off. I brought along a Fidalgo Negro to enjoy along on my travels. It was a smooth medium-bodied Churchill with a subtle blend of chocolate, mocha and a hint of nuttiness. I finished about 30 minutes ago and still have a buttery mouth feel.

Would recommend.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    This weekend I enjoyed a Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve cigar by Drew Estate. The Kentucky leaves are aged a year in PVW bourbon barrels. Wonderful taste and aroma, very complex smoke with a dense creamy smoke. Unfortunately, did not have Pappy to pair it with, but it tasted great with some Jefferson's Reserve Pritchard Hill bourbon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom