• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowderApe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2020
    Northern California
    Some offbeat fun music! Rev Peyton's Big Damn Band. Fun country blues from your neck of the woods: Brown County Indiana! Discovered these folks a few years ago and havent really found a "lemon" in any albums! Toe tapping, hand clapping flashbacks to earlier times!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm on a "You Never Even Called Me By My Name" kick. I'm listening to it several times a day every day for about a week. I was listening to the Sirius "County Classics" station in the garage and it came on- immediately I started singing along...it's almost impossible not to. I had forgotten how much I love that song:

PowderApe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2020
    Northern California
    Kind of bizarre but... ...a great voice and well worth the listen! This is what YouTube is for! Another bizarre online discovery of mine that is actually pretty cool!

This first one is with a fabulous newcomer Haley Reinhart. Heluva voice and presentation- both of them!

A touch of The Cure ala Bruce Springsteen style

another offbeat mismash- but it comes across pretty well!

PowderApe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2020
    Northern California
    Throwback to the sounds of the 40's!
    This piece was so brilliantly crafted: Hailey came on with her beautiful and easy voice. Then Morgan came in with her huge voice and after you had Ariana come on and give the Broadway feel. Hats off to these guys.

Last edited:

PowderApe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2020
    Northern California
    The chorus and melody was written by Bob Dylan back when he was writing songs for the "Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid" movie back in 1973. It was unfinished and basically just a background tune till Ketch Secor of Old Crow Medicine Show band finished the lyrics 25 years later and made it a hit!

This is the original Old Crow version:

...and this is the version by Darius Rucker- my favorite version.

Top Bottom