What are you continuing to stock up on before the election?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Why is the election date important? If the election was called off, all you guys stocking up on various things would sure look silly.

My life does not revolve around elections. Especially national elections.
    Because prices on firearms and related items go up and supply dwindles just before and for a while after elections.

Did you do no shopping the last two times Obama was elected? It upsets the firearms market greatly. It's best to buy now while prices are stable and availability is ample rather than later when it all gets tossed up.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    No one mentions drugs (i.e., insulin, antibiotics, powerful pain meds, etc.)? I just had a LARGE kidney stone removed (my 39th stone to date). If the SHTF, regardless of cause, there will be millions of folks dying from lack of meds, or dying from simple infections that run wild. BTW, there's a new yeast infection that's drug-resistant and has a mortality rate of 60% sweeping the globe.

The only folks making past the 2nd year of "The Walking Dead" are top-tier athletes with no pre-existing conditions that require meds.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    You raise a good point David. However, since prescription drugs, especially pain killers, are so heavily regulated, I'm not sure how you would stock up on them short of finding a crooked doctor or robbing a pharmacy.(I am not advocating robbing a pharmacy-Dont do it.)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No one mentions drugs (i.e., insulin, antibiotics, powerful pain meds, etc.)? I just had a LARGE kidney stone removed (my 39th stone to date). If the SHTF, regardless of cause, there will be millions of folks dying from lack of meds, or dying from simple infections that run wild. BTW, there's a new yeast infection that's drug-resistant and has a mortality rate of 60% sweeping the globe.

The only folks making past the 2nd year of "The Walking Dead" are top-tier athletes with no pre-existing conditions that require meds.
    Maybe you should stock up on cranberry juice. :dunno:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    What if it's an original C&R AR-15 instead of just a new lower? What if it's a Portuguese AR-10? We just need to know where the line is so we don't make you cry, no one likes cleaning up cosmoline.

Indy1919 told me to poke doggydaddy over his recent AR 15 binge buying....At a mutual friend and customer's request I poked....Plus he's a Canadian.....One day I will tell you of the 2 hour "the safety is broke on this 1903 Springfield" dilema that has provided indy1919 and myself hours of good natured ribbing at doggydaddy's expense...

And then I can tell you about the last words I said to my wife before life saving surgery was getting ready to be performed on me...To be fair to me I had a pretty good jolt of morphine in me when I looked at her and said, "Tell doggydaddy I got his PM on those frenchy revolvers...Manhurin's...I just can't do it now..."

When I came too the next day and she said, "WTF is a doggydaddy and why am I supposed to tell him you ain't going to be getting a frenchy revolver...INGO????? Is that like a code for something....."

:) True story...Last thing I saw was doggydaddy's PM as wife was taking me to the Doctor...I didn't have time to respond so when the morphine kicked in I wanted her to let doggydaddy know I wasn't ignoring him because of his Canadianess...

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Indy1919 told me to poke doggydaddy over his recent AR 15 binge buying....At a mutual friend and customer's request I poked....Plus he's a Canadian.....One day I will tell you of the 2 hour "the safety is broke on this 1903 Springfield" dilema that has provided indy1919 and myself hours of good natured ribbing at doggydaddy's expense...

And then I can tell you about the last words I said to my wife before life saving surgery was getting ready to be performed on me...To be fair to me I had a pretty good jolt of morphine in me when I looked at her and said, "Tell doggydaddy I got his PM on those frenchy revolvers...Manhurin's...I just can't do it now..."

When I came too the next day and she said, "WTF is a doggydaddy and why am I supposed to tell him you ain't going to be getting a frenchy revolver...INGO????? Is that like a code for something....."

:) True story...Last thing I saw was doggydaddy's PM as wife was taking me to the Doctor...I didn't have time to respond so when the morphine kicked in I wanted her to let doggydaddy know I wasn't ignoring him because of his Canadianess...

Its all CODE. :)

I thought lowers were supposed to grow on a shelf in your safe like mushrooms in the dark. :dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I bought an extra AR, some Glocks, some stripped lowers, LPKs, ammo, more AR mags.
    Still need more ammo, some AK mags, I might get some more pistol mags.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Judging from my recent purchases I guess high end knives and gun accessories? I bought a years worth of ammo many months ago at a killer price. Procrastination is for amateurs.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

What you should have told her was to hurry up and buy you one of those Frenchy revolvers... price has almost doubled on them now!

Top Bottom