What are you a "hater" of? (related to guns)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    People who tell me that my weapons/equipment are "junk" because they are not the ABC brand.
    Even though they have more problems with their stuff.

Uninformed individuals who think that I do not need a weapon to protect myself, or to prepare because thats what the Gov't is for.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    2A haters
    Hi Point pistols - Never even saw one before a week ago. I was in a gun shop and saw this thing setting in the case. At first I thought it was a joke, you know a bad model of a space gun or something. Wow, I just hate the way they look.

Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    Glocks (grip)
    1911s
    Grip safeties
    Bulky, low-capacity European pistols
    .40 S&W
    Ignorant gun buyers
    Ignorant gun salesmen
    Ignorant gun owners
    Ignorant media
    Heck, ignorance in general...

sig-sweet

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    * In Indiana, it's a PERMIT, not a LICENSE.
    * CLIPS go in your Glock, MAGAZINES are what you read in the bathroom.

I probably shouldn't say the other things I hate. Someone might hate me. ;)
    \

Pami,
    I'm not bashing just educating.....:D

[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]A "clip" is a bent piece of brass or steel that holds rounds to speed load a military rifle. For the '03 Springfield, 30-06 rounds came in 5 round "stripper clips" that perched up above the open bolt so that 5 rounds could be quickly pushed down into the receiver of the Springfield.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif, sans-serif] [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]For the M-1 Garand, 30-06 rounds were gripped by a steel clip and sent to the soldiers in bandoleers holding a number of "clips" of ammo. The Garand is loaded by shoving a full clip of ammo down into the receiver. The Garand fires the eight rounds and ejects the now empty clip with the last shot, clearing the receiver to accept another loaded clip of 8 rounds. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The Germans and the French also packaged their cartridges in stripper clips to speed load their bolt action rifles in WW-1 & 2.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif, sans-serif] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]A clip does not have an internal spring forcing the rounds up. That is the design of a "magazine".[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif, sans-serif] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Many modern rifles and all modern semi-auto handguns use "magazines" to reload. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]They are frequently referred to as "clips", especially by gangster rappers, but they are magazines, with an internal spring and a follower to move the ammo up as the rounds are loaded and fired from the top of the magazine.[/SIZE][/FONT]

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I hate the Obama effect on arms and ammo prices.

But the flip side of that coin is I love the message all that buying frenzy sent to the D.C. dipsticks.

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    Oh yeah, I hate the Miller commercials where the beer delivery guy takes away the beer because the people don't meet his standards. Looks like class warfare (I just self-edited comments about ACORN)

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    anything someone took a soldering iron too

paint that makes a gun look like a toy gun

steel handguards on a mbr

really tall scopes (think ar carry handle)

people who swear glocks or xd's are a pos and 1911 is the only pistol worthy of having.

h&k customer service.

people who have a lifetime permit and 20 guns but never carry it.

steel cased ammo

people who tell me that the way i carry my gun is wrong( you need the uber cool $200 holster like mine)

Last edited:

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    People who dress like trees
    People who carry guns everywhere they go
    People who eat meat
    People who kill animals for sport
    People who have religious quotes for their signatures
    People who drive 4X4s, especially ones with gun racks in the windows