• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    That answered a question I had. Anyone know where to take one in the Monroe Co. area?

Found this Burl:
    https://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239037

The Hoosier National Forest off of 446 near Bloomington has great coyote hunting. I know because I hunt it frequently.
    biggrin.gif

Hell that's where I target shoot and squirrel hunt :ar15:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I feel bad wantonly taking the life of any animal, regardless of its size or worth. I feel bad not being able to at least use part of the animal for something. I haven't been coyote hunting before, but if I ever do shoot one I'll tan the hide myself. I've done a few deer and have some skills. I guess this just stems from the traditionalist in me...

That alone would keep me from shooting one. Shoot one yote and give yourself a weeks work?

My humble opinion, they are canine rats. I like to hunt turkeys, rabbits and deer and those things are hard on at least 2 of those and probably all 3. Not to mention stalking people's pets. I'm no big fan of those toy dogs or cats but a little dog or a cat messing around in the yard is a little too close to a toddler playing on the porch or in a play pen to suit me.

I understand where you are coming from on the killing just to be killing but there are way too many yotes and beavers around me and not enough deer. These tear jerker sacrifice the deer herd to feed the lazy programs are what lights my fuse.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    varmint are called varmint for a reason, while I don't recommend killing them all in fear of throwing the ecosystem out of whack, taking out small numbers whenever possible is always a positive(as long as its legal)

raccoons, possums, and coyotes are all fair game to me, the first two usually end up as bit for the third out here. Although, we haven't really had coyotes around my house this year, but dnr has been trying to capture a mountain lion.....who the heck let that loose, idk, but I'd like it as a stuffed animal

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I feel bad wantonly taking the life of any animal, regardless of its size or worth. I feel bad not being able to at least use part of the animal for something. I haven't been coyote hunting before, but if I ever do shoot one I'll tan the hide myself. I've done a few deer and have some skills. I guess this just stems from the traditionalist in me...
    I also think that an attempt should be made to use the animal in some way (meat, fur, etc) however there is also the goal of depredation or eliminating the animal (s) doing damage to crops or other animals when the eco system is out of balance or great damage is being done to ones crop! Real hunters have purpose!

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I also think that an attempt should be made to use the animal in some way (meat, fur, etc) however there is also the goal of depredation or eliminating the animal (s) doing damage to crops or other animals when the eco system is out of balance or great damage is being done to ones crop! Real hunters have purpose!
    See doing damage to crops or other animals! I totally agree with protecting your livestock! NEED HELP?:dunno:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    See doing damage to crops or other animals! I totally agree with protecting your livestock! NEED HELP?:dunno:
    where are you located if your serious im in for some coyote hunting we have more this year than ive had since ive lived here (about 13 yr) i have one deer stand i only sat 3 times this year and saw 3 coyotes my first outing 2 my second and 4 my 3rd and none of them were packs i saw 1 group of 2

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana

By letting the carcass stay where it is you are feeding a lot of different critters. I don't enjoy killing animals but we have large packs of them in Greene County and when we had cattle they would get after the calves. I couldn't allow that so we would shoot them and then dump the bodies back in the woods. It wouldn't take long for the entire carcass to be gone. Just tell yourself you are providing for some of the other animals.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Just on a note of something kind of interesting we are seeing bobcats this year. First time in my 26 years at this location. We, my hubby and I, also so a panther.....big black kitty. Beautiful but a little scary at the same time. It was crossing through my horse's pasture and she stood and watched it and it didn't spare her a glance. Good thing.

Top Bottom