• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Also, just to throw it out there, Planned Parenthood provides a great deal more services than just abortions. They are a full service health clinic geared towards women's care, including gynocology, pre and post natal care, and yes, the dreaded abortion. I'm no fan of their receiving public funding, but from a strictly medical perspective, they do more good than harm.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Eventually the States need to suck it up, stop taking Federal money (yeah, I know its OUR money), and tell the Feds to pound sand. As long as the feds hold the purse strings, they will call the shots.

Two things happened that made this type of tyranny possible -- after all the Founders weren't idiots.

1. Amendment 16. 1909. Taxes are no longer apportioned to the states based on population. Spending bills originate in the House. States with large populations have more seats. More seats means more votes. These states could more easily come up with enough votes to make sure that they get large amounts of money for their states. The caveat was that they would also get the biggest tax bill. Constituents don't like representatives that bring home big tax bills and they get voted out of office. A nice neat little check and balance on "mob rule" at the treasury.

The 16th Amendment did away with all that and turned our reps into a bunch of quid pro quo (bad language removed). As long as their state gets a piece of the pie they will make any backroom deal they want. No accountability at the ballot box.

2. Amendment 17. 1912. Direct election of senators. It was originally intended that the senators would represent the states (and the state government) in matters of the national budget, and since every state had an equal vote ("the great compromise") big states couldn't rule over smaller ones. And since the state governements had to find a way to come up with the tax money apportioned to them, there was a large incentive for the senators to REPRESENT the states' fiscal interests.

Now that senators are representatives of the people this other important check and balance is removed from our form of government. The fact that there are more people living in cities than in rural areas further stacks the deck against people that want limited government.

The Federal Reserve was created in 1913, which was done because super-wealthy bank owners like it that governements run up big debts.

Coincidence???

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    4 million in federal funding...Tell obama to stick it where the sun don't shine. This irrelevant excuse for a leader sucks. PP could stop killing babies with poison or probes if the money is that important to them.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Who wants to bet that we will not cave? I am sure the Feds know if they cave all the states will do this.

Let us watch the 10th Amendment stuff fly! :rockwoot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I really love reading your posts. You're always right on (inasmuch as for the most part I agree with all your posts that I've read), and it's a real pleasure to read levelheaded rational discourse.

Heck, in fact most of the posters here maintain their composure even over the most heated topics. I like this place.

:D

It probably helps that the people here are more interested in posting their opinion and facts to back that opinion up. Most internet forums lack the all important grounding of facts and logic :D

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    BOOOO HOOOOO, the white house is crying because now their leaches on society who give the democrats votes cant no longer reproduce ....snip

Just making an observation: Wouldn't less access to abortion mean that the "leeches" reproduce more Dem votes?

I don't support abortion by any stretch of the imagination.....just pointing out a potential flaw in the thinking.

Top Bottom