• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Carmel & Westfield? Bad reputation - looking for any excuse to play a power trip.

I have never met a Carmel officer I didn't like, or at least respect, either at my work, after a wreck, or even those who pulled me over the 2 times I've been stopped in Carmel.

The most recent time I was 2009 in the work vehicle and the officer apologized for pulling me over. He had to as I had the same thing the lady he had already stopped had. (Snow on plate) I got a warning.

The time before that I was pulled over for (plead 5th) in a 30. He asked why I was in a hurry and I said (honestly) that I was late to "movie night" at my parents' house. I got a warning then too.

There does seem to be common themes to the "customers" of the CPD... old car, beat up car, out of town work vans, teens... but I see that everywhere else too.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Get them both drug tested now. If they were smoking pot on the night in question, metabolites are in their system still. If not, then the officer was metaphysically wrong. Oops.

What did they get stopped for? The LEO could smell them driving by?
    The case law is that you can search a stopped vehicle based on the odor of burnt or raw MJ.

Last edited:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I have never met a Carmel officer I didn't like, or at least respect, either at my work, after a wreck, or even those who pulled me over the 2 times I've been stopped in Carmel.

Good to hear. Definitely not what I've been hearing but good to know not all experiences with them are bad.

XDdreams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've had a extreme version of this happen to me when I was 19. I had my Buick park avenue, and was driving home from a girlfriends, who lived in Rochester, IN. I was stopped by 4 sheriff cars, removed from the car at gun point, was layed face down on the ground as my car was torn apart. I was told to shut my f'ing mouth, that I was nothing but a P.O.S meth dealer. After they found nothing in my car and on my person, I was told that my vehicle fit the description of a known meth dealers, and they thought it was me. I was given a ticket for speeding, which I wasn't, and was told to "go fck off".

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Get them both drug tested now. If they were smoking pot on the night in question, metabolites are in their system still. If not, then the officer was metaphysically wrong. Oops.

The case law is that you can search a stopped vehicle based on the odor of burnt or raw MJ.
    Great idea to get them tested.
    I know about the case law, but you would need to be stopped for something first or did the LEO stop them for the smell. He must have a good nose.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    My wife and I play a game while driving on Keystone. Brown or Black. Loser has to do things that are none of your business. :) Our little game hit its peak during the construction of the roundabouts. Now, they usually just hide on on-ramps, completely out of sight. Oh, we are HC residents so we spend a lot time driving in the area.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    What did they get stopped for? The LEO could smell them driving by?
    Well yeah, DUH! Cops have training, and super powers, the training makes them smarter and more capable of making wise decisions than us normal folks, and the super powers, well, you don't wanna know what the super powers do for them. Besides, it's probably illegal to reveal the limits of their super powers.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    We also get a good chuckle when we see Carmel out on 465. You know, because that totally relates to the safety of the town.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Well yeah, DUH! Cops have training, and super powers, the training makes them smarter and more capable of making wise decisions than us normal folks, and the super powers, well, you don't wanna know what the super powers do for them. Besides, it's probably illegal to reveal the limits of their super powers.
    back when we had phone booths cops would go in and come out with thier thin blue cape on. they was able to leap buildings and out run speeding trains.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I can't find a kool pic like rambone does but this one fits in nice.
    179402.jpg

Sadly the entire system needs a reset from the heavens before it gets fix.
    Mayan's 21-12-2012 here we come!

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Man, I wonder how many actual drug deals were going down while that policeman was dicking around with your son and his girlfriend?

Who cares about a consenting adult purchasing something from another consenting adult? I'm wondering how many break-ins and robberies occurred. Doesn't matter anyway, because cops can only smell cannabis crimes from a distance, not real crimes. Watch out for the ****ing smoking police, YOU WILL BE CAUGHT AND YOU WILL GO TO JAIL! Even if you weren't smoking.

Stories like this make me sick, and are why I ultimately cannot stand law enforcers. They're more of an inconvenience to us than the "criminals" are these days.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Who cares about a consenting adult purchasing something from another consenting adult? I'm wondering how many break-ins and robberies occurred. Doesn't matter anyway, because cops can only smell cannabis crimes from a distance, not real crimes. Watch out for the ****ing smoking police, YOU WILL BE CAUGHT AND YOU WILL GO TO JAIL! Even if you weren't smoking.

Stories like this make me sick, and are why I ultimately cannot stand law enforcers. They're more of an inconvenience to us than the "criminals" are these days.
    at least the criminals without badges are honest about thier intentions.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Sad state of affairs in River City

OP here. Thanks to all for great advice and similar stories shared.

Not sure if my wife and I will take any action. I'm sure there is a "protect their own" mentality in any police force.

What really bugs me is that when the kids drove back I went out and opened the car door and really tried to smell "something" or see if there was a musty stale smoky smell. Nothing. Nada. Neither kid smokes cigs either. (I'm an ex-smoker so I would smell that immediately) I know what pot smells like too. So it just irks me that the guy would spend that much effort and time. Like maybe there was a car going the other way that was spewing smoke.

The other parent that actually had a few words with the officer told me she just wanted to "get the heck out of there before the guy changed his mind about letting them go". I asked, "Or what? Arrest them? For what? Curfew violation?" "No", she said. "The officer was just kind of ticked off so I had the kids take off and I followed". So the LEO has a bad day or shift and the public has to walk on eggshells so to speak? What a jerk.

Anyway, I've always been kind of neutral about LEO's. Now 2 teens are surely leaning the other way after that inspiring experience.

End of rant.....I'm out

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Part of the stretch of I-465 between Michigan rd and Keystone is in Carmel.

Exactly. That guy commuting from an entirely different township via interstate effects accidents in Carmel. One of those cars could fly off of 465 and hit the Palladium.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Anyway, I've always been kind of neutral about LEO's. Now 2 teens are surely leaning the other way after that inspiring experience.

End of rant.....I'm out
    This is probably the most significant casualty of the experience.

Top Bottom