• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I used to go there often, left and never went back when they had asshats shooting the poles.....and wouldn't kick them out, nor tell them to knock it off.....pop's = don's quality......stay away from both

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    BGF needs to get their range opened...

Pops today had all 5 (working) lanes in use and 10 drivers licenses up on their waiting queue...

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    Went to Popguns today with my wife, sister and brother in law. We went to shoot on their indoor range and check out some carry options for my wife. It has been a couple years since I've been there. Prices were higher than I remember, it was busier too. Cost me $75 for me and my wife to shoot for an hour, with three boxes of 9mm added in. We showed up at 12 and waited at least 45 minutes to get a lane. One of their lanes was down which I'm sure contributed to the long wait. At least 3 members showed up and jumped in ahead of us. No biggie I guess, just annoying. One of the members was nice enough to let my wife shoot his G26. He was a real nice guy, I think he works there too, I wish I could remember his name. Give that man a raise! I guess it was my fault for not remembering but you cannot shoot anything other than brass ammo either. I picked up a case of Blazer on the CHEAP last week and brought 250 rounds of it with me, none of it usable there of course. All in all it was a so-so experience, the price, the wait, and the ammo restrictions were the major digs I had. If you NEED to shoot indoors or have no other range options Popguns is better than the alternative (read: Don's). As for me, I think I will try and pick up a membership to MCFG.

old man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Hi, RyanV. Glad your wife liked shooting my G26. She can shoot it any time after you come out this next Tuesday evening on membership night and join MCFG. I'm there most days when the weather is good. jim

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I was @ Pop's @ about 10 minutes before they opened this morning and the line was already 5 deep with about another 1/2 dozen people in line after me. I got in the first wave of folks (all 6 lanes were operational today) and when I came out after an hour of shooting, they had a dozen folks stacked up in the waiting line. It was crazy in there today.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I am glad to see that popguns gets the comments it deserves for the most part. Years ago I helped a friend run a gun shop in Speedway and when we would call around to try and help a customer out with finding a gun they were the only ones that were VERY hard to deal with (even Dons' was better). They have a very limited amount of guns to look at and I have never shot on the range, but I was in there the other day (looking to buy a small carry gun) and it is amazing how they treat potential customers. To be honest I would never buy from them, but hadn't been in there for quite awhile and just wanted to see if they were still the same as they always were, they were. I live 5 minutes from there and would rather go to atterbury fwa on a 5 degree day before I would ever go there. I do need to get over to MCFG to try and join.
    This is my first post on INGO and just want to say what a great site this is.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Oh and for you carmelites. My kid played travel hockey for 10+ years and I have been to LOTS of rinks in lots of cities. The only place I remember anyone that was on our team got their vehicle broken into is the Forum at Fishers and the Skadium at Carmel. This even includes Pan Am downtown and several rinks in the Detroit area!

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I bought my first gun from Pop's, a Taurus 357. they treated me great. That was 10 years ago and the last time they treated me well. They won't get me for anything else. MCFG is agreat range. I've been a member for a year. I like Bradis and Beech Grove Firearms. Both have a great selection. BG is going to open a 25 lane indoor range this spring.

asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I went to Pops yesterday(Saturday) to put a few rounds through my new Ruger Super Blackhawk. When I walked in they had a nice crowd so I walked up to the counter and put my ID in line to shoot. The guy helping me informed me that I would have about a hour wait. While he was telling me that I had about a hour wait another guy behind him said " if a member came in then my wait would be longer, members go first" . I jacked around for over a hr waiting and I noticed a couple people that came in after I did walked up to the counter and walked out on the range. After sitting there a little longer a guy walked in and the sales person said " your shooting again!" The guy made the comment " I went and got my cousins to shoot" after that I grabbed my ID and hit the door. I can understand being members with benifits but DAMN! As much as I hated to I almost went to Dons atleast I wouldve been able to put a few round threw my Blackhawk. It would be nice to find a indoor range with atleast 50' shooting lanes and be able to shoot without having to stand around for over a hour .

TRLREDY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It has been hit or miss there for me as well. Had a really good experience buying a rifle there when they first moved to the current location. Been so so ever since then. Other than some range time, I don't think I've given them any business since.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I've got their range membership, so I appreciate being able to skip ahead of the line. I tend to go during the week though, so it usually isn't nearly as busy as the weekends. And usually only at night, since I've got my own berm I can shoot any thing I want at.

I've always picked up my own brass without any problem, and I've never asked. I bought it, it's mine.

Prices are high. Heck, they're higher then Gander Mtn on some things. Service lately is hit or miss. They used to be better.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    I've got their range membership, so I appreciate being able to skip ahead of the line. I tend to go during the week though, so it usually isn't nearly as busy as the weekends. And usually only at night, since I've got my own berm I can shoot any thing I want at.

I've always picked up my own brass without any problem, and I've never asked. I bought it, it's mine.

Prices are high. Heck, they're higher then Gander Mtn on some things. Service lately is hit or miss. They used to be better.

There's an older gentleman that works there. He likes to ignore my presence completely, despite the fact that I am a member.

I never say anything negative, stir up trouble, or anything of that nature. I bite my tongue, and be as polite as possible at all times. But when I stand around in there waiting to be checked in at the range or helped in some other fashion, and I am ignored as if I wasn't even there, I become slightly agitated.

Top Bottom