• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They do have higher prices, like MSRP. So, you just don't buy there. Did try the range, once; and I was coughing up black stuff for a couple of days. Haven't felt a need to go back.

Malard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Prices are horrible, but for an indoor range that is less than 15 minutes from the house its not to bad. I just want Beech Grove firearms to get theres open!

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    we had a lot of problems with all the brands of sub sonic .22 but the CCI.... even had a cheaper one BEND when the gun was cycling and trying to load it.

I like CCI standard velocity in my suppressed 22's. it is 1070 fps and is subsonic out of all of my weapons.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    I was not driving, east side Post road area, they have a web site.

P.S. Watch your back in that part of town and don't leave anything valuable in your car haha.

Yeah, I'm always a bit nervous in their parking lot, whether I'm going in or leaving. Maybe nervous is not the right word, but my senses are on high alert.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Pop's is usually hit or miss, but they do give firefighters a 50% discount on range time. Not to mention you get an hour and that includes ears, eyes, and a target. I have only bought one handgun out of there, but every now and then I see a decent deal on a used gun or two. They let you shoot any rimfire or handgun caliber rifles. The only problem is at 50 feet/16.66 yards sighting in a scope or red dot is kind of pointless, but I guess at least it should get you on paper at 25 yards.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    They gave us two free targets, not a fan of using shooting glasses and ear muffs that everyone and their brother wears regardless if they clean them haha.

Once BG has their range open I will have to check it out since they are in my area.

That area is not drive by hood but it is not exactly Carmel......

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    Post Road and Washington Street is not exactly the "hood," so I'm not quite sure why anyone would be nervous around there.[/quote]

+1

Ns..... the hooooood :laugh:

I wouldn't go leaving anything in your car though, thats a +1

Last edited:

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I've had a membership at Pop's for the last 3 years or so. I have bought a couple of used pistols from them many years ago, but their prices are out of line now. I don't worry about their prices or comments, though, I just go there to shoot. There's really nowhere else close to my house to shoot, besides Pop's. Although I'm sure I'll have a membership at Beech Grove Firearms when their range is open. Finally don't have to drive out in the sticks to shoot my rifle! :)

Post Road and Washington Street is not exactly the "hood," so I'm not quite sure why anyone would be nervous around there.

x2 on just about everything you said.

Top Bottom