• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Well, you have to admit that you're doing a bang-up job of trying to smear Paul's opponents. This one, the Godfather pizza one.

To the bolded: That right there is why it's damn near impossible to have any kind of meaningful conversation with a Paulbot. It's always "us vs. the world" with them. If you don't support Paul you don't support freedom and you necessarily support hegemony by the state and slavery of the people. If you don't support Paul you're automatically as bad as what we currently have. :blahblah: The hysteria with which Paulbots defend their candidate and demonize the others reduces their credibility and makes them/him seem more irrelevant as the days pass. Who wants to support someone whose supporters can't behave without popping an emotional aneurism?

*Hides in the shadows and waits for Rambone*

:D I'm outta rep for today.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Maybe if YOU werent talking about Paul, he wouldnt be in this thread.

Lets see, we have a blatant paulite attacking Cain. Maybe if the OP were not attacking Cain and instead was talking up paul there would be no issue. Like I said paulites are begining to look like barry supporters in that they have resorted to the attack mode.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wow. Your a blatant paul apologist and he is a nut. Paul thinks is OK for Iran to have nukes. Yup, thats smart. Keep spaming like you are and you will get banned. I hope.

Wow, I didn't see anything posted that should get anyone banned. I don't remember reading in the site rules that criticizing your favorite candidate is not allowed.

It's easy to take that kind of criticism personally. We tend to support candidates that we identify with. So when someone speaks out against your favorite, it's like someone slandering your favorite team, or even a family member. But if you take it personally, it's really easy to give it personally too. Then we're discussing all of that rather than the merits of the criticism.

As far as Cain's 999 plan, on some levels I like it because a flat rate prevents silly loopholes as well as social engineering through tax code. But overall it would raise my taxes (I think I pay enough as it is) so I'm not all that fond of it.

As for the importance of who authors a particular solution, that's not relevant by itself. If a given plan passes the required scrutiny and solves the right problems without causing other problems, it doesn't matter. This country's history is filled with examples of big ideas coming from small (resourcefully speaking) people.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I've heard a couple of economists say 999 is revenue nuetral and would work. Who cares who thought it up? Let's run the numbers and make sure it will do what is claimed. Look at what the current and former Keynesian geniuses in the Obama administration have brought us...

I have some issues with 999, but as long as it's vetted I don't care who put it together. It's a stepping stone to the Fair Tax, which is the most researched alternative out there.

One of the things I don't like about the 9 9 9 plan this that it will creep to the 10-10-10 plan and then the 15-15-15 plan and so on without Constitutional amendments.

I know it's a stepping stone, but it's a rather precarious one.

Maybe he could get elected on 999 and then just blow past it straight to the fairtax.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Wow, I didn't see anything posted that should get anyone banned. I don't remember reading in the site rules that criticizing your favorite candidate is not allowed.

It's easy to take that kind of criticism personally. We tend to support candidates that we identify with. So when someone speaks out against your favorite, it's like someone slandering your favorite team, or even a family member. But if you take it personally, it's really easy to give it personally too. Then we're discussing all of that rather than the merits of the criticism.

As far as Cain's 999 plan, on some levels I like it because a flat rate prevents silly loopholes as well as social engineering through tax code. But overall it would raise my taxes (I think I pay enough as it is) so I'm not all that fond of it.

As for the importance of who authors a particular solution, that's not relevant by itself. If a given plan passes the required scrutiny and solves the right problems without causing other problems, it doesn't matter. This country's history is filled with examples of big ideas coming from small (resourcefully speaking) people.

I overstated. He is still spaming by starting multiple threads with the only goal of attacking Cain. Its a free country but to source a openly left wing piece of garbage is pretty pathetic. Its something a barry supporter would do.
    I wont start a thread attacking any other candidate. However I will respond to sillyness like the spew of the OP.
    It shows that they are sinking and not happy about it.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    One of the things I don't like about the 9 9 9 plan this that it will creep to the 10-10-10 plan and then the 15-15-15 plan and so on without Constitutional amendments.

Maybe he could get elected on 999 and then just blow past it straight to the fairtax.

That is a valid point and Im sure that there are plenty on both sides of the aisle who would jack it up as you said from the get go.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

As far as your tax rate goes, you might want to re-think that. With a reduction in corporate taxes from 25% to 9% you should see a drop in the price of goods, an increase in salary, profit gains, or a combination of the above. All of which will improve your bottom line in a manner that offsets any increase in the taxes you'll pay.

Since this will amount to an overall reduction in taxes paid at all levels, the gross result is a lower tax burden to the consumer, who is the only one who actually pays taxes anyway.

The increase in economic productivity will also equate to more employment, which means more productivity, which hopefully means better raises.

The economy moves in a lot of ways, so it's not ever accurate to just calculate the numbers straight up.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana

I'm right there with you. That's also my biggest concern and why I like the fact that the Fair Tax includes a constitutional component to keep that type of thing from happening. I can't see that as a solution for something that's an intermediate step like 999.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I love election season

That right there is why it's damn near impossible to have any kind of meaningful conversation with a Paulbot.
    I can't believe the Paulbots aren't more receptive to the meaningful conversations you are trying to have with them. Did they turn off before or after you called Paul's positions idiotic and accused his supporters of hating America?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I would be more afraid of it becoming 9-9-20. Give the Feds a federal sales tax, and there will be no controlling it.

The Fairtax seems like a great idea, BUT will never happen. The bureaucracy will never allow it. This is sad actually, since on top of the better tax system, we could save a lot of money gutting the IRS. 13 billion dollars a year for a budget.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I can't believe the Paulbots aren't more receptive to the meaningful conversations you are trying to have with them. Did they turn off before or after you called Paul's positions idiotic and accused his supporters of hating America?

:nono: Don't start putting words in my mouth.

Paul's position on foreign policy IS idiotic because it ignores reality. Isn't that why we ridicule the Left, mocking their belief that unicorn farts and rainbows will actually save the day?

And I said your argument mimicked the "blame America" argument. I never said anything about hating America.

The relevant links so you can refresh your memory:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...043-the_re_birth_of_the_ussr.html#post2224292
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...043-the_re_birth_of_the_ussr.html#post2225188

And just for the sake of full disclosure, YOU are the one who claimed others hated America:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...043-the_re_birth_of_the_ussr.html#post2225416

Ram, I've got no problem with your personally. I don't even have a problem with your political persuasion. What I have a problem with is the same insulting intolerance for difference that the Left has, the same passive-aggressive attack.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Haha, she said "Unicorn farts." :laugh:

Seriously though. 88GT Makes a good point and I am apparently out of rep for her. As a Ron Paul supporter taking a hard look at Herman Cain, I find that most of the stuff being thrown at HC from this forum is weak at best. RP supporters are quoting analysts in the Lefties pockets. WTF? I guess there is no reason Obama might want him smeared...

Ron Paul has said some stuff that is a little difficult to swallow and the press makes it way worse. All the RP supporters complain about this. BUT the second HC takes one from the press the same people jump on it. Its a little hypocritical don't you think?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Haha, she said "Unicorn farts." :laugh:

Seriously though. 88GT Makes a good point and I am apparently out of rep for her. As a Ron Paul supporter taking a hard look at Herman Cain, I find that most of the stuff being thrown at HC from this forum is weak at best. RP supporters are quoting analysts in the Lefties pockets. WTF? I guess there is no reason Obama might want him smeared...

Ron Paul has said some stuff that is a little difficult to swallow and the press makes it way worse. All the RP supporters complain about this. BUT the second HC takes one from the press the same people jump on it. Its a little hypocritical don't you think?

I would like it put on record, again, that I don't dislike Paul. I dislike his political immaturity when it comes to foreign relations and his naivete that isolationism is a practical approach in our modern world. I want to be able to support Paul. But until/unless a more realistic, dare I say a more nationalistic, approach to foreign relations is forthcoming, I just can't do it.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I would like it put on record, again, that I don't dislike Paul. I dislike his political immaturity when it comes to foreign relations and his naivete that isolationism is a practical approach in our modern world. I want to be able to support Paul. But until/unless a more realistic, dare I say a more nationalistic, approach to foreign relations is forthcoming, I just can't do it.

Paul plan for national defense
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhmF7sNlraU

What's not to love?

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Its funny how paul is now marginalized. He has as much chance of winning as I do of winning the powerball. Less actually because I actually could win. He wont. Never will. Once he came out with his Iran is OK as a nuke power he completly blew it. AND the fact he actually believes it. Irresponsible head in the sand.

Paul came out with that statement along time ago, but he is still in the race and is still gaining ground.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    I've heard a couple of economists say 999 is revenue nuetral and would work. Who cares who thought it up? Let's run the numbers and make sure it will do what is claimed. Look at what the current and former Keynesian geniuses in the Obama administration have brought us...

I have some issues with 999, but as long as it's vetted I don't care who put it together. It's a stepping stone to the Fair Tax, which is the most researched alternative out there.

Here is what I get from the 999 plan.
    personal income tax 9% yep I will pay it
    National sales tax 9% Yep I will pay it
    corparate tax 9% yep the corparations will not pay it and it will be filtered down to the consumer.

So cains 999 plane means 9+9+9=27% tax on people like you and me.

He should be honest and just call it the 27% Tax plan.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    corparate tax 9% yep the corparations will not pay it and it will be filtered down to the consumer.

We already pay the corporate tax as well. Probably more than 9%.:dunno:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

27% total would be a tax cut for me. Probably for a lot of us. Remember, this is for FICA, too.

And that 9% sales tax is only on things you purchase. Do you spend every bit of your income each year? No savings? No charitable gifts? Never purchase things in situations that are exempt from sales tax (buying from individuals, etc.)?

Top Bottom