• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    After plowing through 200+ 9mm rounds last week at the range, I have tried and tried to get my wife to buy her a gun SHE likes shooting.:D

She shot the XD9, P95, and a C9 and liked the XD best. She shot about 20 rounds and said she had enough but .......she wanted more.....and more she did.:yesway:

See I want my wife to go shooting with me and the whole family.:ingo:

Anyhow, I told her she needed to pick one, she was indecisive. I was going to buy her a 9mm SR9 Ruger. She held it in 2 different stores.:n00b:

Then, at Tomlinsons, she found the ONE. She wanted it without question.

A Browning Buck Mark 0.22Cal.

Now, she can get better at shooting, it costs less $$, and to be honest, I am jealous. Its a damn nice gun and the grip beats ANYTHING I have.:cheers:

So again, the wife won and sure as s**t, she knew what SHE wanted and got it...:dunno:

Off to the range.......
    :ar15:

(I got 1000 rounds for her to shoot):rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    +1 for the Buckmark.

Now be nice and ask permission if you want to shoot it.

JMHO, but everybody needs a .22 or three.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Your wife has superb taste. The Buckmark is a fantastic gun. You are going to be more jealous when you see how well her gun shoots :)

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Your wife has superb taste. The Buckmark is a fantastic gun. You are going to be more jealous when you see how well her gun shoots :)

You aren't kidding, that thing is accurate as hell. I was hitting at 50 yards with a rest....25 standing. 3" groups at 15 yds. (iron sights):rockwoot:

She shot SO much better with this gun she even wanted to shoot the XD9 some more with +p+ rounds. I am so proud of her.:popcorn:

She picked one helluva gun to be sure..:yesway:

Only issue was cleaning, that damn barrel screw will not come out. I will have to research that one.:n00b:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    You shouldn't need to remove the barrel for routine cleaning.

Some people remove the rear sight and slide. Don't lose the lockwashers!! If you do want to remove the barrel, make sure you have a tight fitting hollow-ground screwdriver. There may or may not be lock-tite on the screw.

Clean the bore using a pistol cleaning rod with a tip and a patch
    made for 22 caliber pistols. Ordinarily a lightweight high-quality
    gun oil will suffice for cleaning the bore. Carefully insert the rod
    and patch into the muzzle and run it back and forth several times.
    Do not allow the cleaning rod to strike the crown of the muzzle,

as damage to this area can affect the accuracy of your pistol.

This is because the waxed lead bullets don't need much cleaning; an oiled patch is usually all that's necessary. There are some people with a certain .22 religion that never touch the bore. I only clean when I start to have cycling or feeding issues. The breech face seems to get the dirtiest.

Brush the breech face with solvent. Run an oiled patch through the bore a few times. Follow the oiled patch with a few dry patches, then once through with a lightly olied patch. A very light coat of oil on the interface of the moving parts and be done.

Last edited:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Congrats! Glad she liked it!

I was at the range that day and was lucky enough to check the Browning out for a minute. Nice gun. (edsinger had to distract her with the XD :D)

Hope she enjoys it! Nice family that shoots together.
    Nugent would be proud!

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Well with the cleaning of the barrel there was the "screw" issue. I tried with my allen wrench (screwdriver was original model) but that *&^ was tight. I took it back to the store today and explained to them that I want to clean it but the wife seeing the "ass" I was putting into breaking it loose got a bit pissed.:n00b:

He took it back to his set of tools and bench (allens), and proceded to try it. I watched him and he was a bit uncomfortable also. I walked away and I guess he gave her a big heave and she broke loose. He said he thought he stripped his wrench. Whomever the guy was that tightened it, I would not want to play grip with him!:rockwoot:

Anyhow, wife is happy, gun is clean (ish), and we are ready for another day.:D

BTW, the range had 0.22 Federal for $18 per 500, (I got a case!)....so the wife has MORE ammo than me..:cheers:

See fellas, it is possible to sneak one in once in a while, I just had to be patient to let her find what SHE wanted.....(She made a damn good choice btw!).:cool:

As for the 'full' cleaning, that will come next time...:yesway:

+1 for Tomlinsons in Busco, they put up with me at least 5 trips trying to find one she wanted. :yesway::yesway::yesway:

PS, I made SURE she kept the lockwashers handy...:laugh:

Yup, Ted would be proud.....but actually I am even more proud.

Funny thing is my daughter is out of town with friends for the week and when I told her about mom's purchase, she was asking when we are going back to the range!:):

She is next, a nice 0.22 rifle for her...not sure yet what....

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    You want the barrel nut to be tight or it will keep coming loose while shooting :(

Top Bottom