• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    i started reblueing my ol mans single 6 for a christmas present and i hvae had no luck. i have had some nice people give me ideas but none have panned out. so i guess i get to call a smith a drop some cash :(. any clue on what this might run me? the reciever still has the trigger and hammer(and barrel) but thats it everything else was stripped.

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    yea cold blueing can suck my a##. and 300 is not what i want to hear! if thaTS the case i guess it going to be one fubared looking gun cuz i aint got that kinda cash.

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    what burns my ass is that my brother has blued his marlin and it looked great ! nice dark almost black. me nope freaking blue like a pond thats been treated w/aqua-shade. in fact i think aqua-shade would do a better job!

Jarhead1775

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Rushville
    There is a certified CeraKote applicator (Bell Precision Rifles) in Greensburg. Sniper Grey looks very similar to bluing. I had it applied to my Marlin 60 and it looks great.

If you like, I can get you in touch with him. Turnaround time is relatively short right now.

P.S.... it is cheaper than the $300 mentioned above.

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    i really really appreciate the help guys but im 3 hours or more from indy i would like something close by. drop it off after work kinda thing.the ol lady is already pissed that this is costing way more than expected not that im worried about her i just dont want to hear about it.

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    :): hey guess what i just found a list w/ a couple local smiths. i guess i should look around more. oh hey i found the classifieds too ive never scrolled down that far:laugh:

Top Bottom