• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It has been 11 months since I went on the Optavia diet (1400 calories/day).
    I was thrilled to break 200 for the first time since my 20s (now nearly 69).

Truth is such a reality check.
    Lows and highs are in a steady undeniable "creep ."

I started out with my goal to stay under:
    – 200 (2 months)
    then,
    – 205 (3 months),
    now
    – 210 (6 months)

The pic is a snapshot in an app I have used for years: "My Fitness Pal."
    I knew that this was going to be a lifelong diet.
    I've only had 1 apple at Jack's on E. Southport.
    I tried 2 other times, but they were out & closed those times, haha!

This pic was taken yesterday of the past year.
    Weight Chart 1 year from Nov 13, 2021.PNG

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    It has been 11 months since I went on the Optavia diet (1400 calories/day).
    I was thrilled to break 200 for the first time since my 20s (now nearly 69).

Truth is such a reality check.
    Lows and highs are in a steady undeniable "creep ."

I started out with my goal to stay under:
    – 200 (2 months)
    then,
    – 205 (3 months),
    now
    – 210 (6 months)

The pic is a snapshot in an app I have used for years: "My Fitness Pal."
    I knew that this was going to be a lifelong diet.
    I've only had 1 apple at Jack's on E. Southport.
    I tried 2 other times, but they were out & closed those times, haha!

This pic was taken yesterday of the past year.
    View attachment 167733
    I agree. This will probably be a lifetime diet from this point forward. Do feel better and looking forward to breaking 200.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I am going to have to step it up a notch. I've been hovering on breaking into the 170s. I need to just hammer what has been working for me. I have been slack on recording my intake in the food diary. OK, there is breakfast logged!

jkholmes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Mooreland
    I want to congratulate the OP for his goals. Way to many omit physical fitness (my wife and I used to be included in that). We created a very complicated diet for ourselves when we started trying to lose weight, we called it "put down the fork" lol

I went from ALMOST 300 pounds to about 240 now (at 6'4") and feel much better so far. Not done yet but still on the way. I doubt I'll ever get to where I was in high school (I was 150 @ 6'3") but I feel if I can get to 200, i'll be happy.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm back on the straight and narrow. I didn't go completely off the rails in the last couple of months, but I wasn't as disciplined as I should be. The last 3 weeks I have been doing single digits of grams of carbohydrates per day, almost all from vegetables and sometimes nuts. Feeling great- don't know my exact weight, but will probably weigh myself this Friday. I'm guessing around 210, maybe a little more (6'3") which is not where I want to be, but is within spitting distance.

I have started adding some running to my daily brisk walk. I'll keep increasing the proportion as time goes on. To anyone out there starting the weight loss journey, exercise is great for general health, but losing weight is something like 99% diet, not exercise. It's nearly impossible to exercise yourself to significant weight loss without eating control. However, as the weight loss/control is going well, I'm also toying with setting a goal to be able to be able to do pull ups again....I haven't done them since my 20s. I haven't committed to that, but I'm kicking it around. Step 1 to that is always "lose weight", so I'm doing that part at least.

Last edited:

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Exercise? Who told you you could start cussing in this thread? I always lost some weight before starting the exercise. I need to make myself get down on the floor and work on my core strength. I just dumped out the secret candy stash. I do not want to sabotage myself. I used to do 65 sit-ups a day at work. Retirement has made me soft. I imagine my return to sit-ups approach will be to try 10 right now.....yalp, there was the first 10. I'll try 15 tomorrow. My dog cheered me on the whole time. 65 a day was enough to keep me in a six pack.

Scale said 184 this morning......grrr

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Exercise? Who told you you could start cussing in this thread? I always lost some weight before starting the exercise. I need to make myself get down on the floor and work on my core strength. I just dumped out the secret candy stash. I do not want to sabotage myself. I used to do 65 sit-ups a day at work. Retirement has made me soft. I imagine my return to sit-ups approach will be to try 10 right now.....yalp, there was the first 10. I'll try 15 tomorrow. My dog cheered me on the whole time. 65 a day was enough to keep me in a six pack.

Scale said 184 this morning......grrr

If I don't regularly get in my 10,000 steps daily, I gain weight vs steadily trimming by ever so slightly. My dirty keto diet doesn't change much other than seasonal garden bounties. When the garden bounties are high though, the step count really isn't a problem to keep up.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    22 situps today. Down to 176.2 after the turkey. I have one Christmas decoration to add to the yard. I will try to get a lap in on the bicycle after that. Logging my intake has put me back on track. This thread helps me to check myself. Like stopping smoking tobacco, it is about self control. There was a time when I had balooned to over 135 after I quit smoking back in 84. I kept feeling better every year for 10 years. One day while talking to myself and ask to repeat what I said, cause I wasn't listening, I told myself that, "If I could quit smoking, I could quit eating." Every time I had a hunger twinge I took a swig of grapefruit juice. (I have never liked grapefruit juice) It was like electric shock therapy. My loss now has to do with a keto type diet and coffee. (I like coffee) I quit playing mind games with myself.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Down to 191 today which is 27lbs in the last 6 months. Hopefully I can get about 30 more off by summer. I have a feeling the next 30 will be a little harder to get off but if I can it should get me pretty close to an ideal weight. I have a feeling that I'll likely need to adjust my diet, I know I consume way too many carbs and not enough veggies.

I've never stuck to any kind of exercise my entire life so I'm feeling pumped that I've lasted 6 months so far. Just purchased an adjustable weight bench so I can add more variation to the workouts. Also might buy the Athlean X dumbbell program to change things up a bit.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    173 this morning. I did 25 sit-ups. Trying to get back to 65 a day. I have taken enough weight off there is no excuse to not exercise. My A1c is down to 5.4 from 11.1 one year ago. Doctor wrote A+ and circled it on my blood work papers.

Top Bottom