• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Didn't have much when we got married so it was just two gold bands, I bought her engagement ring at Service Merchandise which tells you how long ago that was.

Lost my ring and finger at work, the hospital was able to save the finger but not the ring. I told her I would get another one if she wanted but she said she would prefer that I had all my fingers. Good woman, one of the many reasons we are still together after 31 years.:)

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    got ours from shane co. her engagement, and wedding bands and my wedding band. totaled under $1000. i went the titanium route, a hell of a lot lighter than anything else.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    You should give your wonderful young bride a Mosin. NOTHING screams I Love You Like a 91/30 with bacon wrapped around the trigger. Trust me.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Then it's even more absurd. Frankly, if Spasmo had insisted that our marriage or her happiness hinged on some shiny trinket, it would have proven how shallow she was. Fortunately for me, she's not shallow. :)

When you're first starting out in a marriage, you're usually (although not always) in your early 20's, just starting out. Why would you want to enter into that marriage with both of you flat broke or in hock up to your eyeballs?

:nuts: Wow I'm a bit out of the loop...didn't know you and Spasmo were married. Anyway, I would share my ring-shopping experience, but my fiancee is staring right over my shoulder ;) Anyway, I'm a firm believer in it being "the thought that counts". :twocents:

Also, "Mawwiage! Mawwiage is what bwings us...twogwether...twoday!"

DarcEagle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    i would say what does she want if she is the kind of girl that wants a 2000 dollar ring and you love here then get her one it is only money, bottom line is she will be looking at this for the rest of her life so i say if you know her well enough to give her a ring u should know what she wants and it will be in your best interest to give here what she wants

r.o.b.o.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    i would say what does she want if she is the kind of girl that wants a 2000 dollar ring and you love here then get her one it is only money, bottom line is she will be looking at this for the rest of her life so i say if you know her well enough to give her a ring u should know what she wants and it will be in your best interest to give here what she wants

+1

Hopefully this is a once in a lifetime thing for both of you. That debt isn't going anywhere, you can pay it off later. Who cares if you get another 100 bucks added on in interest. Make your lady happy by getting her what she wants whether its a $500 or a $5,000 ring and get the marriage started off right. Trust me you will eat better and your household will be a much friendlier place.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    When I told Mom I was going to propose to Cathy, she dug out the rings my father had given her. The diamond is small, but the ring is pretty, unique, and more importantly has tons of meaning to both of us.

My band cost $50, almost 12 years later it still performs it's function as chick repellent just fine :D

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Well, I bought my wife a nice ring.

With a big diamond.

I am shallow.

She is almost as shallow.

I guess we bought into all that marketing hype and stuff.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I bought my wife a crappy one 16 years ago.
    Then I bought her a real nice one last year.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I know, I know. I'm just following the line of reasoning from earlier in this thread.
    If she thinks you can afford a nice one, and you get her a crappy one, she won't be mad......but she will hold that over your head forever. and ever.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    People dig up super-compressed carbon for their owners and masters, to have them ripped from their hands - CARBON - and then sent on a ship, transported in for mostly-Jewish/white store-owners who then take other pieces of carbon to cut the carbon pieces they've just imported into more symmetrical shapes so that people will come in and buy some of their carbon to show other people how devoted they are to their spouse - who are all mostly made of carbon.

Blows my mind.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I don't know your wife so I don't know what kind of person she is. Unfortunately, the De Beers dream has caught even the most modest of women's attention in dreaming about 'the ring of her dreams' since about age 3.

If you can have a discussion with her about buying a ring that is modest, do it. It all depends on what your priorities are. Your manhood, your ability to provide and your worthiness in the eyes of some will be judged by the kind of ring you get her. Fortunately, that should only matter between you and her.

My wife and I had the ring discussion before we were engaged but we both were taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace courses, so we felt a bit more 'enlightened' than our peers. Why? Because we didn't want to be poor all of our lives... starting our marriage out with about 20k of college debt was already more than enough for the both of us.

IN college, we had friends who had rings from Wal-Mart... didn't matter to them. We had one friend who had a ring from Tiffany's that cost more than any car I've ever owned... she liked it but it was still just a thing to her. We also had friends who were very particular about their rings.

Me? I bought my wedding ring (for myself) off of eBay. I think I spent around 40 bucks with shipping. Tungsten carbide with celtic knotted etching. Size 14 1/2. In the store? 150 bucks plus tax, plus upcharge for an uncommon size, plus warranty, plus... etc.

But, the great part of this... it's America (at least for a while) and you can buy your beautiful wife whatever you (and she) want(s).

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    When I told Mom I was going to propose to Cathy, she dug out the rings my father had given her. The diamond is small, but the ring is pretty, unique, and more importantly has tons of meaning to both of us.

My band cost $50, almost 12 years later it still performs it's function as chick repellent just fine :D

My wife's engagement ring is either my grandmothers or great grandmothers. I inherited from my dad when he passed. We thought it was my grandmothers but when I took it to a jeweler to get it repaired and resized I was told that the cut is called an "old mine cut" which they stopped using in the late 1800s so it could of been my great grandmas.

I told her if we ever divorce the ring stays. :):

Top Bottom