• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I can care less, unless the guy is acting like a jerk. I really love the guys who lie about being in the service and then tell me something like he went to Airborne School at Ft. Campbell, KY. The one's that top that are those who profess being a part of, "Black Ops" and then say, "I'd rather not talk about it." Yeah, it is disturbing, but other than that, it's free speech.

What disturbs me more than a person who never served, posing as someone who did, are those who did serve, but are ashamed of their MOS or station. I've met so many people who were Rangers and SF, only to find out they were 71L's in a Ranger Bat. I have no problem with that! Just be proud of what you did, no matter how many people you didn't kill. I know plenty of mechanics, cooks, etc., that were in firefights, so posing as Airborne Infantry when you were a leg at Ft. Jackson doesn't fly with me.

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    I agree with most of you, as long as people don't say they are what they aren't i don't care what they wear or dress up as. Imitation is the highest form of flattery!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It kinda reminds me of a wally world story ...lol

I wear camo alot most of the cargo style pants I like come in camo .

I was walking through wally world one day a Kid (maybe 21or22) stops me while he is walking with his girlfriend ( or wife ?) he ask
    " are you going hunting today?" to witch i reply "No"

He smiles at his girl and then ask "why in the world would anyone were Camo unless they were going hunting or in the military ?"

the whole time Im smiling because he is wearing an Indianapolis Colts Manning jersey .

So I wink at his girl and ask him . "Why would anyone waer Mannings Jersey Unless they were in fact Manning or were getting Boned by him ?"

His girl Broke into a Very LOUD Belly laugh as I winked at her agian and walked off .

You were really rolling the dice that day! :laugh:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    As a vet I don't mind people wearing the gray PT shirts in support of their friends or fmaily in whatever branch. I'm not a big fan of kids wearing the BDU like camo because they think it's cool and every time I see some bling bling looking dog tags I immediately think the person is a poser and trying to look like something they'll never be.

Having said that, everyone has different tastes and who am I tell anyone how to dress. I have several T-shirts from over there that I never wear because I don't want to be asked about it. I'll occationally wear my old Army gray PT shirts around the house or as an undershirt because there is no shirt more comfortable than one of those well broken in shirts. My 2 year old daughter has a couple similar gray Army shirts and it's fun for me to dress her in those for around the house.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I don't have a problem with civilians wearing military stuff untill they start wearing medals, ribbons, skill badges, or tabs they didn't earn. If you want to walk around town in a full set of BDU's that's fine by me as long as you're not wearing a CIB, master blaster wings and a Ranger tab.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i almost forgot, if you think something like this is a good idea...

1zc3kb5.jpg

you should probably just kill yourself instead.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Ok as long as it is not,"stolen valor".

I cannot speak for the Other Vets here and about. However, I do not mind someone wearing the Uniform and accouterments that go with being in. I do have a Problem with People who claim to be what they are not though. I feel this is what most of the Vets will probably tell you also...

:+1: What he said.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    i almost forgot, if you think something like this is a good idea...

1zc3kb5.jpg

you should probably just kill yourself instead.

Huh...

I was just thinking a better Idea would be to lock him in a room with a Gunny.

Apparently he wants to be a Marine, so give him all the Understanding that a Marine learns over their Career. Distilled down for time of course... ;)

Gregpaul49

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    Indianapolis
    They say "Once a marine, always a marine." I think former marines can wear anything they want. As for the fake dog tags, they are ok for Halloween parties but otherwise I think they should not be worn as part of a disguise.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    unifarm.jpg

I think it's weird seeing people wearing BDUs/ACU/ABU/etc around if they just wear a piece and not the whole thing. Doesn't bug me, I just always think "that's not how you're supposed to wear it"

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I think it's weird seeing people wearing BDUs/ACU/ABU/etc around if they just wear a piece and not the whole thing. Doesn't bug me, I just always think "that's not how you're supposed to wear it"

I usually have to fight the urge to tell them how it should be worn also. I don't mind wrinkles and prefer uniforms to be muddy over nicely pressed, but to see people wear the garb all jacked up just makes me want to fix it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Huh...

I was just thinking a better Idea would be to lock him in a room with a Gunny.

Apparently he wants to be a Marine, so give him all the Understanding that a Marine learns over their Career. Distilled down for time of course... ;)

I cannot speak for the Other Vets here and about. However, I do not mind someone wearing the Uniform and accouterments that go with being in. I do have a Problem with People who claim to be what they are not though. I feel this is what most of the Vets will probably tell you also...

This, however, is an exception to the rule of me not caring.

What was he thinking?! :xmad:

What's the difference between this and an actor wearing the uniform for a film? Also, I believe when this was big news, he said it was his demonstration of respect for the soldiers.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    What's the difference between this and an actor wearing the uniform for a film? Also, I believe when this was big news, he said it was his demonstration of respect for the soldiers.

Understandable question, and I would pose this answer:

The man has songs with lyrics referring to himself as a "soldier", and equates his thug life mentality and previous lifestyle with being a warrior in combat.

I just think it is in bad taste. To each their own, and its not like my opinion should make or break if he should be "allowed" to wear it or not - being that we live in America. But, in my opinion, 50 cent is not a "soldier". Just my :twocents:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I don't object to people wearing them at all. Pride and support is what it tells me. most of my t's/hats are of course Air Force but I also like to show my support for the other branches as well. I have many Coast Guard and Navy shirts/hats that I am proud to wear. I think I may even have a Marine shirt somewhere. ;)

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    for me its a sensitive subject, i have the utmost respect for military personnel and if the item was gifted then i see no problem wearing it but if some one asks you tell them it was a gift from someone who was/is in the military. but if you go to sarges or other surplus shops and buy stuff and wear it just to look "cool" and try to pull off the "im in the military" look then i would say no it is not ok. also if you wear anything that represents the military then you should also conduct yourself in a professional manner because im sure there are people out there that have no affiliation with any branch of the military and put on an arrogant attitude and is one of the few to give the military a bad name. Now something that is OFF LIMITS at all times unless you are in or have served are covers and tags, if you havent served then you dont wear them, if they have been gifted then they should be put on display.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I have and wear camo pants and shorts but not all the time and certainly not in a way that could be construed as me being military. for me it has always been fairly easy to spot those who were/are in and those just wishing, it's the way real military folks carry themselves and usually the haircut. not many folks other than military these days take there hat off when entering buildings so that's another tip off for me. military posers are like fake thugs, both would crap themselves if they got put into the world they act like.:twocents:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Not trying to get too far off topic, but i was thinking about this and I think the same thoughts apply to the service bumper stickers. I hardly ever wear anything army (besides the haircut) but I have always kept an Army bumper sticker on my vehicle's back window. As proud as I am to have served, I don't put the sticker up to brag. I do it to show some support for the home team at a time when we're in two less than popular wars.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The thing that bothers me is that the term "veteran" is used too loosely. I spent 3.5 years active and 4 years guard in the infantry. I spent 6 months in Bosnia and I don't consider myself as a veteran. I had another guy ask me why I don't get veteran plates. Because to many who have never served, they think the term veteran means that person has served in combat. I will never do anything to give the impression that I've served in combat. I don't even like to stand at church or other public places when they ask vets to stand to be recognized.

As far as those who have never served wearing military stuff, I have bigger things to worry about. Like what I'm going to eat in a few hours.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    I have and wear camo pants and shorts but not all the time and certainly not in a way that could be construed as me being military. for me it has always been fairly easy to spot those who were/are in and those just wishing, it's the way real military folks carry themselves and usually the haircut. not many folks other than military these days take there hat off when entering buildings so that's another tip off for me. military posers are like fake thugs, both would crap themselves if they got put into the world they act like.:twocents:

agreed 100%

Not trying to get too far off topic, but i was thinking about this and I think the same thoughts apply to the service bumper stickers. I hardly ever wear anything army (besides the haircut) but I have always kept an Army bumper sticker on my vehicle's back window. As proud as I am to have served, I don't put the sticker up to brag. I do it to show some support for the home team at a time when we're in two less than popular wars.

nothing wrong with that

Top Bottom