• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Does it matter? Does what your gf or wife or whatever put in her purse have anything to do with what her purse looks like? I'll bet anyone here has enough stuff they carry around with them or want to carry with them to fill up a tact vest.

Just wear a nice pair of cargo or "tactical" pants. You will be able to store just as much, and no one will look at you funny.

You have 450ish post, if you haven't figured it out by now, please be prepared to answer questions when you make vague posts. Try not to get defensive, it won't get your very far.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Does it matter?

I'm asking out of practicality. If you were going to wear a vest like that out in public, what would you put in the pockets, and why?

If I asked my wife why she carries a purse she would say "to carry my wallet, my lip gloss, my day planner, my mysterious girl stuff" etc. I'm curious why you would wear a tac vest.

Rampdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Cloverdale
    I've never viewed tactical vests as a fashion statement but as a mission specific piece of kit. If I saw someone walking around wearing one for no apparent reason, the first thought that would flash through my mind is, "mall ninja." Would I laugh at such a person? Maybe.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just wear a nice pair of cargo or "tactical" pants. You will be able to store just as much, and no one will look at you funny.

You have 450ish post, if you haven't figured it out by now, please be prepared to answer questions when you make vague posts. Try not to get defensive, it won't get your very far.

Not getting defencive, but I think you are misunderstanding the idea of fashion.

I'm asking out of practicality. If you were going to wear a vest like that out in public, what would you put in the pockets, and why?

If I asked my wife why she carries a purse she would say "to carry my wallet, my lip gloss, my day planner, my mysterious girl stuff" etc. I'm curious why you would wear a tac vest.

I not saying there is anything practical about it. You grossed over the two most important reason for doing it, bescause I can, and because of freedom of expression. There's nothing practical about it. If anything, it's impractical. So what.:D

As an example, I worked with a guy in the navy who would wear gas mask's as casual wear. Why, freedom of expression. He wanted to, simple as that.

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Dude, I live in Fort Wayne. If i see you wearing a tac vest in public I will kick you in the nuts...... Haha jk. I think its cool to pose in front of the mirror. HAHA

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Even if they were OC'ing and had a INGO patch?
    I would say that you looked just like someone I knew and ask if I could get a picture with you. Then I would edited the picture to say "Look at this mall ninja!" and post it right here on INGO. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

no offense just don't see the tac vest look taking off anytime soon..... maybe you can get emo kids to give it a whirl, they are in to weird stuff.:ingo:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I not saying there is anything practical about it. You grossed over the two most important reason for doing it, bescause I can, and because of freedom of expression. There's nothing practical about it. If anything, it's impractical. So what.:D

If those are your reasons for doing it, then why do you care what we think? You came to INGO for fashion advice? :n00b: :D

As an example, I worked with a guy in the navy who would wear gas mask's as casual wear. Why, freedom of expression. He wanted to, simple as that.

Oooookkkkkk.........

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Does it matter? Does what your gf or wife or whatever put in her purse have anything to do with what her purse looks like? I'll bet anyone here has enough stuff they carry around with them or want to carry with them to fill up a tact vest.

I honestly don't know if I'd ever need that many pockets for day to day activities. The only things that go in my pockets are: keys, can of cope (wintergreen), front pocket money clip wallet, and cell phone. When I wear a tac vest I do it just to be sexy in my banana hammock (plus in a speedo, you don't have enough room for keys, wallet, phone, and chew). The ladies really love my back hair sticking out along with a glimpse of crack every time I bend over.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Honestly, you'll look like one of those dorks that rolls into the range in their zombie van and can't shoot without wearing plate carriers and a drop leg holster.

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010

Mackintosh_and_gas_mask.jpg

20100520104438bils.jpg

Actually, there are subcultures devoted to gas mask fetishism.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy

Well, I don't carry a purse anymore...but how it looks does have to do with what's in it. The billfold HAS to match the purse :rolleyes: or at least "go" with it...

I wear cargo's and can fit EVERYTHING I need in my pockets. If a girl can say that, a guy should be able to do that too :stickpoke:

let him make his vague posts. It makes the thread's longer :D

If those are your reasons for doing it, then why do you care what we think? You came to INGO for fashion advice? :n00b: :D

But of course. You guys are obviously well dressed. Camo, cargo's and Tshirts...HOT :rockwoot:

Rampdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Cloverdale

There's nothing in the Constitution that says you can't make a fool of yourself.

This reminds me of what my mama would say when I mentioned that a friend was allowed to do something, "If he jumped off a cliff would you?" Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. But it's a free country. If you really want to wear the thing don't be mad at those of us who laugh ourselves silly at your expense.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Oooookkkkkk.........

Not looking for fashion advise, or even think of doing it. Just saw it somewhere, a link on one of the threads here, and was wondering what people thought. If I did do it, I wouldn't care what people thought.

There's nothing in the Constitution that says you can't make a fool of yourself.

This reminds me of what my mama would say when I mentioned that a friend was allowed to do something, "If he jumped off a cliff would you?" Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. But it's a free country. If you really want to wear the thing don't be mad at those of us who laugh ourselves silly at your expense.

You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same.:D

Last edited:

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Considering what I see people wear in public, a tac vest would not faze me.
    Case in point, i was at the Newport Aquarium w/my wife as she tried out for Xfactor.
    I saw a dude(?) walking around in full outback gear(hat,duster,chaps,spurs,etc.).
    While in Cincy for the Chili fest, I saw a kid in full "battle rattle"(vest ,kevlar,camo,combat boots) walking around.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    It's okay, you can go ahead a wear one if you want. On another note, I think I'd like to change my answer from "No" To "I would point and laugh."

Top Bottom