• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Today, my fiancé and I had to go up by Indy, so I figured while we were there, we should check out this bradis joint that everyone seems to like. Looked around a little, didn't see much but that's kinda normal these days. We were looking for something in particular, so we waited to talk to someone. Watched one guy get delayed on a 4473, then when he left, the guy helping him just walked off with us standing there. Went over and waited to talk to someone else and when the guy in front of us left we were right at the counter with a front row seat for what happened next.

A young guy came to the guy who we were about to talk to, to ask him about this camo pump shotgun of sone sort. He took it from the kid, with the bolt closed, didn't check or clear it, and begun swinging the barrel directly at our faces.

You guys around Indy like that sort of thing? You can keep it!! And after that, he just walked off.

I can tell you one place that I will never go back to.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    well I can understand being upset about your situation..
    but you have a mouth don't you?
    do you know how to speak?
    you probably should have said something to them if you feel it was that serious of a situation..
    I have been in both of the stores and always had pretty good service.. I can't speak for all thought
    there are many places I do not like to spend my money.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    well I can understand being upset about your situation..
    but you have a mouth don't you?
    do you know how to speak?
    you probably should have said something to them if you feel it was that serious of a situation..
    I have been in both of the stores and always had pretty good service.. I can't speak for all thought
    there are many places I do not like to spend my money.

Guy brings in a gun no one checks it, it's pointed at customers............

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    A young guy came to the guy who we were about to talk to, to ask him about this camo pump shotgun of sone sort. He took it from the kid, with the bolt closed, didn't check or clear it, and begun swinging the barrel directly at our faces.

At that point in time I'd have smacked away the barrel and made one hell of a STINK. PERIOD.

I always give places a second chance, I've learned that sometimes its just a bad day when it comes to attitude and service. The other things don't get a second chance, like pointing a weapon at me. The manager would have been out there and I would have made it a point to tell them about that.

Nothing will change if you don't speak up. I've never been to Bradis, but I'm sure the manager/owner would like to know what took place.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Today, my fiancé and I had to go up by Indy, so I figured while we were there, we should check out this bradis joint that everyone seems to like. Looked around a little, didn't see much but that's kinda normal these days. We were looking for something in particular, so we waited to talk to someone. Watched one guy get delayed on a 4473, then when he left, the guy helping him just walked off with us standing there. Went over and waited to talk to someone else and when the guy in front of us left we were right at the counter with a front row seat for what happened next.

You guys around Indy like that sort of thing? You can keep it!! And after that, he just walked off.

I can tell you one place that I will never go back to.

Speaks volumes more about the OP than the situation.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    To the OP, I am not trying to trivialize this. It is no small thing to have an unsafe weapon pointed at you, no one wants even a known safe weapon pointed at them. Guns should be treated as loaded at all times. This situation is certainly one I would have brought attention to. You may not think its your responsibility but in fact we are all responsible for gun safety. So why exactly did you not say something while you were in the shop?

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I am actually getting sick of having guns pointed at me in shops. People just don't get it. Brand new, used, cleared, loaded, ITS ALL THE SAME, DON'T POINT THE MUZZLES AT ANYONE FOR ANY REASON. Almost every shop employee does this. STOP IT.

TO BE CLEAR, my rant is not at Bradis, but all gun shops. I had a great experience there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was in there today and ready to buy a pistol and a scope. I walked in at 12:01 (looked at the clock in my truck as I was on my lunch break and way off course to the next call) and went to the counter. I saw the gun I wanted and waited. Same story as the OP. Only one elderly fella waiting on the entire gun section so I went to look at the optics. I stood there at the counter for the longest time with no response. There were 3 people at the registers taking money and such, shooter was right next to me and we had a brief comment session and he walked away. OK, I guess I will take my money elsewhere.
    Got back in the truck at exactly 12:48 and no one asked what I wanted.....I am getting on line tonight and sending some money "Out there" as no one seems to want it locally.
    Mt last 2 visits to Bradis 1 have been like this. I get a smile and a thank you at 2 but after today I may be done with 1. I wasted a long drive out of my way and a lot of time to be ignored. Just not cool.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    If within range, I'd do my best to keep the barrel from pointing at me (i.e. if I saw it about to happen or happening I'd reach up to grab and/or deflect it).

If not, I'd verbally ask them in a stern voice to please not point the firearm in my direction and/or at me.

Either way - everybody in the shop would be well aware of what had just transpired.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Wow. Just... Wow. I've never been to Bradis, but I intend to get up there some time. The OP's story doesn't change that.

That said, I'm pretty that if this were some unknown gun shop in another state, people would be fuming over the treatment the OP got, rather than blaming him for the whole situation. But no, Bradis enjoys a favorable rep here (and deservedly so, I'm sure) so SHAME ON THE OP FOR EXPECTING TO GET WAITED ON, AND NOT GET A BARREL IN THE FACE WHILE WAITING! AND SHAME ON HIM FOR NOT MAKING A HUGE FREAKING STINK OVER THE WHOLE THING!!!

I have to hand it to you people, when you are loyal, you are loyal to a fault.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Last time I was at Gander here in Ft. Wayne some toolbag unholstered his 1911 and un-loaded it to let his mom handle it while at the counter. He was trying to get her to buy all sorts of guns (shotgun, pistol, rifle, etc.) and she didn't know anything about guns at all. I was right behind him and watching him like a hawk. He then re-loaded it and holstered it. He had it pointed in a safe direction the whole time, but it shouldn't have happened. I regret not saying anything.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Wow. Just... Wow. I've never been to Bradis, but I intend to get up there some time. The OP's story doesn't change that.
    I've been into Bradis and they were very nice to me when I was there.

That said, I'm pretty that if this were some unknown gun shop in another state, people would be fuming over the treatment the OP got, rather than blaming him for the whole situation. But no, Bradis enjoys a favorable rep here (and deservedly so, I'm sure) so SHAME ON THE OP FOR EXPECTING TO GET WAITED ON, AND NOT GET A BARREL IN THE FACE WHILE WAITING! AND SHAME ON HIM FOR NOT MAKING A HUGE FREAKING STINK OVER THE WHOLE THING!!!
    I think you are reading into this a bit much. The OP posted up some information and others are commenting on it. If you disagree, that's fine - it's their opinion and you don't have to agree :).

I have to hand it to you people, when you are loyal, you are loyal to a fault.
    What is it that we're being loyal to? Common sense?

If you go into a shop and don't get helped, and the guy sees you and walks off without helping and you say and/or do nothing - what do you want us to do? Should we drive down and make sure that you get service, or should you speak up? :)

If somebody does something dangerous and you don't speak up, what do you want us to do? We should post INGO guards at the shops so that we can watch for dangerous activities and speak up for the customers who have no voice of their own.

Last time I was at Gander here in Ft. Wayne some toolbag unholstered his 1911 and un-loaded it to let his mom handle it while at the counter. He was trying to get her to buy all sorts of guns (shotgun, pistol, rifle, etc.) and she didn't know anything about guns at all. I was right behind him and watching him like a hawk. He then re-loaded it and holstered it. He had it pointed in a safe direction the whole time, but it shouldn't have happened. I regret not saying anything.
    Some people have no concept of safety and many really do have it in their mind "if I don't put my finger on the trigger, this can't go boom," which isn't accurate.

Top Bottom