• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Funny how that works around here. This place is knee deep in people who think they don't have to obey laws with which they don't agree. Maybe that's a one way street!

I believe you are confused here. It is Chrysler's corporate policy that is against the law. I haven't seen anyone recommend any illegal acts in this thread.

He's calling INGO a bunch of hypocritical criminals.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hey, Roadie, you want me to send them a letter? I'll claim to be your hired non-lawyer friend.

Just because you say you're a "non-lawyer", if you're giving legal advice and advising others of interpretation of laws, you're practicing law without a license.

A person who:

(1) professes to be a practicing attorney;

(2) conducts the trial of a case in a court in Indiana; or

(3) engages in the business of a practicing lawyer;

without first having been admitted as an attorney by the supreme court commits a Class B misdemeanor.

Ind. Code § 33-43-2-1

Under this section, the "practice of law" includes the giving of legal advice and counsel as to legal matters, and the preparation of legal instruments and contracts by which legal rights are secured, as well as attending to legal matters pending in court.
    Fink v. Peden, 214 Ind. 584, 17 N.E.2d 95 (1938).

Now, I've never taken food from your kid's mouths, I'd appreciate it if you'd return the favor to me and my brethren. ;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Even if it's just an email that says "Check this out?"

I'm coming at you and I'm coming at you hard.

....seriously, I don't know. Just sending a copy of the law is probably not a problem, any interpretation or prediction about enforcement or explanation of censequences would a problem (theoretically, at least).

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Well, I'll be darned. I was just curious about that. It would be interesting to know what they consider "legal advice," but I never knew that. Obviously, I don't go around giving legal advice since I'm not a lawyer, but I do weigh in with my opinions on what could happen.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Dang lawyers... always acting like they want to help us fight the man, then suddenly they are the man.... I feel like I am being repressed.... come see the violence inherent in the system...

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    We had a no gun policy, when the new law was passed a team leader at work approached HR and asked if they knew about the new law coming on July 1st of that yr. They said yes, they didn't like it but nothing they could do.

Your employer doesn't need a reason to fire you. If they fire you for NO reason you collect unemployment without hassle....which is why most employers don't like to do that. If they fire you for a reason they have to state that, so if they fire you for not having the right color shirt or some other silly thing just to get rid of you, it isn't going to stand and you will get your unemployment. I don't tell management that I have a gun in my truck when at work...done of their business. Don't ask, don't tell is the best policy. I haven't heard of a case yet where someone is suing yet for being fired for having a legal gun in their car....its bound to happen sooner or later.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    We had a no gun policy, when the new law was passed a team leader at work approached HR and asked if they knew about the new law coming on July 1st of that yr. They said yes, they didn't like it but nothing they could do.

Your employer doesn't need a reason to fire you. If they fire you for NO reason you collect unemployment without hassle....which is why most employers don't like to do that. If they fire you for a reason they have to state that, so if they fire you for not having the right color shirt or some other silly thing just to get rid of you, it isn't going to stand and you will get your unemployment. I don't tell management that I have a gun in my truck when at work...done of their business. Don't ask, don't tell is the best policy. I haven't heard of a case yet where someone is suing yet for being fired for having a legal gun in their car....its bound to happen sooner or later.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ting-guns-workplace-statutes.html#post3846143

Not exactly the same, but fairly close.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    The company I work for has that rule. They say we are subject to searches at any time. I was going to bring it up at orientation but thought I better not.
    I guess since the dont care about the constitution (illegal search), they probably dont care about the local law.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I think Stephen was being sarcastic. Oops, did I act on his behalf? :runaway:

You are in SOOOO much **** now. You'd better hope no one finds out that you helped someone, you'll go to jail for sure. Oh crap! Did I just tell you of a consequence? Guess I'm going to jail too. See you there. *thinks to self
    Please don't let me share a cell with Roadie"*

Actually, there is a case. I won't say who it is, but someone posted in this thread about it.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    Back to the subject of the thread (or at least closer to it). I work in a Port of Indiana, I know its Illegal to carry into the port as says on the LTCH. But is it possible to have a handgun in a lockable box while on port property? I have looked many times, but can't find a good answer. Any help to this would be great.

JBTate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    S.E. Indiana
    Huh, my boss gets mad if he finds out someone got a new toy and didn't bring it in for show and tell.
    Unless he's upstairs reloading, of course.

Top Bottom