• Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Way to go, America !!

As of now, the NICS background check system is offline, and is not accepting calls.

Wonder how long it's going to be 'out of service' and 'experiencing technical difficulties.' Trying again later.

SecondAmendment

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    If the NICS is down, people cannot purchase firearms. This sounds more like a victory for Obama and Feinstein than for us.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Or is it just .gov deciding we have enough guns and their plan has backfired so they are imposing a backhanded gun control? Nothing surprise me from them anymore.

Last edited:

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Not surprised, it looked to me that this was going to be a big Christmas for guns anyway. Both LGS I go to told me over a week ago it was shaping up to be the best Dec they have ever had. How about the poor Fedx people? They have to be stretched to the limit too.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    I hit wallyworld in Greenfield today at around 3:30PM today. (snuck out of work) to pickup a marlin Xt-17VR (17HMR) that I had spotted 2 nights ago.

In the case two nights ago were 3 ARs. A DMPS, a bushmaster, and very overpriced colt. Today all 3 were gone. The night I was there I saw a gentleman take the last case of .223.

At 3:45PM today NICS was down. by 4:35 wallyworld had left me a VM on my phone saying my check had gone through. Thankfully I was still trolling in the store. I skipped happily back to the counter an picked it up, basically hastle-free.

I do agree though, shutting down NICS, officially or unofficially, would be a great way to hamper gun sales if the FED wanted to. Not a damn thing we can do about it, except eat whatever schpiel they wanted to feed us.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    My purchace on wed was called in but after I left the store.

He couldnt get through when I was still there.

I was delayed as usual, pick up day is 27th.

Jimmy

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I hit wallyworld in Greenfield today at around 3:30PM today. (snuck out of work) to pickup a marlin Xt-17VR (17HMR) that I had spotted 2 nights ago.

In the case two nights ago were 3 ARs. A DMPS, a bushmaster, and very overpriced colt. Today all 3 were gone. The night I was there I saw a gentleman take the last case of .223.

At 3:45PM today NICS was down. by 4:35 wallyworld had left me a VM on my phone saying my check had gone through. Thankfully I was still trolling in the store. I skipped happily back to the counter an picked it up, basically hastle-free.

I do agree though, shutting down NICS, officially or unofficially, would be a great way to hamper gun sales if the FED wanted to. Not a damn thing we can do about it, except eat whatever schpiel they wanted to feed us.

I think you might have been in front of me at the gun counter then. I was buying a box of .270 and couple boxes of 00 buck. I buy at least 1 box of ammo every time I step foot in Wal-Mart.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom