• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    :runaway: I'm out of tinfoil. It's true defacto gun ban. No NICS = no new gun purchases.

:popcorn:

This would be a very economical, under the radar, way to get gun control. Slow down the process to a crawl...

Or start charging FFL's for every check run, say $100. Chief Justice Roberts would probably have no problem with that...

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If the NICS is not working still, then it should be apparent that Obama put a halt to the system to stop the buying frenzy. That's the immediate "executive" action he's taken. Deliberate shutdown of the system would not be made public of course.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Just out of curiousity, why don't more LGS use the computerized system? I mean I like the idea of the LGS doing it on the computer and not broadcasting my info to the entire store... 'just sayin':dunno:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If the NICS is down, people cannot purchase firearms. This sounds more like a victory for Obama and Feinstein than for us.

Agreed! The govt has no incentive to make this system resilient, etc. I'm surprised it doesn't crash more often.

Oe is it just .gov deciding we have enough guns and their plan has backfired so they are imposing a backhanded gun control? Nothing surprise me from them anymore.

:runaway: I'm out of tinfoil. It's true defacto gun ban. No NICS = no new gun purchases.

:popcorn:

That is a scary tactic the government could impose to curb sales.....no back ground checks, no over the counter sales.

Scary stuff.

Dave

Would not be surprised at all if this were the case.

So if EVERY gunshop in the country just said the heck-fire with the NCIS checks and sold them anyway...

Gunner

And the govt would be very happy to start locking up FFLs...

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Does the NICS have a service level agreement of some sort? I see that ffl's may proceed after 3 days if there is a delay response from NICS, but I don't see anything about if the system is unavailable/no response.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Overwhelmed

A buddy bought a revolver from BGS Tuesday. NICS wasn't answering the phone then, either. He was eventually approved but I don't know when. Gun buyers have simply overwhelmed the system.

This was posted on another forum this morning by an employee of a gun shop in Gettysburg, PA:

"We have ONE 5.65 AR left, a DPMS Sportical. We have one Stag 6.8 and a couple 9mm knockoffs. That's it. We sold over 100 AR's since Sat. We are out of 30 round pmags and only have about 4 20 rounders. Crazy. We did over $40k in credit card sales yesterday and smashed our one day sales record. We have been in business over 40 years and have never seen it like this."

And.....Fox News reported the NRA has averaged 8K new members a day since the CT shooting. I think Americans want to keep their guns!

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Now that most all the guns and supplies are gone from the bricks and sticks gun shops looks like the next stop is the gunshows, bet this weekend will be wild.

Top Bottom