• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    :+1:

IMHO, it's never a good idea to have the mindset that we're "winning" the 2A fight.:twocents:

There's a difference between recognizing that we are winning vs being complacent. The case law environment today, the greatly expanded map of states that allow an openly or concealed carry handgun off one's own property, its all hugely improved vs what it was 20 years ago. Admitting that is key to recognizing what works and what doesn't. Denying it simply results in a siege mentality where there's no use going through the courts and legislatures, because we are losing and always will lose.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Things that make me worry are - at the state level - NY and now CT are registering their newly defined "assault weapons" and the confiscation begins. If it can happen to US citizens anywhere, I care.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Watch, the sheeples news sometime, Our rights are being stomped on any way possible, sick bastard who has killed 6 kids, news then reports some congressman wants to re evaluate already existing gun laws and they have support.
    From the public and goverment.
    Last night channel 13, 8 first 5 stories were antigun, anti 2a. One story about a group coming to indiana to host a show, they failed to mention that this is the NRA and its bringing in over 58 million + dollars and over 150,000 people to the city.

After that skit they followed with the story of the woman who brought a glock to a school meeting, then 1/2 hour of sports and weather then ends.

Point, 99% of the media coverage was anti 2a based content. I say thats an agenda.

The media,Bloomberg anti 2a groups the federal, all chopping away as much as the can and they are spending well over 58 million to do so. All its going to take is the uninformed the goverment and a few more of these psyco paths to ruin it for billions of law abiding citizens.

Last edited:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Since the present Government thinks all immigrants are already citizens and since most States do not want a Photo ID to vote, the present Government encourages voting as often as possible. The present Government can't loose an election. We can not compete against fraud and deep corruption at the Voting Booth.

I think our way of life is on its way out, so as Our 2A goes, there goes Our Country.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    i think its mainly the outright attack on gun owners today. They arent hiding anything anymore, they are literally going out in public and saying no one should have guns except police and military. They are telling you to your face they wanna take all your guns. A few states have passed crazy stuff, and people are seriously worried that their state is next. All it takes is for the republicans to lose the house and the democrats to keep the senate, and our guns are GONE, its literally that easy. That is really scary, i dont think too many people thought 10 years ago or 20 years ago that if dems won it all they would have their guns rounded up. Today, we know it would happen.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    All it takes is for the republicans to lose the house and the democrats to keep the senate, and our guns are GONE, its literally that easy. That is really scary, i dont think too many people thought 10 years ago or 20 years ago that if dems won it all they would have their guns rounded up. Today, we know it would happen.

Lets remember it was the democratic senate that overwhelmingly torpedoed the gun legislation last year. Pretty much puts a big question mark on your statement. In today's political environment it is suicide to vote gun control, no matter which party you are in.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    We may not be "losing" on the federal level, but we certainly are not winning. At best we are maintaining the status quo, which is absolutely not where you want to be when our rights are already so heavily infringed upon. On the state level things are much better, but they certainly aren't peachy either. Just look at Connecticut, Colorado, and NY for example. I think it's prudent for us to be vigilant even if we aren't "losing" per se.

I'll agree with this ^^^. I won't say that I like states being so restrictive, but the potential for registry, expanding mag and gun type limits (CA legal rifles, etc) are certainly things to be vigilant of.
    Overall, since we (responsible, moral gun owners) stood our ground over the last two years, I think there's very little "losing" going on. But, that doesn't mean we can necessarily rest on our laurels.

BfBlair

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    Rights are usually lost incrementally. It's less likely you will draw outrage from a meaningful portion of the populace that way.

The same attacks will come over and over and sadly they only need to win once.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    There has been a lot of "wins", but also a lot of "losses" during my lifetime.
    Some wins include" The right to carry in Indiana has been made far easier. Recently, the right to park in a School lot with a firearm. However, many forget that firearms at schools was not an issue when I was in school in the 50's. Many high school students had rifles and shotguns mounted in their trucks in plain sight on school property - so we have just won a right that was taken from us. When I was a young lad (I'm 72), you could purchase a firearms from mail order sources like Popular Mechanics Magazine or even the back pages of some comic books. Another issue is the number of people who have the right taken away due to felonies.

I do not argue that a person convicted of a violent felony should have the same rights as law abiding citizens BUT many actions that were considered misdemeanors in 1955 are now felonies. How many have lost their "rights" due to a domestic fight. Many young couples in the past - as well as today - have had arguments that led to one person slapping the face of the other or having a dish tossed at them etc.. In most cases this did / does not escalate, and the couple makes up and stays married for many years. Now if a neighbor hears the argument and calls the police and there is a bruise or just a red mark, a person may lose their "rights". There are many other examples of actions that used to be misdemeanors that have been elevated to felonies. The law need to be re-written to remove those "crimes" from the list of things that can permanently remove your "rights".

We have accepted way to many incursions into our rights like the ability to own new full auto firearms. The ability to have a short barrel rifle, or suppressor without paying a large fee and waiting "approval". There is a heavy tax on both firearms and ammo. Restriction on making and selling a firearm or ammo. Most of these have occurred in the last 75 or so years, and we soon forget the freedoms we once had. The sad truth is that none of the "restrictions" have had any effect on criminal use of firearms. They have only added burdensome regulations and costs to those of us that are law abiding.

No I don't think we are winning the fight against the liberals, we are just holding our own! But until we remove many of the current ineffective laws and regulations we have lost rights over the last 100 years that we may never regain. The unfortunate part of this struggle is that while we use logic and information to prove the laws are unjust and ineffective, the liberals use only emotion and they proclaim victory whenever a new restriction is placed on the law abiding individual. As has been said the fight they want is to Control guns, not gun control laws that help stop criminals. The only effective method to stop criminal use of firearms is to make stiff mandatory sentencing of criminals that use firearms in a crime a reality.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    The tin foil hat wearing, anti government wack jobs have to ALWAYS keep some kind of turmoil going.

ole hombre

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2014
    United States
    Well, I'm an old timer and I have heard all along since 1962 when I bought my first firearm that we were in danger of "the government taking away our guns!" It's just not going to happen, if for no other reason than the numbers of gun owners and the intensity of our ongoing preparedness. It is the least of my concerns now and I do not see that changing in the future--forseeably anyway.
    I see the basic necessities of food, shelter, and medical care as being much more in danger of being hard to obtain and/or sustain in the coming years than firearms. "They" won't take our guns because they cant, but what about the basics of our sustenance? Today I'd worry more about the basics of survival and the consequences of our bankrupt so-called "economic system."

Top Bottom