• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Fox 59 is reporting that members of the Westboro Baptist Church are expected to protest outside North Central High School this afternoon around 15:00.

Nothing is found on the Fox website, however. Might be an interesting encounter. :popcorn:

Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The WBC website says their protest will take place around 13:00. Taken from their website:

09/24/2009 1:15 PM - 1:45 PM Indianapolis, IN Jewish Post & Opinion - God doesn't care re: your opinion! 238 S. Meridian Luke 11:44 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are as graves which appear not, and the men that walk over them are not aware of them. WBC will be around and about because the local High School thinks it is soooo cool to worship a dead fag named Matthew Sheperd. Why are you so quiet about this great sin? Why are you hiding the truth from the young people in your community? BECAUSE that is what you scribes do. That is why Jesus Christ fussed at you, as quoted above. You purposely hide the truth, and then go one step further - you cover it with flowery crap! This reference that Jesus Christ makes here is to your Levitical Law about how to handle dead corpses! You know that to be true - just like Haggai reminded the hypocrites of his day: Haggai 2:10 In the four and twentieth day of the ninth month, in the second year of Darius, came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet, saying, 11 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ask now the priests concerning the law, saying, 12 If one bear holy flesh in the skirt of his garment, and with his skirt do touch bread, or pottage, or wine, or oil, or any meat, shall it be holy? And the priests answered and said, No. 13 Then said Haggai, If one that is unclean by a dead body touch any of these, shall it be unclean? And the priests answered and said, It shall be unclean. 14 Then answered Haggai, and said, So is this people, and so is this nation before me, saith the LORD; and so is every work of their hands; and that which they offer there is unclean. Do not pretend that you are clean of the blood of Matthew Sheperd or any other person who you had a duty to tell the truth of God's Standard to, and you failed to tell! Obama will turn on you Jews, shortly and then you will reap all of this death and destruction which YOU HAVE SOWN - you LYING SCRIBES, YOU! Praise our Lord Jesus Christ the King of Kings and Lord of Lords - BEHOLD THE KING OF THE JEWS! AMEN!

Westboro Baptist Church Home Page

braless.jpg

godhateskids.jpg

z1ci.jpg

911giftfromgod.jpg

deadsoldierprotest20060602.jpg

Last edited:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    WTF.....are these the people from Kansas who tried to go around to soliders burial's?? I think we ran these morons out of Evansville a few years back.

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    This just goes to show how 'intelligent' religion is in general.

I recall these folks being drowned out with noise from a group of bikers or possibly driven off by them around Huntington a few years back....

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    This just goes to show how 'intelligent' religion is in general.

I recall these folks being drowned out with noise from a group of bikers or possibly driven off by them around Huntington a few years back....

Resent

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    We (bunch of soldiers) were just watching the news this morning and saw this. We saw people stepping on the flag and degrading it other ways. We thought WTF. All i can say is its a good thing most of us can have some restraint towards idiotic people.

United

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    should get a group together to hold signs saying "Pray for more dead WBC crazies" Just make signs like theirs and direct it towards them...crazy stuff. Never heard of this group before now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not sure I understand what they are protesting?
    The war? Us flying into space? ???
    What is it they want? To end the war? To stop space exploation?

They do however have a right to protest whatever it is they want to protest.
    I don't personally like what their signs say but that is their right.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Ditto...you can't blame religion overall from a few whacked out idiots...that's just wrong and no different than the anti-gunners blaming ALL of the gun community for some wacko that goes on a shooting rampage.:twocents:

Agree.

A lack of ethics in this country has got us into the mess we are in now. Faith, denounced as ridiculous was the founding movement of this country.

These people (the protesters) are just spouting trash. No different than the atheist who use a few select verses from the Bible to decry Christianity, they use a few select verses to further their own hate.

And much like you said, people want to tag it to every religious group. The same thing goes on for every race, creed and gender.

Its easy to label, but it does nothing but compound the problem. I just feel bad for their kids who are lead into that.

Much like the racism I faced as a child. The kids at school had no idea why they hated me, other than their parents told them so. I could hate a lot of people if I wanted, but I know everyone is different and have to give everyone a chance.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Interesting site: About Westboro Baptist Church | God Hates Fred Phelps

They've been around for years and years. They are really more of a cult than anything, comparing them to Christians in general would be like comparing responsible Gun-owners to bank-robbers.

I remember reading about them a while back. The article claimed that they made a substantial amount of money every year by filing lawsuits against people who assaulted them during their funeral protests and the like. Supposedly a lot of the family are lawyers. Can't find a credible source for these claims though.

MBG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indy-SW
    No different than the atheist who use a few select verses from the Bible to decry Christianity, they use a few select verses to further their own hate.
    You have just done what you claim to despise. Atheists do not "spread hate". You are perfectly within your right to believe whatever you want. If you try to push that on your kids or anyone else, you are doing what you decry.

To truly have what I think it is you are saying, you would have to let your children decide what religion (or lack thereof) to be. No forcing them to go to church because "you say so"

I am a recovering christian(read: atheist) And I let my children attend church as long as they wanted. I never talked down religion to them and allowed them to make their own choices. Funny, not too long after immersing theirselves in the church, they came to me with the very unanswerable questions I had.

For us, we do not believe. We do not think less of those who do believe, but we certainly think less of the professed "religious" people who talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Hypocrisy is despicable, and I will call you on that.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You have just done what you claim to despise. Atheists do not "spread hate". You are perfectly within your right to believe whatever you want. If you try to push that on your kids or anyone else, you are doing what you decry.

I disagree. It sounded more to me like he was comparing the WBC crowd to the ignorant atheists who take verses of the Bible entirely out of context in an attempt to push their agenda on others. He wasn't comparing them to ALL atheists.

To truly have what I think it is you are saying, you would have to let your children decide what religion (or lack thereof) to be. No forcing them to go to church because "you say so"

I am a recovering christian(read: atheist) And I let my children attend church as long as they wanted. I never talked down religion to them and allowed them to make their own choices. Funny, not too long after immersing theirselves in the church, they came to me with the very unanswerable questions I had.

I disagree here as well. I believe in education, so I will teach him to seek knowledge and wisdom. I believe in a healthy diet, so I will teach him to eat healthy. I believe in God, so I will also teach him to believe. Why would I not teach my son something that I believe to be an absolute and essential truth?

For us, we do not believe. We do not think less of those who do believe, but we certainly think less of the professed "religious" people who talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Hypocrisy is despicable, and I will call you on that.

Everybody's a hypocrite, religious or not. Hypocrisy comes in many forms. One form is pretending that your lack of faith in God had no effect on your childrens' faith while you criticize others who actively encourage that faith.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Westboro Baptist Church
    (WBC Chronicles -- Since 1955)
    3701 S.W. 12th St. Topeka, Ks. 66604 785-273-0325 Westboro Baptist Church Home Page
    Religious Opinion & Bible Commentary on Current Events

Monday, September 14, 2009
    NEWS RELEASE

(Supplemental info: background, photos, audio sermons & hymns, & video footage – available free at Westboro Baptist Church Sign Movies,
    God Hates The World, Priests Rape Boys, Antichrist Beast Obama & Blogs.SpareNot.com)

WBC TO PICKET NORTH CENTRAL
    HIGH SCHOOL (1801 E. 86th St.,
    Indianapolis, IN, Thurs., Sept. 24,
    2:55 to 3:30 p.m.), in religious
    warning: Stop teaching rebellion
    against God! Putting on this tacky,
    melodramatic play (“The Laramie
    Project”) won’t get Matt a drop of
    water as he’s tormented in Hell.
    MATT IN HELL 10+ YEARS
    Yes. Matt Shepard has been in Hell more than 10 years,
    with eternity left on his sentence - no appeal, parole, or
    time off for good behavior. Beside this solemn fact, all else
    about Matt is trivial and irrelevant. Amen.
    "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind; it
    is abomination.'' Lev. 18:22.
    God Hates Indianapolis.

As a Christian, I am ashamed of these people. Just I am as a gun owner, I am ashamed when idiots do something stupid with a gun.

As other posters have said, please don't stereotype ALL Christians based on these fringe elements.

MBG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indy-SW
    While not wanting to start a religious debate, I can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that healthier eating leads to a healthier life.

My kids, as such, could never be incited to become suicide bombers as some religions in certain parts of the world would have them do.

You are free to believe what you want, I do not push any agenda. I am just unafraid to let you know where I stand. I don't care if the whole world thinks I am wrong, as I am free to believe what I want. I encourage you to do the same.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    This group claims to be Baptist and Christian. I can tell you that as a Christian everything that they are saying is contrary to the word of God. So we should just take God out of this argument. They inserted Him for their agenda and probably so they could be registered as a "church".

If the things that you say don't line up with the Bible as a whole then you are not telling the truth about what God says.

If you do not believe in God, fine. Because this is not about God. This is a freedom of speech argument plain and simple.

Top Bottom