Nov 23, 2008
    Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Westboro Baptist Church Home Page

braless.jpg

godhateskids.jpg

z1ci.jpg

911giftfromgod.jpg

deadsoldierprotest20060602.jpg

May God have mercy on their souls. They know not what they do.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    if i saw someone w/ a sign that said thank god for dead soldiers i would run the whole group over with my car and take my lumps from the penal system.

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    I went and checked them out up on 86th Street this afternoon. I got there towards the end of the protest, but it was across from a high school. The students had an very large counter protest going and they were joined by members of the community. Cars were constantly honking in support of the students. I could see possibly 5 or 6 WBC members across the street protesting. There was a heavy police presence in the area as well.

TripleL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    The Rockies
    According to the Indy Star, only five WBC idiots were there to protest versus 200 counter protesters on the opposite side of the street. The 22 IMPD officers even outnumbered the despicable feces!

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not sure I understand what they are protesting?
    The war? Us flying into space? ???
    What is it they want? To end the war? To stop space exploation?

They do however have a right to protest whatever it is they want to protest.
    I don't personally like what their signs say but that is their right.

North Central was putting on a play about the Wyoming homosexual who was tortured to death. The play is an attempt to "teach" our children to be tolerant of sexual deviancy. My daughter attends NC and today in an English class was asked to sign a pro-same sex marriage petition. When she refused, she was berated and the kids pushing it demanded to know why. She just wanted to be left alone to study English. They wouldn't stop demanding that she sign it. Finally, she told them firmly that she would not sign it because she believes that marriage is between a man and a woman. I've never been prouder!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    North Central was putting on a play about the Wyoming homosexual who was tortured to death. The play is an attempt to "teach" our children to be tolerant of sexual deviancy. My daughter attends NC and today in an English class was asked to sign a pro-same sex marriage petition. When she refused, she was berated and the kids pushing it demanded to know why. She just wanted to be left alone to study English. They wouldn't stop demanding that she sign it. Finally, she told them firmly that she would not sign it because she believes that marriage is between a man and a woman. I've never been prouder!
    So you agree with the protesters?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Personally, I think anyone who starts their tirade with "God hates..." is wrong. That may be their belief, and I don't agree, because the God I know, the One God, is a God of love, not hate.

I don't care if two people of the same gender love each other, even if they do so romantically. I'm not a part of their relationship and that relationship does me no harm. I think it's not the business of the state to legislate morality. As such, I think they can call it marriage, legal union, whatever.

Now this play about Matthew Shepherd... I'm going solely on memory here, but IIRC, this was a teenager who apparently committed the unpardonable sin of letting it be known (or being outed by someone else, I forget) who he had feelings for. In punishment of this sin, he was taken out, beaten all to hell, tied to a fencepost and left to die, alone.

If that's what these *maternal fornicators* at this so-called "church" think is good, wholesome Christian-ness, I can only say that I am glad I don't have to stand in their shoes at Judgment Day. The God I know is a God of love, but that will not stop Him from making people see their/our lives without any of the masks and disguises we use every day to justify our actions to ourselves.... and that, my friends, is what I would consider one definition of Hell. I live my life as honorably and as much in His service as I think I can, but I still know I have some things to answer for. I'm not looking forward to that. I can only hope one of these folks goes on the same day I do... I figure He'll have His hands so full with them, maybe He'll go easy on me by comparison. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So you agree with the protesters?

Trying to start a little trouble here? OK. Here's what I agree with. First, I don't know any of these protesters. I did not hear what they had to say. I did not see any of their signs. So, I don't know what they think or why they were there. I've seen a bunch of crap posted here off of some website but I have no way of knowing whether that represents the protesters thought or not. But I do know that my children attend this high school so unlike you, I have a vested interest what happens INSIDE the school. I am not happy about the school putting on such a contoversial performance. I am even less happy about a bunch of poorly parented kids attempting to force my daughter into signing something she was raised to recognize as sin. I could care less what happens outside.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Interesting site: About Westboro Baptist Church | God Hates Fred Phelps

They've been around for years and years. They are really more of a cult than anything, comparing them to Christians in general would be like comparing responsible Gun-owners to bank-robbers.

I remember reading about them a while back. The article claimed that they made a substantial amount of money every year by filing lawsuits against people who assaulted them during their funeral protests and the like. Supposedly a lot of the family are lawyers. Can't find a credible source for these claims though.

I don't think any of them truly believe in God. In fact, I think they are mainly composed of anti-religion folks who make their livelihood out of getting beat up at protests and as a bonus, discredit the God they have such disdain for in the process. All they do is preach hate. They hate everything: homosexuals, America, soldiers, 9/11 victims, and especially RELIGION. I refuse to believe these people are anything but people trying to shame anyone who believes in God into reconsidering their beliefs. There is a God and all of those hateful people will be judged by Him.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I've seen a bunch of crap posted here off of some website but I have no way of knowing whether that represents the protesters thought or not.
    Just for information purposes only...the signs they carry are posted on their website. They are pretty proud of the messages they deliver.

Photos

Here are a few of my favorites.

And my personal favorite...

youwilleatyourbabies.jpg

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Glockster - I've seen them in Salem before.... I'm not at NC - but I've seen these folks, and they are real. The signs were very similar - although it was a couple of years ago. I think that's unfortunate and sad - but true. It is their right to protest. It's mine to shake my head and wonder what the (*&*(& they're thinking....

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

I'd give you rep for this if I wasn't out. :rockwoot: Some kids just don't get it. Pushing their agenda's on others and making fun of those who don't believe as they do. I'd say that's either a complete lack of parenting or preaching hate to your kids. Glad your kid knows better! :D

MMMMmmmm Yummy! I like mine extra crispy with spicy sauce! :): I'll have two! :D

I really feel sorry for all those kids. Maybe, God willing, they will see the light one day and repent. Until then... Shame on them for dishonoring those that died for THEM.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    These people can't be for real. I don't buy it. I think they are just real-life trolls, making a living picking fights and then suing the aggressors.

"God hates cripple soldiers"? Come on. "You will eat your babies"? Maybe that one was directed towards Mike Tyson. I know I should never underestimate the stupidity of people, but these folks don't strike me as stupid. I don't think they are crazy enough to believe that these signs are going to change anybody's mind on these topics. They have an agenda, but I don't think that's it.

Top Bottom