• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swbster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I am in a professional setting and it is pretty secure. I do find that when the topic comes up, many folks don't understand gun ownership so I frequently try and help them understand responsible gun ownership. I see it as being something that I want to help them to understand and not be afraid of. Education is a powerful thing.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I love my job, I may have to drive 60 miles to get to it, but it is great. We are a whole group of gun nuts, all of us, shoot, hunt, reload, surf gun web sites, talk about machine guns, go to gun shows, etc. The new boss brought in his nice S/W revolver to show to me right after he became the new boss. I was talking to another person not in our group, and he pulled up his pants leg, and showed me the new ankle holster he had for his 9MM. I was admiring his holster when he said that was just his backup, and pulled out his 380 Kel-Tec from his back pocket, I then said, 9mm backup with a 380 Kel-Tec, he said yea, then pulled back his jacket to show me his Kimber 1911 in a shoulder rig. Many of us carry daily, and as for any rules, the rule is the Second Amendment is the rule in state government. I sometimes have to go to the Kentucky State Capitol building, and I am unable to carry there, but if I am going, I will just lock it in my desk. Every time someone gets a new firearm, they ALWAYS bring it in for everyone to look at. Our BIG BOSS, just got a .338 Lapua MAG and he brought it in for all to see. I have to say that is once nice rifle, I want one now, but my wife wants new leather furniture, and I think she is going to win this time... LOL

INGunGuy

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    You drive 60 miles each way 5 days a week? Wow!

I got the job in Illinois. I'll have to be satisfied carrying one the two pocket knives I now have.

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    I envy the people here who have tolerant bosses, and/or owners of companies that allow, or even encourage responsible gun-owner-ship....

I made the mistake of being drawn into a false sense of opnely speaking about firearms, ( BTW ,I work for a small company owned by one family, and although I have worked for this group for 25 years, they don't trust ANY one , not even themselves, for they are constantly having their own "pissin' " matches against one another...yikes ), so I was told by one of these owners, that he might be interested in target shooting....so I related my own recent foray into this fine sport ( I was 52 years of age when I began shooting pistols ).....bad mistake.

I was made aware in no un-certain terms that anyone that owned a firearm was a complete hill-billy moron, that NO body should be able to defend themselves ( except themselves) against the bad guys in the world.

Mind you, these are folks that lived in the out-skirts of a semi-large city, and they are in their mid 50's, also....no starngers to the effects of big city life.

Man, I learned to NEVER talk politics, religion, gun-owner-ship with ANY anti...won't change their closed minds, only entrap you into a fight.

As an ironic twist, the 70 + year-old matriarch of this family, and the person these dumb-*** kids got their anti views from, recently was attacked at a shopping excursion, and subsequently bought a self-defense pistol....fukin' hipocrits. ( sorry, can't spell " hipocrits)

Takes an attack to turn peoples' minds from anti, to pro, but still, only for THEM, not me or anyone else...

I am Out ...;)

Top Bottom