• ...and so much more!
  • 38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    jisharmon7 said:
    Well, I could very well be wrong, but...I call BS on this whole story. I think it was posted to incite the mob and it worked. If this really happened as it is written though...sell the handgun and buy a shotgun that stays in your home. But, my BS meter is on red alert.

It may not be a true story, but I don't think it was posted to incite a mob. Read his past posts. Some have thrown red flags up to me well before this story came out.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It may not be a true story, but I don't think it was posted to incite a mob. Read his past posts. Some have thrown red flags up to me well before this story came out.

Like this one perhaps?

i had a bad run in with an officer at my local cvs. I just went in there to pick up some gauze and peroxide paid and was walking out and before i got the the exit i heard someone say "hey hold on there buddy" so i turned around and saw some guy and i said "what do you need" he pulled out his badge and informed me he was an off duty officer. He asked to see my ltch and my id so i did they he started to give me the whole speal about oc and what not so i politly asked him "officer before you finish am i being arrested or detained at the moment?" and he said " no your not" so i politly told him to go fornicate with himself and walked out. I have absolutly no problems with police officers what so ever who i have problems with are people who want to give me there :twocents: when i didnt even ask for it.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I missed that post. Hilarity.
    He left out the part where the cop asked, "is that an AMT??? boy, go back to school!".

Internets and gun culture brings out people I can only imagine.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    If this OP is true, it will make me much more cautious about trying to help anyone who has had their car broken into. Imagine if you were walking by, saw the broken window, and stopped to call the cops or the like. You are standing there and all of a sudden, the owner comes out and pulls his gun and starts chasing you:runaway:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Ease up fellas. The OP obviously needed some guidance and advice, so what better place than here for him to learn and grow from. How I wonder are we strengthening the his knowledge and the gun community as a whole by bashing him? He made a dumb decision, got lucky and now can learn from it, I'm sure he knows that even if he doesn't say it here. The last thing I want to do is chase him off a site where he can obviously learn a few things. You can't say you've never done anything stupid :dunno:

That's so ultra sensitive of you.:D..... If you read the OP, he didn't post for advice. He posted to tell his story. When he posted his story, he had no intentions of looking for help......at least not from what I saw.

If someone makes a decision like this, he/she deserves to get bashed. Especially when it involves firearms and safety. The OP's actions posed a deadly risk to the general public. This is a mistake that is, IMO, unforgivable. This situation goes well beyond something stupid.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    He probably listens to both kinds of music: country and western!!!

I would vote for lack of training and some common sense, versus games and music. I mean I listen to some really bad music at times and it doesn't make me want to pull a weapon on anyone.

LOL you must not have picked up on the sarcasm in that post... Guess I should have used a smiley.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Great thread. Nothing better than real world situations for us to dissect apart and learn from them.

To OP: I join the ranks of those who recommended attending armed self-defense training. Knowledge of the law will draw the line between you being a free man or an inmate. As you proved, when a high tension moment comes you will not have time to think in detail about the best course of action. You must embed in your memory what really involves a threat on your life (or loved ones) that justifies self defense. By regularly training you develop skills that will help allow you to identify a threat and the appropriate course of action in nanoseconds. In addition, if you have to make your case in front of a jury, I am positive it will help presenting yourself as a properly trained and responsible citizen .

Please, get training today. There are superb training opportunities year round everywhere in Indiana. I promised myself not to buy guns this year and attend a couple of courses. Stay safe. Stay out of jail.

The best and most elloquent response so far that I have read. The OP needs some serious checking, not only in the training and law department, but in the patience and self control area.

Maybe instead of guns, maybe some martial arts. Proper martial arts, mind you, not the MMA crap. You want to learn the self control they teach, not the thrash anything that looks at you strange-tattooed type of martial arts.

I didn't say anger managment: One thing is that he isn't necessarily jumping out at everyone. Just someone who he thought did him wrong.

Some training is needed, seriously. Don't be one of the guys we see on the news about shooting someone because they bumped into you while playing pool...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I had to edit my posting up there. I left off some factors for the Serious bodily injury code...sorry.

Well yes and no. A punch to the face/gut by its self won't be enough. You will need more. Loss of consciousness is enough (per JV vs. State of Indiana Cause No. 20C01-0903-JD-123 Dec 22,2009). However in Davis v. State, 813 N.E.2d 1176 (Ind. 2004), where the court unanimously agreed that evidence of a slightly lacerated lip, an abrasion to the knee, and a broken pinky finger was insufficient to support the finding of “serious bodily injury.”

Do cops have to wait until they are unconscious before they draw on a threat too?

One other thing.......please remember this discussion the next time the disarming an LTCH conversation takes place. It's because of LTCH holders like the OP why a lot of officer's will do it every single time. Yes I know this is just one incident and I'm sure a very small portion of the LTCH community, but just as small is the number of people that would come on to a gun board.......yes it's still a gun board :D (sorry I had too)......and actually post something like this. While I will agree all day everyday that the chances of running into an LTCH'er this bad are slim, it only takes one to ruin my day or my family's lives. Just food for thought not trying to start up another war.

Huh? Did you just proceed to justify disarming every LTCH-carrier you meet, using this random story?

If you are disarming people for no other reason than you saw them wearing a holster, you are infringing peoples' rights. It doesn't matter who has done what in the past. Your safety is not paramount to citizens' rights. Please remember that when you are holding us at gunpoint.

Its not fair to group all gun-owners together, just like its not fair to group all cops together. We are all individuals and must not be punished for the mistakes of others.

Top Bottom