Was it one of you guys at pop guns today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    they are like any other business (need to make money), the times that I have got a firearm from them I have got a good deal. I have used the range many times and the people there treat me well and for me that is worth more than a cheap price and rude employees.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Don't shoot there often nowadays as I now live closer to Eagle Creek. $6.50 per day is a much better price for me these days. Back in '02 to '03, I shot there regularly, and bought an annual membership. They were the best indoor range, compared to Don's. I remember they opened late till like 9 or 10pm. On a Saturday evening lately, I felt an unstoppable itch so I drove there. 30 minutes drive. It wasn't even 8pm yet. They were closed. They now close at 7pm every day, I believe...

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Since when has Pop Guns had good prices on firearms? What did you pay for your G23? Was it a new pistol or used?

It was new. I paid $569 with 2 high cap mags and a real box. (laughs) I think that's very reasonable. A 10% markup to support a local gun shop instead of an internet warehouse? I don't mind that.

Last time I was in Don's, that pistol was marked $799, and came in a cardboard McDonalds box with "Glock" written in crayon on the outside.

gruemeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    POPGUNS now Family Indoor Shooting Range.
    Yes we have raised our prices to meet demand and lowered as the availablity has cleared out. It is simply a matter of business. If we can purchase all the Glocks or Sw handguns we have lower prices based on our cost and availablity. However from April until just recently if we ordered 150 handguns we like all other dealers were lucky to get 5 or 6. Therefore we charged more for them . Ammunition was the same problem. Now you bring in the early factor of King Obamas group saying they will ban all our guns it added to the fuel and prices. The owner of Family Indoor Shooting Range must price products in order to pay bills. Unfortunatly not everyone agrees with common business practices. To those we ask to give it time and the trend we reverse assuming Obamas crew don't go after guns next.

Mike

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    It was new. I paid $569 with 2 high cap mags and a real box. (laughs) I think that's very reasonable. A 10% markup to support a local gun shop instead of an internet warehouse? I don't mind that.

Last time I was in Don's, that pistol was marked $799, and came in a cardboard McDonalds box with "Glock" written in crayon on the outside.

You paid at least $80 more than PSS or Liberty (and most other shops) charge for a new G23 with two mags and factor plastic case.

Last edited:

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    POPGUNS now Family Indoor Shooting Range.
    Yes we have raised our prices to meet demand and lowered as the availablity has cleared out. It is simply a matter of business. If we can purchase all the Glocks or Sw handguns we have lower prices based on our cost and availablity. However from April until just recently if we ordered 150 handguns we like all other dealers were lucky to get 5 or 6. Therefore we charged more for them . Ammunition was the same problem. Now you bring in the early factor of King Obamas group saying they will ban all our guns it added to the fuel and prices. The owner of Family Indoor Shooting Range must price products in order to pay bills. Unfortunatly not everyone agrees with common business practices. To those we ask to give it time and the trend we reverse assuming Obamas crew don't go after guns next.

Mike

Ummm... I just saw this and had to comment. Don't act like it's Obama that drove up your prices. I was in your shop the DAY you guys pulled all your price tags and upped everything about $150 to $200... people still were not buying them and then you had workers telling customers that they just announced that the AWB is coming back and these "high capacity" semi-auto handguns will be banned and you need to get one now. You didn't even have prices for 2 hours and you would have to ask someone at the computer what the "new" price was. You took advantage of the situation, that is all.

Spare me the BS, please.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Yep, it was a Saturday (I think) and I was in and out waiting for a spot on the range. I was looking at the P229 they had in the case. The salesguys were pitching prices from the computer. I was in there the day before (I think the day that the news came that Holder mentioned a new AWB) and the P229 had a price tag on it.

I come in the next day to put my name in for the range and all the price tags were gone. I asked why the tags were gone and the guy working the counter near the revolvers and Sigs told me that the Assault Weapons Ban was coming back and their suppliers prices have increased. The website had a huge banner announcing that it was coming.

I asked for a price on the P229, the guy asked whomever was at the checkout computer, he'd wait a minute and then toss a price back. It was $200 more! They only increased the prices on the semi-autos with more than 10 rounds capacity, I had noticed.

The salesmen were pitching those lines to everyone looking at a weapon that filled that description. I had put a S&W on layaway the day before, but decided to drop it when I saw that. I shot at the range and never returned. I was there that exact day and was sickened by it.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Michael+Jackson+Jackson_popcorn.gif

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    and by a guy with 23 posts.... if you need your post count up, just DIG DEEP!
    Probably something I have overlooked, but why would I or anyone else care about their post count? When I see something I might have a little knowledge on I try to make a comment or give an opinion on the subject.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's too bad there's not a good sporting goods store in that area. Wanamaker Gunshop is due south, and they seem straight up. But they're small and selection doesn't really grow.

I've always thought Pop Guns survived on its LEO customer base which it gives a reasonable discount, that would brings prices down to reality.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    It's too bad there's not a good sporting goods store in that area. Wanamaker Gunshop is due south, and they seem straight up. But they're small and selection doesn't really grow.

I've always thought Pop Guns survived on its LEO customer base which it gives a reasonable discount, that would brings prices down to reality.

I've noticed that too. If you're a city officer, you're golden in there.

I know the original thread was kind of old, guys. I but I saw the post by the person representing popguns and just had to post what I saw that day. I even saw the guy swindling an older lady with these lines. I stick to the other local shops now. :)

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008

KS and E has good prices, though selection is small. About Pop Guns, what LEO discounts do they offer? I know they offer a range discount.

Top Bottom