Was I wrong??? (INGO hat spotted in Evansville)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I was out of state a while back and saw someone wearing an INGO hat. I approached them to say hello and you would have thought I pulled a gun and asked for their money and wife.

I should also mention that I have met the member before.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    What we're learning here is that apparently, a common bond of clothing and gun ownership is no reason to talk to a stranger in public.

Or, a few of us must be real ***holes :dunno:

If you ever see me wearing my INGO shirt in public, like I will be tomorrow at the 1500, say hello :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was out of state a while back and saw someone wearing an INGO hat. I approached them to say hello and you would have thought I pulled a gun and asked for their money and wife.

I should also mention that I have met the member before.

I remember that. We didn't recognize you and you didn't say anything at first. You just walked up to us and stared for a few seconds. It was creepy.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    LOL, I think it was probably a "borrowed" hat. I can't imagine carrying and being ashamed, embarrassed, or scared to be outed. Maybe the guy didn't have a permit.
    PS I hope to get my hat tomorrow

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    My first thought is that his Rainbow hat with Unicorn trim was in the cleaners. Come to think of it that is my second thought too.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._or_is_the_post_count_wrong-6.html#post617532

But don't worry, it won't get wierd...

wierd.jpg

Oh. It got wierd didn't it.:rolleyes:

What. The. Heck? Is there a backstory to this freakazoid pic?

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Well, to the OP, it certainly looks like you have the friendly support of 99% of INGO.

Don't take one mans stupidity to heart. However, on the small off chance that the angry man had a legitimate reason to get angry, hopefully he'll speak up and we can all forgive him.

If not, he will forever serve as the nameless host of our impotent dislike, and we can all think bad thoughts about him.

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    I believe you might have been slightly wrong in not correcting his behavior. I am renouned for messing up quotes but didn't some guy say something like, "the worst thing anyone can do is stand by and let other people do evil" Or do nothing when evil is going on...bah, quotes are above me but the point is still in effect. If i had been you i would have politely explained that if he ever talked to me like that again....i would cry very loudly until the police came.. and then point at him and say the bad man touched me... Don't mess with INGO members yo, its an easy way to catch a case.. (P.S. it really only works if you have a baby face like me) (P.P.S. I am a professional to not attempt these stunts at home) (P.P.P.S. thank god for spell check, cause there were like 5 words in the paragraph with red lines under them)

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have not read all the replies, but I would like to ask that you all REP the original poster for being man enough to strike up a conversation.

I think we all mostly join for camaraderie.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Thoughts:

1. Was it an INGO tactical hat which is discreet, or an INgunowners.com hat which is not? There have been three hats so far?

2. Were you (a) in a high school, (b) a bank, (c) a court room, or (d) a gun store?

3. You wear the gear, you'd best expect to have your ear bent.

4. The secret handshake is a gunless position sol. No, it does not work well.

5. There is a time to speak up, and a time to stay quiet. This thread, if it is about you, might be a time for the latter.

;)

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I was born and raised in Evansville and just want to apologize for my entire city.
    I'm sorry you were treated that way. I can tell you it wasn't myself or my friends.
    I would like to meet other members in Evansville.....maybe breakfast or something.

Top Bottom