Was I out of line? Or did I did I get really bad customer service?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How should I respond to todays issue.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Call me young or any other insult...but IMHO: while you were glancing at your phone, that in and of itself was not rude. She did not know WHY you were glancing at your phone; you could have been expecting an important call regarding a sick family member, job, etc. As you did not have the INTENT to be rude, I don't believe you were in the wrong here. I would have responded the same way. She had no right to be condescending...a simple "do you understand/do you have any questions?" at the conclusion of the speech would have sufficed. If I chose to be rude to every defendant I deal with on a daily basis that I percieve has an attitude problem...my blood pressure would be WAY more messed up than it is. She should have let it go. IMO she chose to flex her muscles and escalate the situation, and you responded by advising her not to treat you, THE CUSTOMER, in a rude or condescending manner.
    This sums up my feeling. I don't deny being rude. I just didn't think it rose to the level her going, what I consider, over the top.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    ***News Flash***

Phones have ringers on them.

You can't "glance" at a screen the size of an Iphone, Blackberry, Droid, etc, try to read INGO, and act like you give a :poop: about what someone is saying at the same time.

I'll be polite and put it this way: I can and do "glance" at a screen and read something while paying attention to what someone else is saying/doing. I can read very quickly...to put it mildly. In addition, my job forces me to be able to multitask to the point where I may be holding a conversation with two to three different people at the same time while reading courtwork and doing math problems. That's neither here nor there...my point was simply that by glancing at a screen, he did not have the intent to be rude. Therefore, the woman's response was inappropriate. :dunno: Not that it matters. When it's all said and done it's over and done with.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'll be polite and put it this way

Feel free to be impolite and put it any way you want...I'm kind of curious where you were going with this when you wrote it.

Answering questions from multiple people that understand you can't make eye contact with each of them at the same time =/= playing on your mobile device while someone is doing their job...

She should have let it go. IMO she chose to flex her muscles and escalate the situation, and you responded by advising her not to treat you, THE CUSTOMER, in a rude or condescending manner

1. The only person not letting go is the TS...Do you think she went home and started a pole on an internet forum?:n00b:

2. Once again, she was doing her job...How do you know what her SOP is? She wasn't "flexing her muscles," she was doing her job...Maybe, just maybe, she could get fired if she didn't make it completely clear to a customer, just exactly what they need to do in order to keep their pet healthy.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I voted the first one. I would have been a lot less polite if you blew me off that way. Your level of self absorption is astounding. IF you were looking at something important, get out of line, handle your business, then get back in the back of the line. I don'tt hink she was being rude at all, she simply expects you to treat her with common courtesy and respect. Maybe she figured somewhere along the line someone failed to teach it to you, and her little episode might make you think twice in the future.

I can't beleive you started this thread, much less admitted to being that rude and inconsiderate for nothing more than looking at INGO. Hey I like it just as much as the next guy, but really????

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    I'm sorry but as a customer service rep, I have to side with her. I will give you some credit, she shouldn't have gotten so rude, but I know what it is like to have people get up to my register and be messing with their phones. Sometimes I think it's funny that a whole line full of people gets to find out who the baby's daddy is or who has what STD, but still I'd rather slap the overpriced phone out of their hands, tell them their total and have a nice day. Just my .02.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Don't expect any sympathy from me on cell phone rudeness, I deal with it daily. Nothing is more frustrating than having a business conversation interrupted by a cell phone or someone that thinks a day at work is a day texting or web browsing. I can see why some employers have strict cell phone rules.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    Were you in the wrong... yah prob. Was she, Yah prob. But I think it may go a bit morre in depth than the obvious. The state and local vets have stupid procedures and guidelines that they must follow. Example of this, some states, and pounds require a person that is adopting a pet to go thru counsiling prior to adoption. In indiana, they must be spay and nutered, and you MUST take your newly adopted pet to a vet that is on a list for a check up with in 48hrs of the adoption, or risk losing the pet. It may be a requirement of that facility to have the owners make eye contact while explaining the out patient stuff. Not for sure but just a thought

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I voted the first one. I would have been a lot less polite if you blew me off that way. Your level of self absorption is astounding. IF you were looking at something important, get out of line, handle your business, then get back in the back of the line. I don'tt hink she was being rude at all, she simply expects you to treat her with common courtesy and respect. Maybe she figured somewhere along the line someone failed to teach it to you, and her little episode might make you think twice in the future.

I can't beleive you started this thread, much less admitted to being that rude and inconsiderate for nothing more than looking at INGO. Hey I like it just as much as the next guy, but really????
    I would normally agree with you on the get out of line if it's that important, and I do that on a regular basis, but this was not the type of place for that. This was a free for all, where everyone is jammed packed etc. And I totally disagree with your she was just trying to teach me what I didn't learn before, that not her place.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I would normally agree with you on the get out of line if it's that important, and I do that on a regular basis, but this was not the type of place for that. This was a free for all, where everyone is jammed packed etc. And I totally disagree with your she was just trying to teach me what I didn't learn before, that not her place.

So you admit you never learned common courtesy and manners?
    If so, then we all know the answer to this situation right here.
    Like I said before you were rude, she was rude. Call it what it is.
    I can tell you though I won't try to compete with a cell phone when trying to talk to a customer either. I however will just let you know "I'll be over there when you're ready to talk to me." :dunno:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    if you're on your phone, texting, etc then YOU are the one is rude....regardless of the speech she might be giving. it is incredibly disrespectful.....i wish i could call people out for this at my job, but since i work for a big company, people know they can complain and get a free giftcard.

how would you like it if your doctor was texting while you were in his office explaining your symptoms? just sayin'.

Top Bottom