• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Thankfully everyone I work with are pro gun, pro carry.

Yeah, but you don't get one day of scared and hurt people in your face because they have displaced their fear and anger onto you instead of looking at the realities of their world.

You kinda get "every days" of that stuff.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Dont respond to emotion with emotion...dont respond with logic either ...just ignore them and let them be stupid...they will soon forget but we will not...i do not try to motivate my adversary and that is what they are.stupid stupid stupid people....the real reason we have guns is unspoken as far as I am concerned

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I was not sure where to put this, so here it is.

I went in to work today, and the first 45 min was a normal day. One of my co workers in my department, turns and asked me if I watched any of the events over the school shooting this weekend. He knows me pretty well, and knows I am a hunter, and a second amendment supporter.
    I start to tell him what a tragedy this is, and did not get two whole sentences out, and two other co-workers,(One a lead, and the other a Supervisor), start drilling me.
    One asks "What I thought of having semi automatic weapons now"? The other one implies the same.
    I was a caught a little off guard with the tone and attitude. They know I carry, and has never been an issue, but it was almost like they were pissed at me.

I let them spew for a few minutes, and I told them I thought this was a horrible tragedy, and I felt so bad for the families who were involved. They just kept drilling me with attitude, and questions.
    The one finally asks me where I stood with this, and if it has changed my outlook on firearms.
    I said "Yes it has,I feel that if the teachers, and faculty in the schools, had a firearm and were trained to use it, this may have not have happened, or at least could have been stopped at some point.
    I told them these things just re-enforce my beliefs in carrying and having the freedom to protect my life, and family.
    I asked the one, "If they had a child, or a loved one in that situation, and someone there had a firearm to defend that person, would they want them to use it and possibly save a life, or stand there and do nothing?"

The only answer I got was a quick turn around, which was my answer.

I was slightly aggravated afterwords with the way this played out. They could not really truthfully answer that because it would have gone against their arguement.

Just a little put off on this one.

I hope their self-righteous anti-constitutional attitude will save them if they ever confront a psychopath like Lanza on the street. Hope you're not unfortunate enough to have to defend their sorry sheepish hides.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This is what happens when people make every tragedy a personal tragedy because the magical glowing box shows it.

Are they so upset about the thousands of children who die painfully of starvation and disease because their country is poor and lacks the most basic sanitation? Do they blame themselves when for less than they pay for cable television they could provide for some of those children? No. Because they are nameless and faceless to their suffering matters not to us.

Ask them how they feel about over eating on the holidays when this happens around the world:
    22120d1221760021-starving-child-vulture-photograph-nilgunyalcin_childvulture.jpg

How can they stand by and let that happen? Basically the same argument as getting ticked at you for what happened in some school in another state that you have zero connection to.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Wow... @the OP...

This just reaffirms my suspicion that the "other side" thinks that gun owners are less affected by this tragedy than the gun grabbers. Their solution is logical to them because they are uninformed IMHO... good luck grabbing 300 million guns! Alot more than 26 people will lose their lives I'm sure....

They are so far off base....

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I have had a similar issue although it has been on social media websites like Facebook. Friend and acquaintances all know my stance on firearms so they intentionally attack me as though I were the on who personally provided this jughead with the guns he used in this massacre. I ended one argument with several anti-gunners with the question " If you had the choice between watching a person execute your 5 yr-old child or taking action with a firearm how many of you would choose to watch?" Funny not a single response from the anti-gunners. I guess firearms are ok when it comes to protecting only your own child.:n00b:

Stealing that question and posting on my FB! :-)

Top Bottom