• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    So, I have a related question. At least it is in my pea sized tech brain.
    Is “never” logging out a bad idea? Sometimes I actually quit my browser and turn my WiFi off. Once every few months I’ll turn my computer off. (Mac mini user here)
    I don’t remember the last time I had to log in. Probably the last time INGO updated? Last winter?
    I also use it on my phone, actually mostly, sometimes simultaneously with desktop, and never log off on it either.
    Does this make me more vulnerable?

If you don't have two step authentication turned on, then I would say it really doesn't matter. Leave your devices logged in forever and as long as you control the device itself (and the software on it) you're at no more risk, IMO.

But... I never log into anything on my phone, ever. I even have another device in the house, which never leaves the house, for the stuff I do I have to log into.

I'm more worried about losing my physical phone and someone backdooring it than I am anything that pretty much lives at home. I know most people treat their phones as I do my PCs (doing banking and such), but that's not me.

---

Texkev went full Stalin treatment on this one,

So... We're all about to die? :scared:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    My luggage locks don't have letters. :dunno:

I can't get to my wallet because some 5 year old took my open carry piece and then the cops confiscated it and then they sent the boner drone over. The only thing worse, is Burger King. -1 for Burger King.

Anyone who even gets one part of that right is legit. Only a real Denny would get them all...
    What about twigs and berries? Twigs and berries works too.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder if the thief planned their timing to not get the add pulled before the most amount of takers? Just prior to Sunday midnight, hoping all mods and admin were tucked in for the night?

Wonder what time and day the other attempts were made?

Wonder how many of these attempts have been successful? Also wonder the outcome of turnerdie1's claim with paypal?

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Occifer Maxey just retired.
    Wow. It's been almost a year already.

Post #386

MRockwell

Just Me
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield

This could be why @texkev was on top of it. Seems like other web forums are experiencing hacked accounts also, and the whole PP for Too-Good-To-Be-True priced ammo/etc. is the M.O.

Over on TGT, the hacker was pretty sophisticated. Hacked a mods account, then used that account to vouch for the hacked account of the seller of the bogus for-sale item; all the while banning any user who discovered the scam and tried to warn others.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Wow. It's been almost a year already.

Post #386

I do remember seeing that. Thanks for the link, it was good to finish out the thread. For now. Since there’s a fresh link up expect more comments from those who don’t see the date.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

This could be why @texkev was on top of it. Seems like other web forums are experiencing hacked accounts also, and the whole PP for Too-Good-To-Be-True priced ammo/etc. is the M.O.

Over on TGT, the hacker was pretty sophisticated. Hacked a mods account, then used that account to vouch for the hacked account of the seller of the bogus for-sale item; all the while banning any user who discovered the scam and tried to warn others.
    Thanks for the update!

Wow...

That thread is huge. 4 times as big as ours.

Looks like they had quite a lot of members stung.

I'm only halfway through reading the Texas thread, but there is a lot of info there that isn't posted here.

One comment was that this is a huge hack across the web on sites running software that these do?

Another poster over there references that the thief is in Kenya?

Some posters over there blaming the hack on PayPal. That doesn't make sense to me. I think they are mistaken. :twocents:

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Seems like administrative and mod accounts should be required to use MFA. Pretty standard for other administrative functions in IT (more and more places do conditional access for all users and evaluate where you are logging in from, etc and then may prompt for MFA).

Don't want to make mods lives harder, but with great power comes...

Last edited:

MRockwell

Just Me
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    One comment was that this is a huge hack across the web on sites running software that these do?
    From what I read, yes, this is happening on many different sites across the web(not sure about the software thing).
    Another poster over there references that the thief is in Kenya?
    Yeah, I caught that also. Dang, it's usually them dudes trying to give us money!

Top Bottom