• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glocktime855

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    muncie
    Two rounds of Corbon gr300 damage my RRA458 upper!! RRA tech said he did't know what's the problem. Im not the first person that is having problems, im sending it back Monday ! No telling how long it will take! He did tell me it only people shooting Corbon gr300 jhp. "Tell everyone shooting a RRA 458 upper to stay away from it",untill they fix the problem. He said cor-bon and they are in contact trying to find a soultion wether the ammo, upper or both together!!!! :( deer season starts tomorrow

Last edited:

glocktime855

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    muncie
    It somehow twisted my bolt coming out and literally sheared the lugs of my bolt and sheared the metal of the lugs The upper. The second round was stuck in the chamber and had to tap on Bolt it get the 2 round out. now its is jacked ill post pic here later gotta get ready to hunt with my bow :(

Last edited:

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    A buddy of mine had this same problem this week. Brand new RRA in 458 and the second shot of Cor-Bon ammo locked the bolt up tight like it has been welded. RRA advised him they have had multiple reports recently and it seems that Cor-Bon is aware there is a major problem with their ammo according to my buddy who had a conversation with Cor-Bon staff two days ago.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If you call Cor Bon they blame Rock River, apparently they've been having chamber reaming issues (tight, inconsistent chambers)

Cor Bon isn't recalling any of the ammo, they said they've had 0 problems out of other companies 458 rifles, just Rock's.

Hard telling where the issue is. Cor Bon blames Rock, Rock blames Cor Bon.

Sorry to hear about your rifle

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Id say rock rivers fault. Never heard of any other issues with any other 458 rifles with corbon. I've been looking into 458 rifles recently and have seen this issue a couple of places.

338sniper

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    I had the same issue with locking up my bolt. Had to use a screw driver to free it. Scarred up my upper pretty bad. Are they fixing the guns?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Bah, it's NOT Corbon. It's RRA. Mine was super tight when I got it too. Although I don't know how the hell you sheared off bolt lugs. That's nuts! I had two brands of ammo and they both FTE due to cases stuck in the chamber. I shot it out and now it runs perfect with the three brands of ammo I have (Corbon, SBR & the Indy 1500 blue box guy).

I'll lease you my upper so you can hunt. It'll take a BIG deposit though. :cool:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    "My head hurts enough without trying to decipher the OP's first and second post. A little better writing would do worlds of good. "

Harley rider say's: It don't mean nothin. .

LOL

glocktime855

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    muncie
    Bad part is I had two boxes of sbr but I had more of cor bon . Yeah im going to look into Andrew s ammo when,, when I get mine back from RRA!!

Top Bottom