• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I wear a tank under my shirt or carry at 4 oclock in my OWB with a loose fitting shirt.

My 1911 was a BEAR to carry due to the serrations on the hammer digging in. I now carry a glock :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I do the same thing. A tank top style t xhirt under the normal shirt keeps the gun off of my skin. Also, I have switched to carrying a Glock this summer where as last summer was a CZ 75 Compact. The CZ would rust up if it got sweaty where as the Glock does not seem to mind.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Typically I just wear a white tank-top-under-shirt and tuck it in. That way my holster isn't on my skin. Then put a regular tank or t-shirt over that. It works fine.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    If you have a holster that isn't cut to expose the grip, you can put moleskin on the back of the holster, that's what I do.

If your holster is cut such that the handgun grip is exposed, not much short of an undershirt will help.

I wear my 'combat cut' holsters without an undershirt sometimes and it's just fine. You can always wrap the grip in grip tape and sand the contact points smooth where it touches your body. This is how I carry my shield. Talon grips, inside portion sanded almost smooth with 120 grit sandpaper.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Gen 3 Glock with a Galco King Tuk and it is not an issue for me. I carry IWB with just a t shirt pulled over it.

wlkjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    I quit wearing undershirts 40 years ago when I got married. Now I just bite the bullet so to speak. Try a different holster.

JBTate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    S.E. Indiana
    When it's super hot like this weekend and I can only handle a single T-shirt, I pocket carry the LCP. Might be a little under armed according to some, but it's comfortable and therefore ALWAYS with me.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Pocket carry the J frame - yep
    Tucked in white undershirt with untucked polo - yep
    Glock in kydex holster and untucked t shirt, let the sweat run on gun - yep
    1911 OWB with T-shirt tucked in, light unbuttoned cover shirt - yep
    Moleskin on the Comptac - have not tried that yet, will though

ozzie839

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    Columbus
    When it's super hot like this weekend and I can only handle a single T-shirt, I pocket carry the LCP. Might be a little under armed according to some, but it's comfortable and therefore ALWAYS with me.

been thinking about an LCP for summertime carry, the FNX in the super tuck is hard to not print with normal t shirts, button ups and loose polos are fine but wear a fitted t-shirt and its a no go

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    been thinking about an LCP for summertime carry, the FNX in the super tuck is hard to not print with normal t shirts, button ups and loose polos are fine but wear a fitted t-shirt and its a no go

You have a physique to wear a fitted shirt? Congrats! :): Around Seymour I see a lot of shirts that are way too tight around the mid section.

If you like T shirts just tuck it in and wear the super tuck. WalMart here in town has Wrangler light weight collared button down shirts. The subtle patterns break up a guns shape. Very light weight shirts. East to take the shirt on and off.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    You can always knock down rough grips with some sandpaper. I sanded the grips on my PF-9 so they aren't uncomfortable with the belt clip option.. Aside from that, I pocket carry in the summer. Spring, Fall and Winter are a t-shirt under another shirt or outer garment.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I do the same thing. A tank top style t xhirt under the normal shirt keeps the gun off of my skin. Also, I have switched to carrying a Glock this summer where as last summer was a CZ 75 Compact. The CZ would rust up if it got sweaty where as the Glock does not seem to mind.

This. Although I don't usually carry a GLOCK, they are pretty tough in the finish VS sweat department.......

Good luck! :ingo:

jjc330

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    nei
    I carry a Kimber tactical-pro II with a clipdraw in the small of my back . No problems carrying or covering with just a untucked shirt .

Top Bottom