• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The United States will most likely remain in a "State of War" for the rest of its existence. The troops will never be allowed to come home and Military-Industrial Complex will continue to run our government the way it would like. The Establishment will continue to waste our money and blood on keeping the fear alive, while simultaneously tightening the noose on our liberty.

Americans are being taught to adopt and embrace all the exceptions to the U.S. Constitution that are associated with "wartime." Breaking the constitution is simply the "new normal." Indefinite detention is the new normal. Torture is the new normal. Summary execution is the new normal. People who conspire against the State do not deserve trials. We are at war, deal with it. Learn to love it. Participate in it.

A whole generation of young people will grow up with the constant reminder of danger from faceless terrorists. These conditioned people will welcome government into their lives in order to make them feel safer them from the danger.

And in our lifetime, when it is politically convenient, we will see violent "insurgents" showing up at home. The conditioned slaves will cry out for more protection. Imagine a domestic Al Qaeda group that looks like "Americans", has no home-base, walking among us. The "new normal" of the justice system will be to dish out summary executions of anyone the state deems to be a terrorist. Public servants will want to be the next hero who executes a terrorist, so they can be respected just like Seal Team 6. The entire concept of justice will continue to morph before our eyes, as the terror events continue to remind us why we "need" a Police State.

This is the slope we are [STRIKE]sliding[/STRIKE] sledding down. The stage is set. The precedents have been made. This War on Terror will destroy everything that remains of our liberty.

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    The United States will most likely remain in a "State of War" for the rest of its existence. The troops will never be allowed to come home and Military-Industrial Complex will continue to run our government the way it would like. The Establishment will continue to waste our money and blood on keeping the fear alive, while simultaneously tightening the noose on our liberty.

Americans are being taught to adopt and embrace all the exceptions to the U.S. Constitution that are associated with "wartime." Breaking the constitution is simply the "new normal." Indefinite detention is the new normal. Torture is the new normal. Summary execution is the new normal. People who conspire against the State do not deserve trials. We are at war, deal with it. Learn to love it. Participate in it.

A whole generation of young people will grow up with the constant reminder of danger from faceless terrorists. These conditioned people will welcome government into their lives in order to make them feel safer them from the danger.

And in our lifetime, when it is politically convenient, we will see violent "insurgents" showing up at home. The conditioned slaves will cry out for more protection. Imagine a domestic Al Qaeda group that looks like "Americans", has no home-base, walking among us. The "new normal" of the justice system will be to dish out summary executions of anyone the state deems to be a terrorist. Public servants will want to be the next hero who executes a terrorist, so they can be respected just like Seal Team 6. The entire concept of justice will continue to morph before our eyes, as the terror events continue to remind us why we "need" a Police State.

This is the slope we are [STRIKE]sliding[/STRIKE] sledding down. The stage is set. The precedents have been made. This War on Terror will destroy everything that remains of our liberty.

U.S. citizens have Constitutional rights. Therefore they are entitled to a fair trial. Muslim terrorists do not have Constitutional rights. All they are entitled to is buckets of water poured down their noses, a bullet to the head, or both.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    U.S. citizens have Constitutional rights. Therefore they are entitled to a fair trial. Muslim terrorists do not have Constitutional rights. All they are entitled to is buckets of water poured down their noses, a bullet to the head, or both.

How about Christian terrorists? Or do you only believe that Muslims can be terrorists (which wouldnt surprize me)?

Drunken Yak inc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Osceola, IN
    How about Christian terrorists? Or do you only believe that Muslims can be terrorists (which wouldnt surprize me)?

A terrorist, is a terrorist, is a terrorist... What ever their ignorant, extremest view of a religion is doesn't matter. We have full right to execute a [STRIKE]citizen[/STRIKE] terrorist of this country when it involves treason, so why not execute a mass-murdering terrorist that wants to destroy our country?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A terrorist, is a terrorist, is a terrorist... What ever their ignorant, extremest view of a religion is doesn't matter. We have full right to execute a [STRIKE]citizen[/STRIKE] terrorist of this country when it involves treason, so why not execute a mass-murdering terrorist that wants to destroy our country?
    That all sounds great until you remember that the government thinks you are a terrorist.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    That all sounds great until you remember that the government thinks you are a terrorist.

Does terrorist/terrorism have any legal definition in US code? I'm asking because I don't know. I don't recall any charges of terrorism levied against defendants. Most charges are more specific and in line with other criminal law.

I see it this way: Home-grown terrorists, as they say, are committing crimes. Foreign terrorists are committing acts of war. The response to each is pretty cut and dry. Or it should be. But I'm known to have a hyper-developed sense of right and wrong in these cases.

Drunken Yak inc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Osceola, IN

This is true, and our forefathers where terrorists against the crown...

If we attempted to overthrow the government, and lost, then we should be tried as terrorists. However, if we win, then I believe they should be tried as terrorists also.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    In a republic, no man is above the law, and no man is below it.

The only thing I have left to conclude is that we are officially not a republic and beginning to embrace the idea.
    So are you saying the military needs to be more like the police?
    Is this the question you are demanding another answer to? I thought I already clarified what I said.

If you want more of my opinions, consider this.

Raiding suspected criminals' homes is the job of police. There was no combat in that quiet Pakistani neighborhood that the SEALs raided. If military is going to do the job of police then they should follow police guidelines. Bottom line is that Osama Bin Laden should have been apprehended by local authorities, just like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, architect of 9/11.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    Is this the question you are demanding another answer to? I thought I already clarified what I said.

If you want more of my opinions, consider this.

Raiding suspected criminals' homes is the job of police. There was no combat in that quiet Pakistani neighborhood that the SEALs raided. If military is going to do the job of police then they should follow police guidelines. Bottom line is that Osama Bin Laden should have been apprehended by local authorities, just like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, architect of 9/11.

So that is your problem, that it was the US military instead of some local cops? I glad you wish that a bunch of cops would get killed to keep your "ethics" in tact. Do you even know how many local cops and military have been killed by Osama Bin Laden's people? Thousands of local police and military have been killed, there is no way they would arrest him. It was a death sentence.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Does terrorist/terrorism have any legal definition in US code? I'm asking because I don't know. I don't recall any charges of terrorism levied against defendants. Most charges are more specific and in line with other criminal law.

Heres a good site to check out

United States Code: Title 18,CHAPTER 113B—TERRORISM | LII / Legal Information Institute

... Oh, and dont forget people, bullies can be considered terrorists also. So if your kids a bully and you support murdering terrorists without a trial :dunno:

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    I have no problem with the way osama was killed, don't care if he was shot in the head one time or filled with holes, if any of his bitc## were trying to cover for him and died to bad;), the man killed almost 3,000 people in this country and who knows how many overseas. If there was a warrent issued for my arrest for mass murder with a no-knock attachment do any of you really think you would I or you would be hauled out of your house anyother way other than feet first!!!! Get the hell over it, the war will continue, don't matter what we do, there will always be people who don't like us:xmad:, pull all our troops home, stop giving out money to all these countrys, line the borders with our troops, tell the world to FUC% OFF!!!!!!
    Protect our country, be like the swiss and israel wepons in every home to protect yourself and home land. :twocents:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Actually it does mean something. It sets an ugly precedent that countries no longer have to respect a sovereign nations rights. Dont forget, we are peoples enemies also, we arent the good guys to everyone.
    Actually Pakistan had agreed to support us in several activities inside their Country. ;)

I find it incredibly ironic that Saddam Hussein received a trial yet Bin Laden didnt? Maybe someone can point out why we took Saddam to trial, but not Bin Laden?
    Saddam surrendered as he came out of the hole he was living in (actually quite literally)...
    Osama (from what I understand) did not even attempt a Surrender. Even to the Point of placing someone between him and Harm's Way at the end, if I remember correctly...

The difference might appear slight to you, however on the World Stage it is Massive...

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    I have no problem with how he was killed. He woke up that day thinking it was just another day in hiding, On september 11 those people woke up thinking they would have normal flights.

I must ask you something Rambone, Do you ever post stuff about guns on this site anymore, or is this political section your stage?

Top Bottom