• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kycrawler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    From te sounds of things the lee aniversary kit will get you where you want to be to start out the kits is about 100-150 and comes with everything but dies and components . This kit will get you started and you can upgrade from there i have loaded many thousands of rounds with a lee kit i bought 15 years ago

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Just a quick note. You say you have been saving up spent brass for awhile. If it is all from the same rifle, you can go with just the neck sizing die. If it's from various rifles then you will need the full length sizing die to allow for proper chamber fit.

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Just a quick note. You say you have been saving up spent brass for awhile. If it is all from the same rifle, you can go with just the neck sizing die. If it's from various rifles then you will need the full length sizing die to allow for proper chamber fit.

yeah the brass shot from the same rifle and will be shot out of that rifle only.

psalm147.5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    Bargersville
    Reloading

All in all for you reloading afficianados, compared to the over inflated ammunition so Obam-a-dumb-dumb can move towards attacking our gun rights ammunition prices, with the supplies and tools is it cost effective to load your own ammo and how much ammo would you say you have to shoot annually to make it cost effective?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    There is a graph somewhere to figure out the cost.

I shoot .308 mostly. Which is cost inhibitive to shoot with it be a buck a round. I can make nearly match for around half that.

I enjoy working up a load almost as much as shooting a new gun.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    You can save from 50%-70% over factory ammo when you reload. It depends on caliber and what type of bullet you use, i.e. jacketed, plated or lead. If you cast your own bullets, you can save even more.

Top Bottom