• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Tonight is my last work night until November 4th. After that I can meet up with you virtually any day since I work overnights, or you are welcome to ride along one night and we can talk then.

wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    Ok I don't live close enough to Indy to even consider becoming an applicant, but, this thread has been a very good read and has done a lot for the apprehension I have been feeling about becoming a LEO!

Also shout out to the folks of the law enforcement and fire and ambulance community! I know it is sometimes a thankless job so thank you Men and Women!

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    It has been a great profession that I've had for many years. I'm not some jack boot thug or on an ego trip. It's called helping your community. I've been shot at, stabbed at, spit on and too many other things to remember. Catching a burglar (or worse) makes it great. The lows are pulling injured people out of wrecked vehicles or seeing the filth that normal people don't see or want to see. Seeing unfit parents who would rather smoke meth rather than put food on the table is an everyday event. I've actually cooked dinner for a four year old because we couldn't find his father and the child was left in his apartment for hours by himself. The job isn't for everyone. It doesn't take a genius to be an officer just one who can focus on right vs. wrong.

Thanks for putting the application notice on the board.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    We do it that waybecause more and more applicants are applying from out of state.

Have you noticed the mindset of the applicants over the years? I walked out to do roll call last week and about 90% were on their iphones playing games or sending texts. They send you messages about requesting days off vs. in person. It's like we work for them and at their convenience.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Have you noticed the mindset of the applicants over the years? I walked out to do roll call last week and about 90% were on their iphones playing games or sending texts. They send you messages about requesting days off vs. in person. It's like we work for them and at their convenience.
    It isn't just the police dept., they are everywhere !!!!!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Lol. don't get me started on iphones in roll call.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I remember (short story) years ago going in to my lieutens's officer to ask for a "comp" day. He was a salty guy. He asked "what do yo want"? I started to ask and his phone rang. He said hold on and answered it. The conversation was evidently someone calling in sick for 3rd shift. He said "I don't give a f***, put a diaper on and get your a** in here tonight". He hung up and asked me what I wanted. I said "oh, nothing" and left.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

There is definitely an entitlement attitude with some rookies these days.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I remember (short story) years ago going in to my lieutens's officer to ask for a "comp" day. He was a salty guy. He asked "what do yo want"? I started to ask and his phone rang. He said hold on and answered it. The conversation was evidently someone calling in sick for 3rd shift. He said "I don't give a f***, put a diaper on and get your a** in here tonight". He hung up and asked me what I wanted. I said "oh, nothing" and left.

I still feel weird about asking for unscheduled days off.

Top Bottom