• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Well I was told that they were trying to speed-along this process and having a written test date of 2ish weeks after applications close sure is a sign that this info is correct!!

Good luck to all that applied!

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Is there an eyesite requirement, besides the color-blind thing? Good luck guys. I took the written test for the Chicago Police 25 years ago, had good scores, but by the time they called me I was in school for something else and just gave it up.

dbowles22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2013
    Long Island
    Does anyone have information on IMPD Ride Alongs? I signed up to take the test Saturday, November 2 in the afternoon and I have some free time Saturday evening while I'm in town.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Looks like I'm out of this hiring process :(
    I won't be home from this deployment until the end of November, and the latest testing day is the first weekend of November.

Maybe next time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    My pastor suggested that I join as a police officer earlier this year. *shudder* It takes a certain kind of person to be willing to deal with the kind of people you folks have to put up with. That doesn't describe me in any way. I'll stick with the military.

Good luck to all who apply!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Not trying to kill hopes or bash in any way, but my Impd "testing" experience went on for almost a year.

The written is just the start of a long road, full of ups and downs - just like life.

HANG in there and hold on.

Mine took 2 years :n00b:

They are looking to start a class by June so this one should move pretty quick. :twocents:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Does anyone know if there is a way to prep for the panel interview? I always get nervous during panel interviews and that's where my undoing is.

I don't know what the questions are now, but when I went through the process in 2001 there were questions about community policing so know that concept. Also you should be able to give examples of solving problems using your training and experience. You don't have to have any prior LE experience however. VUPD should be able to give you more recent examples but understand we can't (and shouldn't) give you all the answers.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Yeah I wont tell any of the exact questions but I am more than happy to sit down with anyone and talk about HOW to answer the questions.

That would be awesome if you were willing to do so. Thanks. I've interviewed for MCSD before and I get kind of nervous during interviews like that. I understand you can't talk about what they ask, but tips on how to answer questions would be welcome.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Does anyone know if there is a way to prep for the panel interview? I always get nervous during panel interviews and that's where my undoing is.

I applaud your confidence. However, when and if you cross that bridge remember to answer each question with the three E's. Experience, Employment, and Education.

Do that, and you'll have a good interview.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    That would be awesome if you were willing to do so. Thanks. I've interviewed for MCSD before and I get kind of nervous during interviews like that. I understand you can't talk about what they ask, but tips on how to answer questions would be welcome.

There are anchor words that the interviewers are looking for in your answers. Don't give short answers, make sure you are as thorough as possible.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    ok. let me know a general availability of yours and we can work something out.

I'm not available at all this week, but I generally have Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays off. So whichever one of those days coincide, will work for me.

There are anchor words that the interviewers are looking for in your answers. Don't give short answers, make sure you are as thorough as possible.

That's what I heard from an ex-employer who used to work for MCSD, but he wouldn't talk about any of the words. He kept referring me to a book, but he couldn't remember the name of the book.

Top Bottom