• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Hey just trying to get some feedback on the Walther PPQ, considering a Glock 34 or 35 just for target fun but keep hearing great things about the PPQ. I have Glocks and really enjoy them but would really enjoy some feedback from others more experienced with these guns. Thanks:cool:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have shot a PPQ one time. It was a good shooting gun. I do own a P99 and they were fine example of a polymer pistol.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    The PPQ is a very nicely made and reliable pistol. I have one with close to 3k through it, that has been used in a bunch of IDPA matches. Trigger is really nice and clean. There are two variations the original has the European paddle style (under trigger guard) magazine release, and the M2 has the standard American magazine release that you would expect. The PPQ also comes in a longer 5" slide length. There really isn't anything bad that I can say about it...I guess it just depends on how much you like your Glocks. If you can rent one at a local range I would give it a shot ;)

guitslinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I have the 4" PPQ M1 and love it. Well made, accurate, reliable pistol. Love the trigger...very smooth, clean break and very short, positive reset. Mine has about 5k through it without a single malfunction. Mags used to be expensive/hard to find when I got mine, but now are really available online for about $30. Hard to go wrong with the PPQ.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My P99 is in 40. The PPQ I shot was 9mm. Dimensions/grip/bore axis is similar. I would recommend the 9mm in the Walther line up. The gun sits high enough that the 40 cartridge torques in the hand a bit.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I purchased a PPQ M2 in January and have run about 500-600 rounds through it without a single problem. It's an aesthetically pleasing, performance is top tier and I absolutely love the trigger. It does seem to have a bit more recoil than an average 9mm though. I've shot my buddy's G17 a few times and also another friend's Beretta and both seem to kick just a bit less than the PPQ. Overall I think the gun is great and honestly haven't heard too many bad things at all about it. Would definitely recommend.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Perceived recoil is more because the gun is relatively tall and sits higher in the hand them say a Glock or M&P. Pumper is lighter then the metal Beretta.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    From a HK fan, that just picked up the VP9. After a few days and a couple hundred down both my PPQ (which has ~1500 total, flawless rounds) & the VP9, I'd take the PPQ (mines M1) over the VP9. The VP9 feels slightly better in hand, but PPQ Trigger is just phenomenal. I wanted to prefer the VP9, but the PPQ, I shoot more accurately & faster. I highly recommend them. Mine is 9mm

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Just picked up a PPQ from my FFL. It melts in my hand. I have a couple Glocks that may end up in the classifieds. Can't believe I just said that :) Guess I'll see how she shoots before I do something I might regret.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Sounds like I am going to have to rent the PPQ because they sound awfully nice and check that trigger out. Any opinions on the barrel length, 4 or 5 inch?

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    The PPQ is a wonderful pistol and accurate as can be right out of the box.
    I have a 4" 9mm M2 and it carrys a lot like my Glock19, the barrel is just a little longer.
    A friend of mine has the 5" version and it's crazy accurate too.
    Get one, you won't regret it.
    20130725-PPQ.jpg

sopwith21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Please post your thoughts on the PPQ if you get it! I'd be anxious to hear.

I haven't shot one yet, but good long term experiences with the PPK/S and P99 (9mm) have made me a Walther fan.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    The PPQ is on my short list of guns to get, but I've never held one or even seen one in person yet. I even tried *gasp* gander mountain yesterday just because they might actually have had one to see, but no, they too had none.

Have ver to find a shop that stocks them, being way down in Monroe county make stopping by the old local shop kind of hard, as there are not really any to stop at.... At least not for walther.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    well I am lucky that the gun range that I go to actually have both the 4 and 5 inch barrel PPQs in stock and after several hours of reading reviews and all the positive feedback from everyone here think I will bite the bullet and get the 5 inch PPQ on the way to work. Man making a decision on a new pistol my be worse then shopping for a new car!psyko

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    well I am lucky that the gun range that I go to actually have both the 4 and 5 inch barrel PPQs in stock and after several hours of reading reviews and all the positive feedback from everyone here think I will bite the bullet and get the 5 inch PPQ on the way to work. Man making a decision on a new pistol my be worse then shopping for a new car!psyko

Congrats when you pick it up, you won't regret it. I picked up the 5" version from USDS a few months back and absolutely love it. The trigger is the best of any polymer gun I've tried and it's amazingly accurate. Mine is absolutely my favorite gun, even beating out my G34. :)

PPQGUY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Danville
    As my screen name might imply, I'm a bit biased towards the PPQ. Everything you've heard about the great trigger is absolutely true as are the comments regarding how it feels in your hand; it comes with 3 different backstraps like the Glock. The sights are good but not great; the rear sight has a windage adjustment, but it is a plastic sight. When upgrading to a low light sight, I found some manufacturers didn't have a PPQ specific model, but soon learned you can use sights for the Walther P99. Some custom holster makers don't have a PPQ mold so if you have a favorite holster you might want to ensure they have a PPQ product. If you are even a little bit unhappy with the PPQ, it won't take you long to find a buyer for it.

Good luck and welcome to the PPQ fan club

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Hey thanks a lot just bought it this morning and should pick it up tomorrow or Friday. Which sites would you recommend ? I have tru glows on my Glocks and love them.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    When I first picked up my PPQ M1 40S&W, a beam of light broke through the ceiling of the LGS and engulfed my hand. As I raised it off the counter, I could hear the angel chorus singing.

Yeah, I like mine.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom