• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    PPQ = best trigger on any polymer gun. (at least until the H&K VP9 hits the streets). Seriously the PPQ is a dream to shoot. I have not noticed the increased felt recoil that is mentioned. Yes a higher bore axis should mean more felt recoil. But in my opinion you have to very recoil sensitive to notice it. Looking forward to shooting a H&K VP9, rumored to have a trigger that rivals the PPQ.

Edit: Today - 10 Aug 2014 I bought a VP9. It is a great striker fired gun. The trigger however is not as smooth or as crisp as a PPQ. I have only shot the HK V9 once and put 50 rounds thru it but I don't think it will replace my PPQ.

Last edited:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    PPQ = best trigger on any polymer gun. (at least until the H&K V9 hits the streets). Seriously the PPQ is a dream to shoot. I have not noticed the increased felt recoil that is mentioned. Yes a higher bore axis should mean more felt recoil. But in my opinion you have to very recoil sensitive to notice it. Looking forward to shooting a H&K V9, rumored to have a trigger that rivals the PPQ.

PPQ trigger is lighter and breaks crisper than the VP9.

PPQGUY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Danville
    Hey thanks a lot just bought it this morning and should pick it up tomorrow or Friday. Which sites would you recommend ? I have tru glows on my Glocks and love them.

I went with the Trijicon Bright and Tough sights. I've only shot a couple of times since I installed them and I'm not sure if I'm a big fan. One issue I'm having is it's getting harder to focus on the front sight post as I grow older; I may have to switch to aligning the 3 dots instead. However, that's probably a subject for a completely different thread.

I will say these sights were extremely easy to install - almost half of my 35 minute install time was spent trying to start the front sight post screw.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I went with the Trijicon Bright and Tough sights. I've only shot a couple of times since I installed them and I'm not sure if I'm a big fan. One issue I'm having is it's getting harder to focus on the front sight post as I grow older; I may have to switch to aligning the 3 dots instead. However, that's probably a subject for a completely different thread.

I will say these sights were extremely easy to install - almost half of my 35 minute install time was spent trying to start the front sight post screw.
    Yea the focus part is my problem, but after reading your response probably will research more. Thanks

Top Bottom