• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Why is this a must? I've held one. I want one. Yet I'm not sure what this does that every other polymer on planet Earth can't do. Anyone know?

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    I think that what everybody raves about on the PPQ is the excellent ergonomics and the awesome trigger. Other than that, it's simply another polymer frame pistol. An excellent pistol and a solid choice, to be sure, but there are quite a few excellent pistols out there.

Also, it's a different flavor than the typical boring Glock/XD/M&P pistols. Never underestimate the appeal of something different.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    I think that what everybody raves about on the PPQ is the excellent ergonomics and the awesome trigger. Other than that, it's simply another polymer frame pistol. An excellent pistol and a solid choice, to be sure, but there are quite a few excellent pistols out there.

Also, it's a different flavor than the typical boring Glock/XD/M&P pistols. Never underestimate the appeal of something different.
    Indeed. Something different is the spice of life. When I held one, I wanted to buy it immediately. But besides aesthetics and ergonomics, I can't sanction buying anything without finding a purpose for it first. Oh well...

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Indeed. Something different is the spice of life. When I held one, I wanted to buy it immediately. But besides aesthetics and ergonomics, I can't sanction buying anything without finding a purpose for it first. Oh well...

I'm the same way. I consider polymer frame pistols to be workhorses, great tools for carry and defense. But if I'm going to spend money on something for pure enjoyment and pride of ownership, I'm going with something else.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    I'm the same way. I consider polymer frame pistols to be workhorses, great tools for carry and defense. But if I'm going to spend money on something for pure enjoyment and pride of ownership, I'm going with something else.
    Agreed. Sig Sauer, 1911, a fine Smith and Wesson, not a fancy Glock with german trappings.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Well lets see. Arguably the best out of the box trigger on a polymer pistol, laser accuracy and fantastic ergonomics. What's not to like?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Well lets see. Arguably the best out of the box trigger on a polymer pistol, laser accuracy and fantastic ergonomics. What's not to like?
    I know! Which why it's very tempting. Though I already have things that fill that function. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm waiting until holster and aftermarket sights availability approaches those for the Glocks and until magazines get to $20. Then I might give it a try!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Agreed. I don't want it till I can wear it.

It's like the Ruger SR9. It's probably the slimmest high capacity polymer gun with the easiest to reach trigger ever. The trigger pull is actually quite good too.

But . . . only a smattering of holsters and none are the reasonably priced injection molded items that you can get quickly and for less than $50.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    :orly:

Both Fobus and Blackhawk offer inexpensive polymer holsters for the SR9.

Fobus doesn't count as a holster. Heh. Actually, I got one with the gun when I acquired it. I can't pull the gun out of it without getting a massive wedgie. Yeah, I know I can drill out the rivets and add spacers and screws, but I'm not gonna do it.

Didn't know about the Blackhawk. I should have been more specific too and added "IWB" in the assertion.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Is Fobus actually considered polymer?

And I agree with the lack of accessories and expensive mags for the PPQ. That's part of the reason my carry gun is a Glock 19.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Didn't know about the Blackhawk. I should have been more specific too and added "IWB" in the assertion.

Who makes a polymer IWB holster costing less than $50 for *any* pistol? We carry the Galco Triton and Double Time for certain models, but those are right on the borderline price-wise.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Fobus doesn't count as a holster. Heh. Actually, I got one with the gun when I acquired it. I can't pull the gun out of it without getting a massive wedgie.

I typically clip a holster to the waistband of my pants, rather than my underwear.

PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    The more I shoot my PPQ..the more I love it. The trigger is great and while I wasn't sure about the mag release when I bought the gun, I actually think I prefer it to conventional releases. (now that I have trained on it a bit) Magazines are expensive though...$40-50 a pop. Best ergos of any gun I own except my CZ-75s. Just a really nice pistol...polymer or otherwise.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Why is this a must? I've held one. I want one. Yet I'm not sure what this does that every other polymer on planet Earth can't do. Anyone know?

It is my favorite pistol because it is sexy, but NO, it doesn't really do anything different/better than other pistols in its class. I don't notice the trigger reset, since I never once had a pistol not reset.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom