• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    The more I shoot my PPQ..the more I love it. The trigger is great and while I wasn't sure about the mag release when I bought the gun, I actually think I prefer it to conventional releases. (now that I have trained on it a bit) Magazines are expensive though...$40-50 a pop. Best ergos of any gun I own except my CZ-75s. Just a really nice pistol...polymer or otherwise.

I believe it takes Magnum Research Baby Eagle magazines, which you can get for about $25 each. I have two and they work flawlessly. I hear this complaint a lot, and don't know why, except that the name brand ones cost a lot, but do a Google search...

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    It is my favorite pistol because it is sexy, but NO, it doesn't really do anything different/better than other pistols in its class. I don't notice the trigger reset, since I never once had a pistol not reset.

By reset people are talking about the point where the trigger is engaged and ready to fire again.

Kahrs work much like a DAO revolver, you have to completley let off the trigger before you can touch off another round.

Glocks on the other hand don't. The trigger resets about 1/4 of the way foward, so instead of going all the way forward you can move just a bit forward and touch off another round. the reset on a glock is audible, and tactile, many pistols it is not.

try this,

unload your PPQ, pull the trigger, hold it rearward, rack the slide, then let off the trigger slowly until you feel/hear a click, pull the trigger at this point, it will go off.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Yea, I know. It has a short reset. I'm saying none of my other pistols, like M&P for example, have ever NOT reset. If it doesn't reset, you can't fire a second shot, so I'd know if I needed a shorter reset. The reset is the only major difference from a user standpoint between, say a M&P and a PPQ.

I love the gun, but I'm not going to lie and say it is something you need--unless you have trigger reset issues, then yea. It shoots as well as my other guns for sure, but I cannot technical say it is superior. Although the craftsmanship (especially internally) is probably superior.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    People like the short reset as it helps them shoot more accurately or faster. not because they didn't have other pistols reset, just they couldn't tell when they did, so with things like an XD or M&p they had to compeletly cycle the trigger.

ranger justus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have a 9mm PPQ and enjoy it each time I shoot it. It has been fired over 12,000 times since I bought it in May of this year. Has never had any miss fires or loading problems.

DMNewton69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    In my opinion the PPQ is like a glock 19 on steroids. It has the best out of the box trigger I've ever shot, the reset on the trigger is a tenth of an inch, it is deadly accurate, and it feels like it was made for my hand. I carry mine in a crossbread super tuck and it feels like it isn't even there. Crossbread makes the holster specifically for the ppq so its a perfect fit. Another good thing is that just about everything that works for the p99 works for the ppq. Lets just say if you get this gun you won't be disappointed

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I carry mine in a Safariland ALS 6378 meant for a Walther P99. It fits great but the ALS lock inside the holster has dinged up the pitiful soft front sight.

I like shooting it but I've gone back to my Steyr for daily carry.

Top Bottom