• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Not sure if I am just missing it, but it seemed like I could find handgun ammo at Walmart here and there last few months. Seems like I haven't been finding anything at any Walmarts lately (last 3-4 weeks). Anyone else notice this or is my timing just bad? Are they choosing not to carry handgun ammo?

Last edited:

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Saw 5 boxes of .40 at the Walmart in Noblesville a few days ago. Everything else was cleared out except shotgun. Just have to be there at the right time I guess.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It comes in, and jerkwads who have nothing better to do than go there every damn day at 11P and/or 7a daily to grab it as soon as it comes off the truck. This includes asking them to go in the back and pull it off the pallet before somebody can get around to putting it out on the shelf.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I was at my local Wal-Mart today to pick up some clays an they Id say at least 25 boxes of 270, an probably 20 boxes of 30-06 and 20 boxes of 243. But other than that nothing, lol. If recoil didn't suck so bad Id almost consider a 30-06 just cause Id be able to find ammo for it, lol

ruggiedj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    I found some 9mm a couple weeks ago. I just got lucky and got it right after they put in the shelf.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Yup, they still carry it.

But Obama personally walks into every single Wal Mart in America and buys all the ammo he can, regardless of caliber. Everything from 17 Mach 2 to 900 JDJ, he wants it all

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I'm at about 1 to 2 days of deliveries that actually have ammo. The app thing is confusing the heck out of me. I still can't figure out why after taking off the store message I still get not carried or out of stock. Help needed if you can help.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bluffton walmart was loaded this morning, 9mm 223 762x39 45 and even 10 boxes of mini mags of which I bought 3.

I haven't found that much ammo at a walmart since this all started.

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Washington Walmart had probably 10+ boxes of WWB 9mm for like $13.97 the other day. If I had a 9mm i would have jumped all over it. I almost jumped all over it anyways just to trade or hold until I did have a 9mm but figured I'd leave it for someone that actually needed it to shoot right now.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Washington Walmart had probably 10+ boxes of WWB 9mm for like $13.97 the other day. If I had a 9mm i would have jumped all over it. I almost jumped all over it anyways just to trade or hold until I did have a 9mm but figured I'd leave it for someone that actually needed it to shoot right now.

Good on you. I was at Walmart in Columbia City the other night after work just to see if they had any. When I got back there they had about 500 rds of 223, 9, 2-3000 rds of 45, and some 30-30's. Some various other rifle calibers were available as well. Walmart said that was the biggest shipment they've had in months. Also, I was at dunhams in warsaw today and they had a 250rd UMC pack and about 500rds of single boxes.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Not sure if I am just missing it, but it seemed like I could find handgun ammo at Walmart here and there last month. Seems like I haven't been finding anything at any Walmarts lately. Anyone else notice this or is my timing just bad? Are they choosing not to carry handgun ammo?

Glad to here you are better now! That 6 month coma must of been tough. :D

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    You can find the Walmart ammo on Armslist, Ingo and other classifieds for an escalated price. The flippers are just getting there ahead of you.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Not sure if I am just missing it, but it seemed like I could find handgun ammo at Walmart here and there last month. Seems like I haven't been finding anything at any Walmarts lately. Anyone else notice this or is my timing just bad? Are they choosing not to carry handgun ammo?

The Greenwood / County Line Rd Walmart has a printed paper taped to the ammo case that reads something along the lines of "Sorry for the inconvenience but we are no longer carrying handgun ammo." I haven't seen any there for months but I don't plan on being there at 7 to score a box either.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As I posted on another thread, at the Walmart in Bedford, last Saturday afternoon, there was a box of 9mm and 2-3 boxes of 380 still on the shelf. But what the Walmart app never seems to show it in stock, in any of the stores around us any more.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    WalMart has been short on ammo since before Sandy Hook. I really like the 100 round packs of Federal Champion. Always tough to find locally. For about the past year and a half I would buy a box or two whenever they happen to have it on the shelf. 9mm was almost never in stock. 40 a person could find every once in a while. Too be honest 22lr has been in short supply for quite some time. I bought a 5000 round case last summer. The LGS could not even order that quantity of the brand and load that I wanted. I finally purchased 10 bricks of a couple different brands. Guys and gals this was a year ago, what most would call pre-panic. Ammo cost has risen and availability gone down since about 2007-2008.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I agree that the "good stuff" has been thinner since Obama's first term, but you could still get the import stuff in bulk through last Fall. Now everything is hit and miss (at best), unless you have a friend that works at XYZ and sets stuff back for you, or your full time job is flipping ammo for a living.

Either way, things have only become more difficult for firearms enthusiasts and casual plinkers, alike.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    The Greenwood / County Line Rd Walmart has a printed paper taped to the ammo case that reads something along the lines of "Sorry for the inconvenience but we are no longer carrying handgun ammo." I haven't seen any there for months but I don't plan on being there at 7 to score a box either.

Ok. I guess I should have read the paper posted. That's the Walmart I frequent. Makes sense. I guess I will quick getting my hopes up when I drive by.

Thanks man!

Top Bottom