• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Take this with a grain of salt. I have a friend who works in the Sporting Goods section at Walmart in Martinsville and she said they're going to be getting firearms again. They're just waiting on the display to set them up.

Like I said - this is a "someone at walmart said", but it could be interesting. Anyone else here of anything like this?

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I have heard that select Walmart stores will be getting in some guns as a test run, i kno a couple in the area started selling muzzle loaders again already

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    Walmart in Logansport has two cabinets up but almost empty. There were just a couple of muzzle loaders in them. I asked someone about it and they said that they are going to start selling rifles and shotguns.

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    the walmart in plymouth has had rifles and shotguns for a while finding someone with a key or a brain is another matter not a real big selection mostly 22 plinkers and 12 gauages

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    You can pretty muck count out Bloomington then. There sporting goods dept. has gone not through a make over in quit a while now. Martinvilles and Linton has. So i say thoughs store are prodally the ones that will.

But it will be interesting to watch.:popcorn:

I have heard that select Walmart stores will be getting in some guns as a test run, i kno a couple in the area started selling muzzle loaders again already

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Walmart in Warsaw has had firearms as long as I can remember. Shotguns, rifles and BP as well as air-rifles.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    It's pretty funny how the same thing can be discussed several times and yet everyone still seems to doubt it. Yes, select stores will be getting guns back and yes some never stopped selling them. This is in no way related to the policy violation that resulted in the termination of those associates. Walmart is not against guns by any means, they are however against policy violations. I can't even count the number of people I have personally terminated for various reasons over the last 6 yrs. I am not saying I have enjoyed doing it, but I agree policies exist for a reason and I will not have people workIng for me that will not follow the policies.

Again, on topic, yes select stores are getting long guns back but the exact dates for each store is unknown.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Evansville stores got rid theirs a few years back. I do not care if they get them back or not. I would rather buy from you guys or a gun shop.

Walmart is a good place to buy TP and games for the kids.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    the walmart in plymouth has had rifles and shotguns for a while finding someone with a key or a brain is another matter not a real big selection mostly 22 plinkers and 12 gauages

Isnt that the truth. Not to long ago you could always find a clerk at or near the hunting department. Now you have to act like your stealing something to get any attention. Plus there ammo selection is pretty thin. On a plus side, it aint Gander Mountain. :D

The Walmart in Valpo has a better selection of ammo but has the same problem as the one in Plymouth, ghost employees.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The Seymour Walmart always has a full gun cabinet and is usually stocked with ammo. Mostly .22 rifles and shotguns, but they are there. If a person is looking for a 10/22 or Mossberg 500 I would say that the prices would be hard to beat.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I am guessing that Walmart upper management realized that even in a recession firearms sell, and in bad times, sell better.

I wonder if they found someone in China making Ruger 10/22 knock-offs!!!!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This is in no way related to the policy violation that resulted in the termination of those associates. Walmart is not against guns by any means, they are however against policy violations.

Walmart is for anything that will make it a profit and against anything that will cost it any money. Now, I understand that Walmart is a for profit business and I don't normally expect anything else out of a corporate entity that is for profit. I'm for a free market and letting the market dictate things, but the inability of the workers who were fired to even fight back to protect themselves is ridiculous. I am personally trying to stay out of Walmart as much as possible, to help with my portion of letting the market dictate things.

Top Bottom