• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Went into my local Walmart today to purchase a box of 357MAGNUM and the gal working at the counter accidently bagged up 357 sig instead. I found this out about 2 minutes after she rang it up, while in the front of the store. I walked back to the sporting goods (5 minutes tops) later and informed her of HER mistake. With the manager standing right there she said NO REFUNDS on ammo?????:n00b: I could not believe it?? The manager then tells me its a Federal Law?? I just spoke with a gun dealer and they told me its NOT Federal Law but Walmart Policy. :xmad: So..I guess my next step is..Does anyone need a box of .357 SIG??? :D

Just wondered how you paid for it? If it was CC, you could call your CC company. Just saying.

jdgdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    I have always asked to see it.Open the box and slide out the tray and checked the stamp, put it back together and say ok.This has got me some questionable looks from the employees but nothing has ever been said to me.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Usually, once you explain the simple math of it, a legitimate manager who focuses on their store's bottom line will take care of the issue.

I think it depends on if the manager in question is the store manager, or one of the store manager's minions (a department manager, or asst manager). The underlings aren't concerned with the store's bottom line, they are mainly concerned with not getting reamed by the store manager.

Independent thought and initiative is NOT encouraged in anyone below store manager. Their only concern is to "follow company policy." The options for the underling are simple:

Follow store policy = happy store director
    Take initiative to work around a problem with a customer = get canned or called on the carpet.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I think most Walmarts have the ammo in a long case out where you can get to it but this is not in a great area and all the ammo is behind a counter under glass. I told the girl what I wanted and pointed to each box. The box may have also been in the back behind where I pointed and stocked in the wrong spot??? not sure but when I got to the front of the store and the security guy opened the bag I noticed the mix up. I called them back and cleared up the mix up on the 'its a federal law" comment and was told I might be able to bring it back for an exchange?? But..I just told them thanks and I would keep the ammo and call it lesson learned, (like I mentioned before).

Ok well the manager could have just gave you the correct box of ammo and took back the incorrect box and gave you difference in money if you paid higher price or let you have it for the cheaper price (if thats what you paid) for your inconvenice. This wouldnt have required a refund in the system that would have been block. All policies that WalMart has regarding merchandise can be broken at managers will. (Unless it breaks a law, which this does not.) If it would happen again I would suggest you recommend that and if they say no move up the ladder of rank of manager. As stated by others someone people don't know better or may be new, etc. and just don't want to be fired for making a mistake. I can tell you that there isnt any store manager in Indy area or surronding that wouldnt honor this method.

FYI, I know this as a fact, I working in a management position Indy market.

CJK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Indy
    This is good reason to buy from a local or small gun shop. They know the rules / law and if they make a mistake they can correct it.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    This is good reason to buy from a local or small gun shop. They know the rules / law and if they make a mistake they can correct it.

As much as I try to support my LGS as much as possible, ammo is one area that I do not..

An $8 or more difference on WWB 9mm adds up, and I am poor, lol.

FunkyZero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    I ran into the same thing some time back.
    I asked the counter guy if they had any 25-06 ammo, he said oh yea we sell a ton of it. I asked him for 2 boxes and he rang it up.
    Before I walked out the front doo I looked and I found 2 boxes of 243W in the bag. Of course, they refused to take it back until... I went home and called Walmart HQ and complained.
    The store manager will be calling you within 48 hours begging you to bring it back.
    I take as much blame as the counter guy for not being smart enough to actually LOOK at it, but this is a corporate policy, not illegal. They are simply trying to protect themselves from liability.

vette3667

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    It's not just ammo, Walmart is a circus. They often have the best prices but in return have cheap labor that many times has no idea what they are doing. No offense if someone works at Walmart, just stating my experience.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    In my opinion every employee at Walmart, even the greeters are far superior to any employee at Fry's Electronics. Those guys are morons at best. Ask any one of them a question and the best they can do is take the product out of your hand and start reading it to determine if it will do what you need.

Top Bottom