• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaurusJR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Did my research on Ammo, to check stock levels before I headed home from work today around 5PM. Discovered Brownsburg Walmart had some 9mm in stock (According to the website, in stock as of 11AM) So I proceeded to swing by there on my way home. I showed up and per usual, none in the case. I asked the girl if it was in the back and if she could check the quantity levels. She said, sure, and scanned it with her Telxon (I used to be in retail, so you get the technical terms) and she said they have 12 boxes. I said, cool, I'll take my three boxes. She said, sorry, can't do that, they're on a truck, and they have to stock them, they probably won't be out until 7:30AM next morning. Well, by this time it was roughly 5:30. I thought to myself, I know Walmart usually stocks stuff in the evening, I'll kick around for awhile. So I went and hung out in Electronics and Baby Toys (I got the Newborn and Wifey to protect). So about 45 minutes goes by, it's about 6:15...guess what I hear...Pallet jacks coming out of the back in force! Sure enough, out comes the merchandise from the truck that won't be out until "7:30 AM next morning" I waited and waited, it got to be about 6:45PM, at this point, a pallet was on the floor that said Winchester 12G. I thought, well I bet the ammo is there. I also saw Federal Ammo Cases with 5.56 rounds, they had about seven of those. I proceeded to ask the girl to check the pallet, she said that's strange, never seen those before. She scanned them for giggles, sure enough, 5.56 at $150+. So she says, well let me check the rest of the stuff, she knew exactly which boxes to open, plain brown boxes with different rounds of ammo inside them (Probably packaged at Walmart Corporate and shipped out). She finds what I was looking for, I said I'll take three. She obliges, trying to keep it all secretive. I looked at her and said, "Why would you tell me to come in at 7:30AM the next morning, when I'm guessing you knew the stock truck was being unloaded, as you were just back there (she took back a delay rifle an hour ago)." She then said something that caught me by surprised, she said, "We're supposed to tell people they'll be on the shelves at 7:30AM the next morning, because you're a 'shark', and when you come in at 7:30AM, you won't get any, because it will have been sold the night before" At this point, inside I was a little upset, a she basically just told me, look, I wasn't going to sell it to you or let you know it would be out this evening. Some Walmart conspiracy or something. She then told me she was going to have to hide all of the Ammo, so that nobody will know it's there. :rolleyes: I chuckled, said your secret is safe with me...or is it :laugh:

TaurusJR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis
    They had 5.56 CASES for $150???

Never seen that at WalMart before

I was surprised to see it as well, even though I'm fairly new to the world of gun ownership, I can tell you I've never seen it there. They had about 8 of them. I looked at the girl and said, "Wow, that's going to make someone really happy!"

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Let's hide the merchandise we want to sell so no one can buy it... Only a Walmart employee/manager could come up with such a fantastic plan to sell something...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was surprised to see it as well, even though I'm fairly new to the world of gun ownership, I can tell you I've never seen it there. They had about 8 of them. I looked at the girl and said, "Wow, that's going to make someone really happy!"

So how many rounds in their 5.56 "cases" ?

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Checked the greenfield Wally world at about 9 pm....jack on the shelves. Guy there knows me well as we've discussed firearms at great length. He's telling me that he doesn't know when ammo comes in, what calibers would be there if they did get any, etc. personally, I'm thinking that there's a shortage of ammo being produced from manufacturers. Anybody hear anything in reference to companies like Remington and federal not making rounds? Specifically .223/5.56?

nicktw25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I just called the Brownsburg Walmart to see if they had .223 or 5.56 in stock. Some girl answered and told me she would go look. Took her about 5 minutes to walk over 3 feet to look. It sounded like she was going through boxes and talking to another employee too. Are you sure you saw the 5.56 cases? If so I'm gonna stop by tomorrow morning.

TaurusJR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I just called the Brownsburg Walmart to see if they had .223 or 5.56 in stock. Some girl answered and told me she would go look. Took her about 5 minutes to walk over 3 feet to look. It sounded like she was going through boxes and talking to another employee too. Are you sure you saw the 5.56 cases? If so I'm gonna stop by tomorrow morning.

100% I saw them, should've taken a photo, she even scanned them, I know the cost was around $150 or $180, can't quite remember, but I asked, "What are they" and I pushed it off the pallet a bit, and saw the label, my jaw dropped, I knew they would make someone happy. I was personally hoping for myself it was filled with 9mm, but that was a dream I was having I guess.

Avar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    Now I know when I see empty shelves at Wallyworld, some employee is grabbing it and selling it online somewhere. I guess the guy making Walmart wages wanted a raise.

Top Bottom