• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cotter999

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Walmart, Avon

They just had a new shipment in at the Walmart in Avon on Tuesday night. I stocked up on .45. Not sure how long they will last. They did get .223 in.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How much is everybody's time worth that they'll make several trips to Walmart for ammo? Or the gas for the multiple trips there than just paying more for it at a place that actually has ammo?

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Stopped in the Brownsburg WalMart for some odds and ends this morning. They had one can of the Federal clipped 5.56 under the gun cabinet. Operative word being, "had".

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    I strolled into Fishers Walmart last night to check the ammo case, and left disappointed in more ways than one. Upon entering I made the right to head towards sporting goods, and heard loud footsteps behind me. I turned to see a 40 some year-old guy in skinny jeans speed walking...like resisting the urge to run. He arrived at the case just in front of me to find it empty....and another guy standing there staring at bare shelves. The d-bag then strikes up a conversation with the other guy, about how he was hoping to buy some ammo to sell :wallbash: I should have stuck my foot out as he went shuffling by .....

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Did my research on Ammo, to check stock levels before I headed home from work today around 5PM. Discovered Brownsburg Walmart had some 9mm in stock (According to the website, in stock as of 11AM) So I proceeded to swing by there on my way home. I showed up and per usual, none in the case. I asked the girl if it was in the back and if she could check the quantity levels. She said, sure, and scanned it with her Telxon (I used to be in retail, so you get the technical terms) and she said they have 12 boxes. I said, cool, I'll take my three boxes. She said, sorry, can't do that, they're on a truck, and they have to stock them, they probably won't be out until 7:30AM next morning. Well, by this time it was roughly 5:30. I thought to myself, I know Walmart usually stocks stuff in the evening, I'll kick around for awhile. So I went and hung out in Electronics and Baby Toys (I got the Newborn and Wifey to protect). So about 45 minutes goes by, it's about 6:15...guess what I hear...Pallet jacks coming out of the back in force! Sure enough, out comes the merchandise from the truck that won't be out until "7:30 AM next morning" I waited and waited, it got to be about 6:45PM, at this point, a pallet was on the floor that said Winchester 12G. I thought, well I bet the ammo is there. I also saw Federal Ammo Cases with 5.56 rounds, they had about seven of those. I proceeded to ask the girl to check the pallet, she said that's strange, never seen those before. She scanned them for giggles, sure enough, 5.56 at $150+. So she says, well let me check the rest of the stuff, she knew exactly which boxes to open, plain brown boxes with different rounds of ammo inside them (Probably packaged at Walmart Corporate and shipped out). She finds what I was looking for, I said I'll take three. She obliges, trying to keep it all secretive. I looked at her and said, "Why would you tell me to come in at 7:30AM the next morning, when I'm guessing you knew the stock truck was being unloaded, as you were just back there (she took back a delay rifle an hour ago)." She then said something that caught me by surprised, she said, "We're supposed to tell people they'll be on the shelves at 7:30AM the next morning, because you're a 'shark', and when you come in at 7:30AM, you won't get any, because it will have been sold the night before" At this point, inside I was a little upset, a she basically just told me, look, I wasn't going to sell it to you or let you know it would be out this evening. Some Walmart conspiracy or something. She then told me she was going to have to hide all of the Ammo, so that nobody will know it's there. :rolleyes: I chuckled, said your secret is safe with me...or is it :laugh:

Why even shop there? That response is coming from mgmt/corporate. They don't care about customers. They care about profit.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I went into the Walmart in Fishers a few weeks ago and was told that when they had gotten in their order of 7.62x39 some guy was waiting there and spent over $8k on a credit card and bought every box they had! Then, he had the gall to tell the associate there that he was going to make a killing at the Indy 1500 gun show!!!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I know that, but don't think it translates to everyone. Shop small and spend $2 more. In the long run, it will be, money well spent.
    The problem is that it's much more than a $2 difference. Everyone is gouging but the big names. They haven't raised their prices to anywhere near the extent of everyone else.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I went into the Walmart in Fishers a few weeks ago and was told that when they had gotten in their order of 7.62x39 some guy was waiting there and spent over $8k on a credit card and bought every box they had! Then, he had the gall to tell the associate there that he was going to make a killing at the Indy 1500 gun show!!!

According to some members here that is not gouging but simply free market trade and the capitalist way. I couldn't do it but to some it's just dandy. ;)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The problem is that it's much more than a $2 difference. Everyone is gouging but the big names. They haven't raised their prices to anywhere near the extent of everyone else.

And those who haven't raised their prices have none. Else people wouldn't be making multiple trips to multiple Walmarts never to find any ammo. Doesn't make sense to me to make multiple trips burning up gas to save $5 on a box of ammo.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    And those who haven't raised their prices have none. Else people wouldn't be making multiple trips to multiple Walmarts never to find any ammo. Doesn't make sense to me to make multiple trips burning up gas to save $5 on a box of ammo.
    Yeah, if they are making special trips certainly. There are two wallie worlds OMW to work so it doesn't cost me anything extra other than leaving a few minutes early. That said, I gave up now that some are limiting to 3 boxes each. I'd rather wait for suppliers to get more in and deal with the stock I have for now

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    According to some members here that is not gouging but simply free market trade and the capitalist way. I couldn't do it but to some it's just dandy. ;)

And if Walmart charged current market prices, this wouldn't be happening. But then we'd hear the anti gougers whining about the evil, greedy Walmart.

Top Bottom