• ...and so much more!
  • .45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Love the zombie scenes, but I think I'm equally interested in the group dynamics in a SHTF situation. You probably would have a mix of people, each with their own baggage, and under unbelievable stress. So from that perspective I think about what my group will do when the economy collapses. That said, I really wouldn't mind a little more action.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Shane and the blonde chick need to roll. Between the two of them, they could probably survive longer than Rick's menagerie. Hershel needs to get a grip. He was wrong and he has been exposed, no sense in trying to stay on that road. Get with the program. As for traveling around, they let that Zombie just keep "walking" in the field on the way back to the farm. Standing order number 1 - all zombies must die everywhere, anytime they are found regardless of sex, age, or familial relation!!! I vote towards Shane's style vs Rick's.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I've wondered about some of the stuff I see on the show and commented about some of it even, but the ONE single issue I have at the moment is exactly HOW does this disease spread? Apparently only by bite leading one to believe that the zombies have grown some sort of venom gland but alas at the CDC there was no mention of this....not airborne, blood borne seems out since the splatter gets in their eyes, mouths and open wounds....until the last episode the only way anyone got it was by being bitten now there were 2 COs infected with no bitemarks....I suppose the virus is mutating? Hopefully the winter will kill them all off.

...as far as leaders go, Rick is where it's at. He takes his time, thinks things through, follows his convictions and gets really lucky a lot. Shane would have them all running around like mad max getting them all killed. Someone needs to learn to fly a chopper.....

Last edited:

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    if you like the relationships between the characters and how they cope, read the comic. the show doesn't do any of the characters justice. they're all kind of bland and the story is too when you compare it to the comic.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    its just my assumption but i think that since they cant just keep makeing the groups smaller and smaller , shane in about to be taken out by carl and this new guy will replace him. again just my thoughts on what is about to happen.

pmorriso

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Rick is the best choice for leader because he does have a level of compassion, which helps to hold the group together. Shane on the other hand is a badass and can pull through when need be and get stuff done. Together the team is what makes it all work, the only one I could see being happy alone and with out all the whining would be Daryl. With the Walking Dead being what it is i'm still a fan, although I myself have become slightly less interested as the plot continues. I will still watch though.

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    I am ready for them to move on from the farm. They need to know more about what is going on in the rest of the world. When will we find out what the scientist told Rick right before the CDC went up in flames? Why in the hell did they not take all of the Humvees and machine guns that were sitting on the ground around the CDC? Where in the hell did they get those vegetables that the women were cutting up in the last episode? Those veggies looked wayyyy too good to be grown on a small farm like that. What have they done to better their lives on the farm? What ever happened to the Black guy and his son? What about the Hispanic family that didn't travel to the CDC?

I really want to read the comic series, but I am afraid that it will ruin the show for me.

Season 1 = Really Good
    First half Season 2 = Less then stellar
    Second half Season 2 = Looking good so far

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Great discussion..

If the virus is spread by a cut wouldn't contaminated zombie blood splattered all over your face, possibly in your mouth, nose and eyes give it to you?

I think I will have to try and find the comic and read it.. Honestly didn't know it was a comic..

I would say it is better than many things on TV but still has some room for improvement..

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I'd probably be closer to Rick's style (though I would have mercy-killed the kid, if he wanted it, if only because the odds of patching up that leg wouldn't be great if I tore something important and "saving" a fellow only to have him bleed out seems ignorant) because Shane is quite insane. He talks about being hard, trying to live in "the real world" etc but in reality that's a cover for his being a selfish tool who just wants Rick's wife and kid(s). Anyone with his attitude would be a liability to a group, particularly since he won't challenge Rick for leadership openly or shut up and listen to the acknowledged leader of the group. He's a loose cannon, and an extremely arrogant one to boot.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I'd probably be closer to Rick's style (though I would have mercy-killed the kid, if he wanted it, if only because the odds of patching up that leg wouldn't be great if I tore something important and "saving" a fellow only to have him bleed out seems ignorant) because Shane is quite insane. He talks about being hard, trying to live in "the real world" etc but in reality that's a cover for his being a selfish tool who just wants Rick's wife and kid(s). Anyone with his attitude would be a liability to a group, particularly since he won't challenge Rick for leadership openly or shut up and listen to the acknowledged leader of the group. He's a loose cannon, and an extremely arrogant one to boot.
    Yeah, Shane pretty much bowed to Rick when he arrived thus MAKING him the leader. It seemed as though Shane held that role in the group prior to Rick arriving though.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Rick is best leader for the group but a bit too much conscience.

Lori is a skinny skank. The neighborhood busy-body. I hope she gets eaten, though she wouldn't make much of a meal.

Dale and all his BS is getting on my last nerve. I'm glad he's dead.

Shane has some level of skills but is best kept on a chain.

Andrea Off her rocker but you could show her a bit of appreciation and she would do your bidding.

Carol. See above.

Hershell. A mix of Dale and a recovering alcoholic. Keep him in a situation you can control and he'll be fine. Barely suppressed demons though. Reminds me much of a couple of recovering alcoholics I know. They are good (and rigid!) within a set of defined environments. Don't let those environmental guidelines fail though or they go to crap.

Darrell. Not a leader but a modern Tom Sawyer. He'll survive and had the common sense to get a real knife early on. (Busse.)

Glenn. He'll survive. Different from Darrell but, like Darrell, he'll make it.

Maggie. Oh h*** yeah. Look up "Farmer's Daughter" in the dictionary! Did you see her on the horse with the club taking on the zombies head?? Maggie's awesome! Cute! Love the accent! Glenn has the most enviable position in the series for me now!

Maggie_Greene%2C_2.jpg

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    rick is the best leader. i would probally be more like shane myself. he shines in the group and is a key player but he isnt number one and doesnt have to take all the blame... as for the boy with the leg. i would have shot him in the streets and told myself i was putting him out of misary.. end of story. mercifull killing

nmcampbe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Central IN
    At the beginning they kept showing the squeaking windmill. Just wondering if this is what was attracting all the walkers we saw at the end? Looks like the next episode could be interesting.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Maggie. Oh h*** yeah. Look up "Farmer's Daughter" in the dictionary! Did you see her on the horse with the club taking on the zombies head?? Maggie's awesome! Cute! Love the accent! Glenn has the most enviable position in the series for me now!

:rockwoot:

If I were Glenn I'd be busy at home with her!

Top Bottom