• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    what are you running the federal 22lr ammo through? i have thought of giving it a try, but i usually stick with the minimags.

Ruger 10/22 and Walther P22... Always worked great in the Ruger, and works great in the Walther after breaking it in with 3-4 minimags.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Walmart has Federal 9mm value packs? What color is the box, so I can keep an eye out for it!

Federal doesn't do the 100 value packs. However the Federal 50 packs are usually under $10 making them cheaper than the WWB value packs.

And for another poster, wwb does do the 100round value packs in .380. They are rare to find though.

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I love the Federal red box ammo. It keeps being one of the more accurate loads in various guns as far as bulk .22 goes. And functions well.

I avoid the Winchester Wildcat ammo. It is usually one of the least accurate loads, with a few exceptions. The Winchester XP is accurate, but the truncated cone shape does give function problems in some guns.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    what are you running the federal 22lr ammo through? i have thought of giving it a try, but i usually stick with the minimags.

Through most guns the Federal is almost as accurate as the mini-mags for me. Not quite as accurate, but close, and LOTS cheaper.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Through most guns the Federal is almost as accurate as the mini-mags for me. Not quite as accurate, but close, and LOTS cheaper.

Ditto...Federal Bulk Pack is nearly all I run in all of my 22's. I end up with a handful of FTF's, and a few FTE's out of the pack of 550 rounds, which is almost expected out of .22LR ammo. But to have 10 out of 550 rounds is certainly tolerable, and the accuracy has been great!

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    Fed .22 and WWB .40 for me, I really like the WWB 100 RD value pack of .40, I think it's relatively accurate in my glock and IMHO it's well manufactured, well priced ammo.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    For all of Walmarts evils they make up for it by selling cheap ammo. The 1500 you still see people charging double Walmart's price. Proof that capitalism and big corporations arnt all that bad.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    For all of Walmarts evils they make up for it by selling cheap ammo. The 1500 you still see people charging double Walmart's price. Proof that capitalism and big corporations arnt all that bad.

I can only assume that someone signed a contract for several years supply of ammo for walmart. Unlike the other ammo distributors that did not have a very good or long contract that is paying the inflated prices and passing it along to the gun dealers.

I bought 12 boxes of federal 40 cal today at Avon walmart.:D

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Today I saw Winchester 9mm 115gr 100rd value packs, which I promptly bought. Anyone buy these up whenever they see em, like most people do with the Federal .22lr red box? Is the Winchester 9mm "white box" value pack a staple that can be bought at most Walmarts?

These WWB in 9mm are the primary food for my Baby Glock 26. Anytime I see them at Walmart I try to purchase as many as possible. :rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I can only assume that someone signed a contract for several years supply of ammo for walmart. Unlike the other ammo distributors that did not have a very good or long contract that is paying the inflated prices and passing it along to the gun dealers.

I bought 12 boxes of federal 40 cal today at Avon walmart.:D

Walmart acts as it's own distributor so there's an entire level of profit that is missing from their prices. Also, the Federal 9mm and 40 they sell has WalMart only SKU's on it - and the loadings aren't listed on Federal's website. The quantities they order allow them significant bargaining power - and they're perfectly happy making 5-10 cents on the dollar.

For those that are interested, the 9mm is $9.47/50 and the 40 is $13.97. The 9mm is very hard to find, and the 40 will probably take you a stop or two to find, depending on when they get stock. I won't chase after it at that price when I know i can get 9MM for $11-12 @PSS.

Last edited:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I can only assume that someone signed a contract for several years supply of ammo for walmart.

Very likely. Part of the reason a lot of people dont like dealing Walmart. Very hard to turn a profit when you cant adjust pricing according to market demand. But its a system that works well for the consumer, and Walmart.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I won't chase after it at that price when I know i can get it for $11-12 @PSS.

I didnt know they had ammo that cheap at PSS. For 12.00 a box for 40 I will be there tomorrow to buy some. Most of the other retail stores around indy are still 20.00 plus for the 40 cal stuff. if they even have it.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Wow, Walmart had a skid this morning? They had very little when I went in there around 5. Picked up another Fed 22 value pack myself. The guy infront of me wanted 380 and they were out

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I bought two Winchester 9mm value packs of 100 rounds each got them home and put them in some old 50 round box's I had around and found out that both had 101 rounds in them, extra value for your bucks!!!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Are some of the Wally Worlds not limiting the quantity of the 100 round packs to 1 box/person/day? Also they have been 6 boxes/person/day on the Federal 50 round packs. If I am reading the above posts correctly some stores have dropped the limit. :dunno:

Top Bottom