• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    Having mostly shot .22lr most of my life, I am a big fan of the Wal Mart Federal red box 550rd value pack of .22lr. Its my go to ammo for plinking and I usually buy it when I see it. I think there is a consensus on this forum that its THE stuff to buy for practice.

Today I saw Winchester 9mm 115gr 100rd value packs, which I promptly bought. Anyone buy these up whenever they see em, like most people do with the Federal .22lr red box? Is the Winchester 9mm "white box" value pack a staple that can be bought at most Walmarts?

What other Walmart "value pack" deals do you guys live to see stacked up behind the ammo counter?

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Love the value paks!:D
    I buy both when they come available.
    To bad thats not as often as it use to be!:xmad:

Wish they had a .380 value pak, that would :rockwoot:

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Having mostly shot .22lr most of my life, I am a big fan of the Wal Mart Federal red box 550rd value pack of .22lr. Its my go to ammo for plinking and I usually buy it when I see it. I think there is a consensus on this forum that its THE stuff to buy for practice.

Today I saw Winchester 9mm 115gr 100rd value packs, which I promptly bought. Anyone buy these up whenever they see em, like most people do with the Federal .22lr red box? Is the Winchester 9mm "white box" value pack a staple that can be bought at most Walmarts?

What other Walmart "value pack" deals do you guys live to see stacked up behind the ammo counter?

Ah Ha... It was You that was packing up all the 9mm in doubled sacks at the counter as I walked in. :D

I failed to tell you that Plainfield had a skid of ammo come in today too.

Thanks for leaving me two of the bulk WWB 9mm's bro.

TK

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Stopped at a Wally World in Logansport today and they had several value packs in 9 and .40 cal. They don't have quite as many now. :rockwoot:

So IN Dude

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Evansville
    Ditto, I just bought some of the white box 9mm from wal-mart (don't even own a 9mm pistol yet) they had some 45 there too. I always look for the fed 22lr and the win 9mm also.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just can't get any of the federal stuff all the Wally's around me always seem to be out. Been buying the winchester expert Val-pak cause that's whats there. they got a good deal on fed .223 100rnds for $35

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I buy 2-3 FVP's every time I go to Wally World. I bet I have over 100K rounds.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I hit the southport walmart 3x or more a week to find the stuff.

A favorite of mine is the JHP Remington value green boxed stuff. You can get 100 9mm JHP for $25ish. I really need some JHP .40 though.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I stop when Im out running around the city and donut counties everyday looking for 40 cal.

I dont usually find much in the value packs, but have several thousand rounds in the federal.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i do the same thing. i patrol 4 of the 5 local walmarts always checking if they have any in stock and trying to pick up whatever i can.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne

what are you running the federal 22lr ammo through? i have thought of giving it a try, but i usually stick with the minimags.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    The Winchester 100 rnd VP in 9mm is a Great deal at $20.97. That brings the case price cheaper than a lot of dealers can get ammo, for at their case pricing. Buy all u can, and I tell my buddies, bring your wife, so she can buy 6 boxes.:)

Top Bottom