• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I wonder why the Mayor isn't as concerned with that heroin/meth infested motel down the street? I'm sure Wal-Mart contributes more to the local tax base than that crap hole motel.

On a side note, Mars Hill is getting a Wal-Mart grocery....that should be interesting. It will be centrally located between the liquor stores, the trailer park(s) and The World's Largest Shell Station. If nothing else, it should eliminate some of the pond scum that frequents the Camby Wal-Mart (not that there's much difference between The Hill and Camby). But it should make a few of the East Camby wanna-be soccer moms happier.

He is giving the hotel just as much grief.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am friends with him on FB so I hear about all his exploits. He is doing the best he can for the city.

I hope you aren't basing how much he is doing by following his mayoral website on Facebook! I wasn't sure if you were joking or not.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    OK, you want solutions? Let's talk solutions.
    WalMart has too easy access to getting in and out of the store.
    Maybe they need to restrict that access somehow.
    How about something like Fry's? One door in and one door out separated by a good distance.
    Make it harder for the perps so they won't even try to steal anything.
    That might inconvenience the legitimate shoppers some but it might solve a large portion of the problems.
    The Meijer's store down the road is in a similar situation to the interstate highway but yeah it is harder to access. Do they have the same problem that WalMart and Beech Grove do? I don't know, I haven't heard anything about it if they do.
    When you come right down to it, people are the problem not WalMart.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Did you read the book? I am guessing no. This weekend, read the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Bottom-Worldview-Makes-Underclass/dp/1566635055

Still have your copy, sorry...

I got about 60 pages in and thought I was back in court listening to defendants. I'll get it back to you Monday. ;)

Sorry, wrong book. I'll get it back anyway.

Implement a dress and hygiene code and there will not be any more incidents at the Walmart. Make them behave and they will. If they chose not to behave responsibly (bath, shave and dress like a grown up), then don't let them in the store.

Yeah. And wait for the federal judge to pounce, and INGOtarians to cheer.

The courts can't/don't even try to do this as far as defendants. See people showing up everyday in the most inappropriate attire (not to mention behavior). Don't see Walmart going the 'corrective' route in our lifetimes.

Where do the Walmart folks fit in on the Eloi/Morlock continuum?

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have a solution. Given my distaste for the suggestion of hiring off-duty LEOs* how about lowering Walmart's property taxes by the amount dedicated to law enforcement and they in turn become solely responsible for taking care of their own place? The mayor can go buy some cheese to go with his whine, the PD won't be overtaxed with apprehending criminals, and those who are happy with Walmart's safety and security can continue to shop there and all others can go elsewhere. Perfect free-market solution.

*About that disdain. The only time this issue really struck close to home is in a situation in which the local PD stopped making any attempt to keep the crime under control, ironically in an area the city was aggressively promoting, which caused a serious problem for some restaurant-owning friends of mine. They were confronted with this suggestion which was extremely irritating on several levels, first of which being that they were already taxed significantly in part to pay for law enforcement. They do not have a parking lot, but rather rely on curbside parking. They do not have any internal problems unlike the establishment on the next block which does hire off-duty LEO who do not lift a finger to address even the most egregious behavior (like using parked cars for trampolines) unless it involves damage to the business, not 'outside' misbehavior of the clientele. This place, incidentally is deliberately magnetic to those types of people and exists for the purpose of serving them, unlike Walmart which does not deliberately attract criminals that it will need hauled off). After addressing the problem (not for the first time) with the local PD, the answer they got was to hire and off-duty officer. Oh, and when I say the police won't do anything, they wouldn't even do anything the time a group of motorcyclists were patronizing a neighboring business and riding their motorcycles up and down the sidewalk. I damn near got plowed stepping out the front door. Calling the police did zero good.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    No, I think we should take the perps out back of the store and shoot them then bury them down by the creek, no need to call the overworked BG police.

Who defiles a Walmart and how is of little concern to me, but when the behavior extends to the best pho restaurant in the midwest I'm moved to agree with drastic measures.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Maybe it's time for cbhausen to do a few OC Walmart walks in Beech Groove?

Not! Either nobody notices or nobody cares.
    they need to enforce a dress code. If you let people shop with their ass and ******* hanging out of outfits that are 4 times too small for them then your gonna get trash shopping in your store.
    Personaly I hope they eventually shut that walmart down. It has done nothing but trash beech grove along with the section 8 housing and bus stops.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Who defiles a Walmart and how is of little concern to me, but when the behavior extends to the best pho restaurant in the midwest I'm moved to agree with drastic measures.

Better than Pho 36 in Avon?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Nope, FB is my only source for what is going on in the world. If I don't see it there, it doesn't exist.

I don't do FB, but my wife has as a FB friend the wife of one of my coworkers. I know more about his life than ever before. He can't come to work after our long change with any news anymore including the names of his newest grandkids! I already heard everything from my wife!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I live about equidistant between the Paoli Walmart and the Bedford Walmart. And even though there's a different "looking" clientele, on average, between the two, I don't know that there's a dime's worth of difference between the behaviors of the 2 different clientele. I guess economic differences don't necessarily explain why people act the way they do.

i shop at the Bedford Wally 2 time a month.......never have had any trouble there.....it just floors me how many people steal for a living.....

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    i shop at the Bedford Wally 2 time a month.......never have had any trouble there.....it just floors me how many people steal for a living.....

It shocks you because human nature is to measure others by the image in the mirror. As a non-thief, this comes as a surprise to you, which is a good thing.

Similarly, there are things I understand to exist and understand in a general way but do not truly understand, for which I am very thankful because understanding these people would require being one of them.

Top Bottom