• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeepjester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    Has anyone here tried the truammo sold at wal mart? I saw the 223 ammo for $5.97 for box of 20. It is a good price unless it is no good.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Works OK for me with pistol cartridge and 7.62x39 but my AR will break the lip on some trying to extract, doesn't like to feed properly, and I have even had the cases expand and stick in the chamber (cause for extraction issue). It's cheap and steel cases, if it works it works. Don't. Uh a bunch until testing function first.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    till one mushrums in ur ar.

Pfffft, guns don't blow up. I read this gun xspurt forum INGO and from it I know that ARs never gun blow up.:D

Here ya go SPORTS fans:

The Firearm Blog » Rock River Arms KABOOM

Just keep your hands off The Exploder with any ammo that is brass cased and you'll be fine, jeep. Use the orginal forward assist and not The Exploder.

Count it with me: "Slap, slap, slap, KABOOM!"

NSFW Warning!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh1lyMyejpI[/ame]

Last edited:

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ran without any problems but is very filthy ammo. Took longer to clean the gun. I won't use it any more, not worth it. :nono:

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    I have had misfires with both wolf and tulammo. Both were in the very slight percentage. Wolf, 5 out of 10,000 and the Tulammo, 1 out of 2,000. Let me qulaify the misfire. The rounds were a fail to fire. Both companies sent me bags to ship the bad rounds return post and both companies sent me more ammo to cover the issue.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    My recent TulAmmo experiences:

Several (maybe 3 or 4) boxes 9mm at Atterbury through my Glock 17 - 2 FTFs (both struck twice, and nothing...) :noway:

Simply won't feed up through my Ruger P95 metal mags. Those steel cases are really rough polished, and my mags are pretty clean. Pretty weird after a mag feed failure, taking out a few cartridges, turning it over and seeing all of the cartridges just jumble up in a mess. I would not describe trying to get all of the rearranged, jammed cartridges out of the mag as, "A good time." :noway:

And - it's some dirty, dirty powder. :noway:

Upside - a little cheaper than the cheapest at Wang Mart, if they don't have the loose boxed Federal 100rnd boxes in stock. Meh.

It's from Russia, with love (apparently)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can get decent .223 in 20 rd. box in brass for $6 and change. Why put regular crap gas in your hot rod Camaro....you wouldn't....or would you.....just wrong.

EDIT...steel case runs so dirty. It can not be a good thing.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have shot lots of Tula 9mm. I haven't had any problems except for several rounds out of one box. Other than that pretty reliable. I saw it at walmart for the first time in months tonight. Very surprised.

Top Bottom